Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Latest On Transfer News: Sunday, January 21 Updates: Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Latest On Transfer News: Sunday, January 21 Updates: Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal (660 Views)

Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City more likely to draw Atletico Madrid in UCL / Champions League ‘group Of Death’ Awaits Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City / Carl Ikeme Transfers From One Room To Another On Transfer Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Latest On Transfer News: Sunday, January 21 Updates: Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal by newslinkngr: 5:43am On Jan 22, 2018
Latest gossip and rumours from Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, the Premier League, La Liga and more in the January window.

http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/01/latest-on-transfer-news-sunday-january.html
Alexis Sanchez has completed his Manchester United medical this evening.

The Arsenal star is now expected to finalise his move up north in the next 24 hours.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan agreed personal terms with the Gunners yesterday ahead of the straight swap deal.

Sanchez will earn a staggering £500,000-a-week at Old Trafford under Jose Mourinho.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's move to Arsenal may be edging closer.

The Gabon international is currently suspended at Borussia Dortmund for disciplinary reasons.

And despite Arsene Wenger insisting a deal is not close, Arsenal chiefs have been spotted in Germany this afternoon.

German outlet Bild revealed photographs of Ivan Gazidis arriving at Dortmund earlier today.

Jurgen Klopp may have shot himself in the foot with Liverpool's sparkling recent displays.

Liverpool became the first team to beat Manchester City in the Premier League this season when they swept past Pep Guardiola's in a 4-3 thriller last weekend.

But it's now been claimed that blistering attacking display could hinder Klopp in the transfer market as he targets a replacement for Philippe Coutinho, who was sold to Barcelona for £142m earlier this month.

Journalist Duncan Castles said on the latest episode of The Transfer Window Podcast: "The performances on the field, with a PR perspective in mind, don't help Klopp in terms of getting players in now.

Arsene Wenger Says Alexis Sanchez Could Join Manchester United Within The Next 48 Hours.

http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/01/latest-on-transfer-news-sunday-january.html

"Because FSG can say 'we beat Manchester City, the fans are happy with that, perhaps we can just leave it with Van Dijk for this window. Perhaps we could save money for the next window'."

Chelsea could offer Eden Hazard in a swap deal for Barcelona ace Ousmane Dembele, according to shock reports in Spain.

The Blues star has refused to sign a new contract at Stamford Bridge amid interest from Real Madrid.

And now Spanish outlet Don Balon claim Chelsea could offer Hazard to Barcelona in a stunning deal for Dembele.

The Blues are said to be looking at the Champions League tie against the Catalans as make or break when it comes to the future of the Belgian.

Officials believe Hazard will sign a new contract if Chelsea can eliminate Barcelona from the competition.

Alexis Sanchez has arrived in Manchester for his medical.

The Arsenal star posted a video on his Instagram story earlier as he was about to board a private jet to Manchester.

And Starsport understands the Chile intentional has landed at Manchester Airport as his move to Old Trafford draws closer.

Sanchez, 29, boarded the plane in Farnborough and arrived about midday.

Starsport has tracked his flight, with Sanchez set to complete his Manchester United medical in the next couple of days.

Sanchez will earn a staggering £500,000-a-week at Old Trafford under Jose Mourinho, making him the highest paid player ever in English football.

Former Manchester United coach Steve McClaren has warned Alexis Sanchez's £500,000-a-week wages could create dressing-room disharmony at Old Trafford.

"That is the danger in the modern game and the problem I find in clubs," said McClaren, Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant when United won then treble in 1999.

"Wage parity is very important to players. Yes, they find out - at all levels - and if someone is paid a lot higher than others that can cause a problem.

"In the short term I don't see a problem, but in the long term for Manchester United they will have to solve that problem.

"If he (Sanchez) is on the wages that is being bandied about then other players will know that when their contracts come up or they are in demand from other clubs.

"The others will be looking at renegotiation next season or the season after and getting to that (wage) level if they think they are at that level."

Marco Silva has been sacked by Watford, who have blamed Everton’s approach earlier in the season for their poor run of form.

The Hornets suffered a 2-0 defeat to Leicester yesterday which proved to be the final game for the Portuguese.

A statement from Watford on their website read: "Watford Football Club has parted company with Marco Silva.

“The club is convinced the appointment of Silva was the right one and had it not been for the unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival for his services we would have continued to prosper under his leadership.”

Chelsea hope to complete a double swoop for Roma pair Edin Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri, according to the Daily Mail.

Striker Dzeko and full-back Palmieri will reportedly set the Blues back around £44m.

Manchester United’s odds to sign Leicester striker Jamie Vardy have been slashed by the bookies.

United are expected to bring in Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez in the coming days, but that hasn’t stopped reports linking Vardy with a move to Old Trafford.

And bookmakers Betfair have now responded by slashing United’s odds from 9/1 to 6/1 to sign the England international before the window shuts.

Arsenal tried to bring Manchester United defender Luke Shaw to the Emirates in exchange for Alexis Sanchez.

The Chilean is set to join United this week in a deal that will see Henrikh Mkhitaryan move the opposite way in a straight swap.

The Gunners reportedly wanted French winger Anthony Martial as they look to bolster their attack and replace their talisman.

This Is Why Manchester United Boss Jose Mourinho Does Not Want To Sign Real Madrid Forwards Gareth Bale And Cristiano Ronaldo. (Transfer Gossip)

But The Sun claim that Arsene Wenger’s first choice was United left-back Shaw and his enquiry was met with a resounding no.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is in no rush to replace Philippe Coutinho because he already has capable midfielders at the club.

He said: "Obviously we don’t hesitate to spend the money, we did a few times, but it is not about the moment, it is about making the right decision.

“I really think, it is not that Adam Lallana is a replacement for Philippe Coutinho but he is back. Cool. It is another wonderful, creative, offensive midfield player.

“Does he have the same free kick as Philippe Coutinho? No, but there are a lot of things he can do. He can make us stronger in these situations.

“And there are other players who can stand up. Oxlade-Chamberlain was here all the time with Phil together but he can do a job, Milly still, Gini, so they are all here and can make an improvement and develop in the season so that is all good."

Arsenal and Tottenham have been boosted by Bordeaux winger Malcom’s admission that it’s his dream to play in England.

He said: “I do not know if I will be staying or leaving.

“I leave that to my agents, to the club. If I leave that is great, I thank the club for everything.

"That is life. These are choices. There you go. Now we will see. If I have to stay, I will stay. If I am to leave, then I will leave. So long as I am here, I will do my work.

"Is England a dream? Yes it is a dream, it is a dream for all players and I am no different. As I said, I am here, I must think about working and nothing else. I must not think about leaving now.”

Man Utd star Paul Pogba will demand his £200,000-a-week wages are doubled in order to match new signing Alexis Sanchez.

The Chilean has been linked with a switch to Old Trafford all winter after Arsenal accepted defeat in their effort to keep him at the club.

And the deal is finally on the brink of being completed, with Armenian winger Henrikh Mkhitaryan moving in the opposite direction.

The 29-year-old is set to receive £400,000-a-week at United, which will earn him almost £100m over the next four-and-a-half years.

And according to the Mirror, record signing Pogba wants a pay rise so he is level with his new team-mate.

Saturday, January 20

Arsenal are considering making a move for PSG winger Lucas Moura.

The 25-year-old has found game time hard to come by following the summer arrivals of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe and he’s yet to start a league game this season.

Lucas is keen to play regular football ahead of this summer’s World Cup and according to ESPN FC, Arsene Wenger is keeping tabs on him.

The Gunners are seeking reinforcements in attack due to the imminent departure of Alexis Sanchez, who will finally complete a move to United in the next few days.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan has agreed terms with Arsenal, BBC Sport journalist David Ornstein claims.

The Manchester United star is being used in a swap deal involving Gunners talisman Alexis Sanchez.

The Chile international will be in Manchester tonight to meet United’s medical staff.

And Ornstein says Mkhitaryan will have a medical in the next 48 hours after agreeing terms with Arsenal.

The duo will move in opposite directions as a straight swap, with no money involved in the transfers.

Rio Ferdinand wants Alexis Sanchez to bring the good times back to Manchester United.

Arsenal talisman Sanchez is close to completing his move to Old Trafford.

And former Red Devils star Ferdinand has urged Sanchez to bring silverware to Old Trafford.

“I’m delighted, I can’t wait to see him in that red shirt,” Ferdinand said on BT Sport.
“I hope he’s going to really turn the fortunes of Manchester United into a positive in terms of trying to get some silverware.”

Man Utd star David De Gea has issued his transfer demands to Real Madrid.

Don Balon say the former Atletico Madrid star wants Real to axe Keylor Navas as he wants to be the No.1 as soon as he heads to the Bernabeu.

Don Balon add that De Gea has also told Real to sell Karim Benzema, as well as sacking their manager Zinedine Zidane.

The Spaniard reckons Real need a new boss to bounce back from their hit-and-miss season so far.

And De Gea wants Benzema axed as he doesn’t feel the France international is up to the standards required at the Bernabeu.

Alexis Sanchez will undergo his Manchester United medical tonight.

The Arsenal star was left out of the Gunners’ squad that beat Crystal Palace earlier today.

And according to the Daily Mail, Sanchez will meet up with United’s medical staff at Carrington tonight to undergo his check-up.

They claim the Red Devils have completed the deal to sign the Chile international, subject to his medical.

(1) (Reply)

Coutinho-hails-special-night-barcelona / Draw Prediction!! / Today Game's Are Free Contact For More Games With Higher Odds.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.