Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' (1059 Views)

Michael Odibe Glad To Make Team Of D Season / How Eneramo, Ajilore, Odibe Lost Out / Odibe Ready For Eagles Debut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by dinsky: 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2010
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=277

Giovanni Trapattoni's agent,Domenico Ricci, gave Siena's Michael Odibe a vote of no confidence on Monday when asked about the performance of the 21 year old Siena youngster.

Speaking to allnigeriasoccer from his base in Italy,Ricci said: '' Last game he made a mistake and the coach put him out. I do not now know the issue.Siena won the match 3-2,but that was after the coach substituted him.''

Michael Odibe has shown match rustiness in the games he has been able to garner.He's played 4 times in the Serie A for Siena this season,including two as a substitute.The best bet is to whisk him to the Under 23 Team before he churns out for the full Super Eagles team.

This is what Adam Scine of goal.com said about him in picking him as the worst central defender in the Serie A in the Week 33 round of matches. ''Michael Odibe (Siena): Nervous and dangerous in the tackle, he picked up a booking and risked a red card more than once in the first-half before coach Alberto Malesani hooked the young Nigerian after the break.
Re: Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by deb(m): 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2010
It is harsh on him to be called the worst central defender in the Serie A in the Week 33 round of matches.
I remember Taribo West used to be a rough tackler before he got refined. Odibe could be refined.

Though, i don't believe 21 is his real age lol lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by 12large: 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2010
all we are saying no more odibe, i have watched this guy since lagerback talked about him and trust me he is nwaneri incarnate. central defense is not my worry
apam shittu and adeleye is good enough
Re: Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by semid4lyfe(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2010
Devil wey person know better pass angel wey person no know. I'm okay with the trio of Adeleye, Apam and Shittu in central defence.
Re: Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by gxxxxx: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2010
why is that nigerians like to critiize people when they fully know what the truth are, Michael odibe is a very good player which every coach or any team manager will want to work with, How can u judge him by only his match against bari in the italian seria A, why did they not rate him low when he played against juventus, 5 star perfomance against lazio, bologna and parma, well we just have to truthful, I have watch the young man, and believe you me , he has what it takes to be the best in the whole world, so please stop critizing odibe because he is not the first and he will not be the last,
Re: Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by hollandis(f): 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2010
Our problem is not defence,e need an attacking midfielder and also we need to purge ourselves of certain players,I wonder what eguavoen is even doind sef?
Re: Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by gxxxxx: 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2010
I want to let all u people of anti odibe, who does not know any thing about football, is apam , adeleye and join shittu better than him? I am very dissapointed in the way nigerians critizize there stars, I am really ashamed and very annoid and we should please change our mentality on how we lebel odibe
Re: Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by babexx: 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2010
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT I AM BASED IN ITALY AND A FEMALE JOURNALIST,  AND I HAVE FOLLOWED THE CAREER OF ODIBE,,  HE IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER, AND HE SHOULD NOT BE DISTURB, NIGERIAN WATCH OUT FOR THE RAVE OF THE MOMENT
Re: Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by dinsky: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2010
@Babe:He can't be so good as you said and played only four matches for a lowly team like SIENA.We should not allow mediocrity to thrive in Nigeria.SPEAK OUT.It may interest you to know that i am the author of that story.I spoke to some top agents,Giovanni Trapattoni and Roberto Mancini's agent and they didn't speak well of him.Not everything can be published.

As a person,i love Odibe.He's humility personified.
Re: Nigeria Gets Odibe Warning,makes Serie A ''Worst Team Of The Week'' by gxxxxx: 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2010
[b]Dinsky or what ever name you call your self, you just have personal hatred were odibe is, who is mancinis and traptonies agent to access odibe, had it been he is not a good player will they have signed him in the italian seria A ?? how many Nigerian are playing top flight football in seria A? are you coach lars lagerback who gave good recomendation about him? you just open you mouth and say what ever you feel you can say because you have the gots to, Remember he that God hs lifted up no man born of a woman including you can stop him, Bleep Traptonis agent and Bleep mancinis agent,, why did they not mentioned christian chivu of romania and andrie pirlo who did not perform well, just because odibe is a black man that is why you brought about the issue, and if i must ask you must every player be at its bestl at all time?, Dinsky of what ever your name is, respect  your self or get the or quit you rumour news about people

(1) (Reply)

*********** / Nigeria's Official Starting XI vs Sudan:-Big Surprises/3-5-2 ? / Chelsea Sign Yokohama Rubber As New Official Shirt Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.