Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. (13805 Views)

Oshiomhole And Obaseki’s Credentials By Femi Aribisala / Yoruba Leaders Say No To Cattle Colonies, Back Ranching / Femi Falana Protesting Fuel Price Increase By Jonathan In 2012 (Throwback Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by seunmsg(m): 7:20am On Jan 22, 2018
In a determined bid to solve the perennial clashes between farmers and herdsmen in the various parts of the country, the Buhari administration had embarked on a vigorous campaign for the establishment of ranches in the country. Over a year ago, the Minister of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Chief Audu Ogbe announced that 11 state governments and the federal capital territory administration had made available 55 hectares of land for the establishment of ranches.

He also announced that the federal government had concluded plans to engage the services of 3,000 young men and women to guard the proposed ranches. But for reasons best known to the federal government the plan to set up the ranches was jettisoned to the detriment of peace and stability of the nation.

But having lost thousands of people and destruction of properties worth billions of Naira in avoidable clashes between farmers and herdsmen in several parts of the country the federal government has now decided to establish the ranches. While this belated decision is a welcome development Chief Audu Ogbe should be restrained from causing confusion by giving the misleading impression that the federal government intends to allow owners of cattle to colonise the states that have donated land for the establishment of ranches.

In other words, Chief Ogbe should not be allowed to sabotage the establishment of the ranches with his pet project of "Cattle Colonies ". Since a ranch is a large area of land acquired for raising grazing livestock such as cattle or sheep for the production of meat the proposed ranches should not be called "cattle colonies"

http://saharareporters.com/2018/01/21/no-cattle-colonies-femi-falana

1 Like

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:21am On Jan 22, 2018
angry sad

1 Like

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by seunmsg(m): 7:30am On Jan 22, 2018
I agree with Femi Falana, a cattle colony is just a bigger cattle ranch. Audu Ogbe should stop confusing the people with big grammar in order not to sabotage the policy. A cattle ranch is a cattle ranch whether big or small.

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Escalze(m): 7:35am On Jan 22, 2018
Whether we like it or not, these cattle colonies are going to stand because this is a government that never listens and is on a mission.

7 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by mickeyenglish(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2018
Escalze:
Whether we like it or not, these cattle colonies are going to stand because this is a government that never listens and is on a mission.

I am tired of the ups and downs of this country along with its ill-mannered rulers .Instead of the State Governors to also quickly capitalise on this lovely idea to create ranches or "colonies" not for any Fulani or Northerners, but for the citizens of their respective states.By the time the Southerners start producing large and healty cattle for both dairy and consumption, then ild like to see who would patronise the fulanis.

Post No Bill.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by bloodmoneyspita: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2018
Femi falana has started speaking again.

finally.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by seunmsg(m): 7:52am On Jan 22, 2018
Escalze:

What exactly is wrong with having cattle colonies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by usba: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2018
Falana should keep playing to the gallery, rather than demand the media approach the issue with honesty and integrity, you turn around and blame Audu Ogbeh whose only crime is suggesting a simple solution to a lingering problem.

2 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by magoo10(m): 8:47am On Jan 22, 2018
Falana should enjoy his romance with APC government and support them totally. You cannot serve two masters
we already know the real enemies.

Cattle colony is demonic

13 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by yeyeboi(m): 9:27am On Jan 22, 2018
Ok
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by ChangetheChange: 9:28am On Jan 22, 2018
grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by tabisegroup(m): 9:28am On Jan 22, 2018
G
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by MrRhymes101(m): 9:28am On Jan 22, 2018
imagine how the people of Benue state will feel if u take a portion of their land and give to the same herdsmen killing them... Wedding MC

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by princechurchill(m): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Go to kogi and kwara and ask them the same question.

20 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Gepheral: 9:29am On Jan 22, 2018
I tire tire Nigeria!
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:30am On Jan 22, 2018
mickeyenglish:

I am tired of the ups and downs of this country along with its ill-mannered rulers .Instead of the State Governors to also quickly capitalise on this lovely idea to create ranches or "colonies" not for any Fulani or Northerners, but for the citizens of their respective states.By the time the Southerners start producing large and healty cattle for both dairy and consumption, then ild like to see who would patronise the fulanis.

Post No Bill.
Smart talk

5 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by dukie25: 9:31am On Jan 22, 2018
They've started waking up at last.

1 Like

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Icecomrade: 9:33am On Jan 22, 2018
LOL
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by BIGTinfotech: 9:33am On Jan 22, 2018
Great!!
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by MARKETfund: 9:33am On Jan 22, 2018
What is the Wisdom in Colonies if every mayhem was linked to the Herders.

You want to spread violence?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by TheBlessedMAN: 9:35am On Jan 22, 2018
NIGERIANS..

2013-- Hi Baba.

2014-- Ready Baba.

2015-- Sai Baba.

2016-- Why baba.

2017--Kai Baba.

2017-- Chai! Baba.

2018-- God purnish Baba.

2019-- Bye Baba.

22 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by luvinhubby(m): 9:36am On Jan 22, 2018
seunmsg:

The income goes to private pockets, governmemnt, federal, state or local government, has no business in donating land for a private business, that is what is wrong.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by gbadexy(m): 9:36am On Jan 22, 2018
Some of my yoruba people and blind loyalty even when those close to them feel otherwise!
I just weak from the comments I read here with some trying too hard to defend or justify actions even when sounding stupid with the likelihood of them not also believing it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Donpresh95(m): 9:37am On Jan 22, 2018
wheather Colony or Ranch, One thing is sure, They bring death and mayham as time goes by and they get matured. THOU SHALL NOT FORGET THE WORDS OF SIR NNAMDI KANU

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Einl(m): 9:38am On Jan 22, 2018
Una where vote for Buhari na goats.

3 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Vizboy1: 9:39am On Jan 22, 2018
I have bitcoin available for sale please don’t ask me to send first I will show you my balance even on video call for your verification on blockchain wallet.... contact me on whatsapp with +27603467203
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by chineduemmao: 9:39am On Jan 22, 2018
Femi i dont know your intentions, why say that your minister for agriculture is given the wrong impressions? For your information this sentiment is not chief Audu's he didnt champion it, we've all known this fact since two years ago. The FG is not given our state to herdsmen or however you understand it, he is simply trying to solve a problem by creating a new one. This belief of herdsmen taking full control of any land given to them "by FG" in whatever name- cattle colony OR ranch is not a hypothesis its an eventuality history has record of it, it will surely happen. Why should FG use tax payers money to sponsor peoples private biz, is it not suspicious?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by easyfem(m): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2018
Iweala wrk with politician and bcom evil, adesina was a responsible man bfor joinning politic
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Rigel95(m): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2018
k
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by spafu(m): 9:41am On Jan 22, 2018
If you don't kikwaet there I will call you a useless son of afonja. When you were busy supporting and routing for Buhari didn't you know he was a useless Fulani with 150 barren cows with precedent for achieving success in anything before? I no want vex this early morning o.
Come, OP wetin dey do you sef? Why will you make me pour my vexation on Femi Falana and yet his name is not mention in the article? Hope the thing doing Buhari is not doing you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by diaplo22: 9:41am On Jan 22, 2018
BIGTinfotech:
Great!!

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Aspirants Opposed To PH Venue Are Enemies Of Rivers Sta & Niger Delta - Wike / NSITF Management Reject Suspension By Ngige / Meeting Of APC Presidential Aspirants Postponed As Osinbajo Travels Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.