Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,985 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom (23272 Views)

Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network / The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by maximunimpact(m): 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
Nigerian telecom giant Globacom has been ordered to leave Benin because it has refused to pay a new licensing fee.

The Regulatory Authority for Electronic Communications and Posts (ARCEP), which issued the order, noted that its decision was based on the Glo’s refusal to pay while others are paying.

The regulator said it had, therefore, directed Glo to stop the sale of new SIM cards and recharge cards.

Glo is required to notify its subscribers of the impending cessation of its activities and ask them to use up their available airtime and data within 30 days of the notification sent to them, according to the regulator.

“Glo Mobile will also have to maintain its passive co-location infrastructure with other operators for a period of three months,” ARCEP stated.

In September 2017, negotiations between Glo and the new administration failed.

Glo has been operating in Benin since August 2007 and has grown its market share to about 12% over the 11 years period.

If Glo finally leaves Benin, it would have been the second to leave after Bell Benin Communications SA exited some time back.

That country would then be left with MTN, Libercom, Spacetel and Moov serving subscribers in that country.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/01/21/benin-republic-sacks-nigerias-globacom/
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Amazing
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by oblaak(m): 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
I gave up on GLO the day they told me it would take me 1 million years plus 226 days and 12 hours to download a 375mb worth of film on my phone. Would the world not have ended by then?

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by horsepower101: 11:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
Nigerian influence is withering..Its a slow but steady progression.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by fistonati(m): 12:33am On Jan 22, 2018
Four stages of President Buhari
In 2016 # Sai Baba.
2017 # Kai Baba.
2018 # Why Baba.
2019 # Bye Baba. Meanwhile, i thought it was due to bad network only to realise that its bad economic policies of pmb playing out.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by drake2(m): 3:47am On Jan 22, 2018
oblaak:
I gave up on GLO the day they told me it would take me 1 million years plus 226 days and 12 hours to download a 375mb worth of film on my phone. Would the world not have ended by then?

lol. The World would have ended and restarted more than a 100 times oh

8 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by OAUTemitayo: 5:43am On Jan 22, 2018
Close Nigerian's border at seme. They will drag Globacom back themselves. Nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by revolt(m): 6:27am On Jan 22, 2018
Our stupid president doesn't know its time to meet the Benin president, and give glo soft landing, ohhhh I forgot ...adenuga isn't Fulani or dangote.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by TechPanda(m): 6:45am On Jan 22, 2018
and here was i thinking maybe its cos the network is too fast over there undecided

3 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Donpresh95(m): 6:55am On Jan 22, 2018
Glo thinks that there is Nigeria where a few criminals are above the law refusing to pay bill because they have Abraham in government. I support JUSTICE. PAY OR LEAVE

17 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by yeyeboi(m): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2018
Ok
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2018
grin
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2018
oblaak:
amazing
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2018
It finally came through
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by soberdrunk(m): 8:25am On Jan 22, 2018
When they have used all the company money to pay artistes and dash subscribers 'imaginary' cars. I wonder why Nigerian companies never stand the test of time sad

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by saasala(m): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2018
shocked

4 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Xbee007(m): 8:27am On Jan 22, 2018
That is bad news for Glo.
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Dhayor001(m): 8:27am On Jan 22, 2018
Those guys up there blaming Buhari, I hope you blamed Jacob Zuma for MTN's Nigeria's fine and Bell Benin's pull out from Benin republic.

Rubbish

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by HAH: 8:27am On Jan 22, 2018
Glo is very good in my location, if their service is as good as here everywhere in Nigeria then they don't need a small country like Benin rep.

Cheapest and fastest network in data, glo rocks, yesterday I watched the barca match on mobdro without a single buffering

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by dingbang(m): 8:27am On Jan 22, 2018
Hahhahahhahahahahhaha.....

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by bokunrawo(m): 8:28am On Jan 22, 2018
Glo do switch off network in my area like nepa light

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by zabuur: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Another fallout of Buharis bad leadership ..I warned 7 months into Buharis tenure that Buharis style of leadership can only lead to losses for every Nigerian both young and old , rich and poor ..Nobody is spared

It's Benin Republic not Benin city. And it's Glo not Nitel

5 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:28am On Jan 22, 2018
grin

oblaak:
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by gidado14(m): 8:28am On Jan 22, 2018
fistonati:
Four stages of President Buhari
In 2016 # Sai Baba.
2017 # Kai Baba.
2018 # Why Baba.
2019 # Bye Baba. Meanwhile, i thought it was due to bad network only to realise that its bad economic policies of pmb playing out.

2003 #SAI BABA

2009# SAI BABA

2011# SAI BABA

2015#SAI BABA

2019 # BABA KAWAI

2023 # BABA FOR SENATE PRESIDENT DAN UBANKA
grin

3 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by AnodaIT(m): 8:29am On Jan 22, 2018
Benin President would be like, "You can't do as you like here, this is not Nigeria"

4 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by EmmaLege: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2018
embarassed
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by flyca: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2018
Dhayor001:
Those guys up there blaming Buhari, I hope you blamed Jacob Zuma for MTN's Nigeria's fine and Bell Benin's pull out from Benin republic.

Rubbish
You are dull. Too dull angry

4 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:30am On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari is bad omen to every sensible Nigerian....Things fall apart

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by dsocioemmy(m): 8:30am On Jan 22, 2018
MTN is always available everywhere though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make The Receiver Pay For All Your Calls,on Any Network In Nigeria. / Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) / Aborted Tariff Hike: Expect Poor Data Services, Telecom Operators Tell Consumers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.