Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca (6783 Views)

Ojukwu & Bianca Vs Oshomohle & Fortez (photos) / My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) / Interview With Ojukwu,comments On The Coup And Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by Kennyblues(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2010
I think it will be unfair to say that it was just my father that was opposed. My mother had her reservations also, just that she had a different style of showing it. Mothers being what they are, they would hardly cast their daughter adrift completely no matter the circumstance. They don’t want to come out openly and deny or lambaste you. Mothers always try to nurture. But my father was left with the tag of being the chief opponent of the marriage. My mother had her reservations and to tell you the truth, as a mother I would do the same thing.

Right now I am the proud mother of a 12 year old daughter. Even if she was 25 or 30 and comes to tell me that she wants to marry a man twice her age, I would still refuse. Yes I know your next question, yes I did it but that does not make it the usual pattern. Its not conventional and it can only be handled by somebody who is mature and wise beyond their years. And I tell that I support my father’s action. He did the best thing any parent would do for his child. It would have been disappointing if he gave his support without any form of resistance. Basically he did the right thing. My mother had her reservations too, just that my father's own was more prominent because he was more domineering. But the truth is that it was his resistance that has largely helped to make this marriage successful.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by bilymuse: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2010
And they shall know the truth, and the truth would set them free

One day she would be brave enough to acknowledge the truth: Ojukwu was a fraud, and she made a mistake.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 15, 2010
aint that a thang! hahahahahahahaha. sounds like madonna when she said 'i wish my daughter would dress a bit more conservatively' angry angry angry

hope she's ready, cos some randy northern governor will soon offer $100,000 for her daughter's teenage hand in marriage. let's see if she'll refuse then angry angry

two-faced sombodi!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by macIB(m): 9:08am On Apr 15, 2010
medicine after death, !
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by tkb417(m): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2010
iceblue:

aint that a thang! hahahahahahahaha. sounds like madonna when she said 'i wish my daughter would dress a bit more conservatively' angry angry angry

hope she's ready, cos some randy northern governor will soon offer $100,000 for her daughter's teenage hand in marriage. let's see if she'll refuse then angry angry

two-faced sombodi!
grin grin no mind am
na real 2 faced dunderhead
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by cap28: 2:06pm On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

And they shall know the truth, and the truth would set them free

One day she would be brave enough to acknowledge the truth: Ojukwu was a fraud, and she made a mistake.

yup - she's found out the whole thing was a mistake and now with the benefit of hindsight she wishes she'd listened to good old daddy, daddys do tend to know best seeing as theyre older and wiser and have loads more experience tucked under their belt. 

ive always known Ojukwu was a fraud - look at his track record, the fact he led  3million people to their death needlessly and had the balls to return to revamp his failed political career shuld give you an insight into the kind of deranged megalomaniac he is, god knows what Bianca has been putting up with all these years.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by otokx(m): 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2010
What is she even saying?
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by EzeUche(m): 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
I knew people would use this to attack the great man Ojukwu.

How many of your grandfathers married young women? People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Now do not talk about Ojukwu or Lady Bianca!
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by AzukaO(m): 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2010
Some Nairalanders are very funny people, always looking for any excuse to attack their perceived enemies.

Bianca never said she regretted her marriage to Ojukwu. She actually said that it was her parents' objection that made the union stronger. Since their marriage, there has been no single public scandal like so many beauty queens and celebrities usually ask.

The lady is only saying that any loving parent would not be happy for his/her young daughter to marry someone old enough to be her dad.

For those talking about teenage marriage, Bianca was in her 20's when she married Ojukwu.

Rasaq Okoya, Abubakar Atiku, Jacob Zuma, John McCain, Paul McCartney, etc all married ladies young enough to be their daughters.

Bashers of Ojukwu should pray that their own marriages will last for even 5 years.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by bilymuse: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2010
Bianca father knew Ojukwu was a shameless bald headed coward, who care for nobody except himself, that why he was oppose to the marriage, time has vindicated the old man.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by bilymuse: 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2010
In other part of the country, parents would be falling over one another , to give their daughter , to a man of Ojukwu status. But in the case of Ikemba, reverse was the case. Bianca father does not want Ojukwu type as a grandson. He knew the guy was a fraud.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by maxdi(m): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2010
@bilymuse

Haba wetin now!
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by metalgong5(m): 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

In other part of the country, parents would be falling over one another , to give their daughter , to a man of Ojukwu status. But in the case of Ikemba, reverse was the case. Bianca father does not want Ojukwu type as a grandson. He knew the guy was a fraud.

Billy-mumu, you can open as many threads as you want and keep on debating with yourself.
Ewu-Awusa!! sad
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by Eziachi: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

Bianca father knew Ojukwu was a shameless bald headed coward, who care for nobody except himself,  that why he was oppose to the marriage, time has vindicated the old man.

You seems to know Bianca's father more than Bianca herself to have known all this? I will guess that you probably do not know Bianca's fathers name.
I don't know about yours but it is common in Igbo nation that a father will not welcome any son in-law with an open arm. I will guess that you didn't qet the jist of the english their by Bianca that she will do exactly what her parents did at the inception because that is normal every normal society like in Igboland for every parent to object, if their daughter wants marry someone much older than them.
While in the north and your own nation, it is th parent that force their daughters into such a marraige to become the 20th wife of the big man. That is the difference.

By the way- One man's coward is millions of other people's HERO
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by JProspero: 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

Bianca father knew Ojukwu was a shameless bald headed coward, who care for nobody except himself, that why he was oppose to the marriage, time has vindicated the old man.

Oga, your bad English gives me goose pimples.

Haba! What is all this bitterness? Did Ojukwu father you and run away?
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by JProspero: 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

I tire for this kind bad belle. Some people fit get cardiac arrest for nothing o!
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by tkb417(m): 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2010
EzeUche:

I knew people would use this to attack the great man Ojukwu.

How many of your grandfathers married young women? People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Now do not talk about Ojukwu or Lady Bianca!
and who in hell is Bianca/Ojukwu? why shd our grandfathers be luring teenagers to marriage?

ewu grin grin grin
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by Eziachi: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2010
tkb417:

and who in hell is Bianca/Ojukwu? why shd our grandfathers be luring teenagers to marriage?

ewu grin grin grin

Ojukwu/Bianca is two well balanced adults that fall in love and married each other and the marriage is probably older than you.
Who was the grandfather and who was the teenager? Bianca was already a crowned Miss Nigeria, a graduate and a full matured adult, who makes her own choice of a marriage partner and had stayed in that marriage.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by Eziachi: 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2010
cap28:

yup - she's found out the whole thing was a mistake and now with the benefit of hindsight she wishes she'd listened to good old daddy, daddys do tend to know best seeing as theyre older and wiser and have loads more experience tucked under their belt. 

ive always known Ojukwu was a fraud - look at his track record, the fact he led  3million people to their death needlessly and had the balls to return to revamp his failed political career shuld give you an insight into the kind of deranged megalomaniac he is, god knows what Bianca has been putting up with all these years.

Was it just pure ignorance or that some of you just don’t understand the English language? Where did she say that she regretted marrying her husband in that interview or am I missing something? Why not respond on what you read from the interview, instead of your bias self opinionated readymade rubbish.
She said that she will react exactly how her parents reacted when they knew the age of her suitor as that is normal and conventional reaction of any father in Igbo land in such a scenario. The same way a white couple will react when their daughter brings a black home as future husband, that is normal and the daughter now saying that she will react exactly like her father if in the same situation, but that doesn’t mean that she now hate the fact that she married a black man.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by cap28: 8:27pm On Apr 15, 2010
Eziachi:

Was it just pure ignorance or that some of you just don’t understand the English language? Where did she say that she regretted marrying her husband in that interview or am I missing something? Why not respond on what you read from the interview, instead of your bias self opinionated readymade rubbish.
She said that she will react exactly how her parents reacted when they knew the age of her suitor as that is normal and conventional reaction of any father in Igbo land in such a scenario. The same way a white couple will react when their daughter brings a black home as future husband, that is normal and the daughter now saying that she will react exactly like her father if in the same situation, but that doesn’t mean that she now hate the fact that she married a black man.

when a woman who has been married for over 10 years starts talking about how she now understands why her father opposed the marriage then you know that all is not well in paradise, of course she cant come out openly and say "i wish i had listened to daddy and not married this b******d", but thats really what she is saying indirectly, if she were happy with him, she would not for one second be thinking about her dad's opposition, but its because her eyes are now open to who she truly married and she is full of regrets.  Notice how she talks about her children but not about him in a positive way.

When you look at the fact that Ojukwu was supposed to be the self appointed leader of the igbos during the civil war, came from a wealthy family, was educated at an elite institution, most fathers would be more than happy to give their daughter to such a man, but in this case Onoh had severe reservations and they were for very good reasons, Ojuwkwu had been married before to a woman he treated terrribly and abandoned,  he was also known as someone who chased after married women, the man's character was and im sure still is the pits, coupled with his delusions of grandeur he didnt strike Onoh as the kind of man that would make his daughter happy.

as for that example you gave about how most fathers would be wary of an older man marrying their daughter, no i dont think so,  most fathers would be wary of a young chancer with nothing to offer,  marrying their daughter, an older established man would be looked on as a better prospect in terms of security and maturity.

i dont know how you can equate the way whites dont like giving their daughters to blacks in marriage with the same way most fathers dont like giving their daughters to older men, the reasons whites behave like that is based on blind prejudice and racism and in no  way equates to a father's genuine concern over who his daughter marries.  Besides white families tend to turn a blind eye to the colour of the person's skin whenever the black person is wealthy,  - notice how Cheryl Cole's racist family didnt mind her marrying £80k a week mixed race Ashley!!
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by 006(m): 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
Kennyblues:

I think it will be unfair to say that it was just my father that was opposed. My mother had her reservations also, just that she had a different style of showing it. Mothers being what they are, they would hardly cast their daughter adrift completely no matter the circumstance. They don’t want to come out openly and deny or lambaste you. Mothers always try to nurture. But my father was left with the tag of being the chief opponent of the marriage. My mother had her reservations and to tell you the truth, as a mother I would do the same thing.

Right now I am the proud mother of a 12 year old daughter. Even if she was 25 or 30 and comes to tell me that she wants to marry a man twice her age, I would still refuse. Yes I know your next question, yes I did it but that does not make it the usual pattern. Its not conventional and it can only be handled by somebody who is mature and wise beyond their years. And I tell that I support my father’s action. He did the best thing any parent would do for his child. It would have been disappointing if he gave his support without any form of resistance. Basically he did the right thing. My mother had her reservations too, just that my father's own was more prominent because he was more domineering. But the truth is that it was his resistance that has largely helped to make this marriage successful.

I now understand why many Nigerians can’t pass GRE tests. Folks can’t make good analysis from something that’s straightforward.
How on earth is she regretting? How on earth does this show that the marriage is not working?
I pity you folks shaa, with your myopic views and limited understanding, you’ll end nowhere.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by Eziachi: 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2010
cap28:

when a woman who has been married for over 10 years starts talking about how she now understands why her father opposed the marriage then you know that all is not well in paradise, of course she cant come out openly and say "i wish i had listened to daddy and not married this b******d", but thats really what she is saying indirectly, if she were happy with him, she would not for one second be thinking about her dad's opposition, but its because her eyes are now open to who she truly married and she is full of regrets.  Notice how she talks about her children but not about him in a positive way.

When you look at the fact that Ojukwu was supposed to be the self appointed leader of the igbos during the civil war, came from a wealthy family, was educated at an elite institution, most fathers would be more than happy to give their daughter to such a man, but in this case Onoh had severe reservations and they were for very good reasons, Ojuwkwu had been married before to a woman he treated terrribly and abandoned,  he was also known as someone who chased after married women, the man's character was and im sure still is the pits, coupled with his delusions of grandeur he didnt strike Onoh as the kind of man that would make his daughter happy.

as for that example you gave about how most fathers would be wary of an older man marrying their daughter, no i dont think so,  most fathers would be wary of a young chancer with nothing to offer,  marrying their daughter, an older established man would be looked on as a better prospect in terms of security and maturity.

i dont know how you can equate the way whites dont like giving their daughters to blacks in marriage with the same way most fathers dont like giving their daughters to older men, the reasons whites behave like that is based on blind prejudice and racism and in no  way equates to a father's genuine concern over who his daughter marries.  Besides white families tend to turn a blind eye to the colour of the person's skin whenever the black person is wealthy,  - notice how Cheryl Cole's racist family didnt mind her marrying £80k a week mixed race Ashley!!

Like I said before, go and read the interview again and react only to what you read and what you wanted to think or believe or even your preconceived opinion over Ojukwu as what you are saying has no bearing on what was said in the interview. Nowhere in that interview had she used your word that she “NOW” understands. She said that if she is in the same position as her father was, she will react the same. I hate repeating myself, I feel sorry for any person that call himself your teacher.

It seems you can’t make sense of simple thing you read as you are summarizing something way outside the interview you and I read the transcript.
I used the scenario of a white girl bringing a black man home as a future husband and how the parent will react is quite understandable because of normal cultural norms regarding mixed to most folk, especially the white people.

I knew how the parents of my Scottish wife reacted when I met them in 1972. Horrified! They were. Now my wife will look back and say the same that she will probably reacts the same if place in the same position as her parents in 1972, that doesn’t mean that after 38 years, that my wife is regretting our marriage because she said or my in-laws still feel the same now, having seen how I have looked after their daughter compared to their other daughter married to people of their own colour.

That is what Bianca was saying regarding her husband and the reaction of her parent initially and what has happened now looking back at the time because a big age gap marraige between couple is not very common in Igboland.
Good lord, get some brain!!
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by mamagee3(f): 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2010
iceblue:

two-faced sombodi!
Don't mind all the talk, I bet she married Ojukwu for his Fame and probably a little bit for his wealth. . .
With all the marriages going on between Yaradua's daughters and Governors, I wouldn't be surprised if she accepts the offer and sends her daughter straight away for marriage. . .
Afterall, the money must flow. grin
"I won't allow my daughter Do What I did with Ojukwu" my foot!
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by bilymuse: 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2010
"Ojukwu's recent presence in the Washington DC area did not inspire much enthusiasm within the Igbo community. The Igbo's earlier perception of him was shaped through the distorted prisms of the Biafran propaganda. The Biafran propaganda apotheosized him, so, in the Igbo minds, he became something of a deity, an invaluable political asset. But, over the years, he proved himself a political profligate, improvidently spending his political capital. His repeated political blunders, especially, that his infamous waltz with Sani Abacha demystified and stripped him of much of his political legitimacy. It left him devoid of any political good will, except for the lingering grip of the Biafran propaganda on some Igbo minds".

-Tochukwu Ezukanma
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by sjeezy8: 12:17am On Apr 16, 2010
@Bianca dnt worry baby im not that much olde ta your daughter only about 10 years apat wen shes 18 hr biafran yansh is mine. ll

igbo kwenu im even learning igbo see:
"Okwa e mana egwu ka eji amara nde nwere ego ayyyyy!"
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by Eziachi: 12:26am On Apr 16, 2010
bilymuse:

"Ojukwu's recent presence in the Washington DC area did not inspire much enthusiasm within the Igbo community. The Igbo's earlier perception of him was shaped through the distorted prisms of the Biafran propaganda. The Biafran propaganda apotheosized him, so, in the Igbo minds, he became something of a deity, an invaluable political asset. But, over the years, he proved himself a political profligate, improvidently spending his political capital. His repeated political blunders, especially, that his infamous waltz with Sani Abacha demystified and stripped him of much of his political legitimacy. It left him devoid of any political good will, except for the lingering grip of the Biafran propaganda on some Igbo minds".

-Tochukwu Ezukanma

Are we still talking about Bianca's interview or something else. 35 million Igbos must be zombie morons in your estimation. You tell them my son!!
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by henry101(m): 12:29am On Apr 16, 2010
mama-gee:

Don't mind all the talk, I bet she married Ojukwu for his Fame and probably a little bit for his wealth. . .
With all the marriages going on between Yaradua's daughters and Governors, I wouldn't be surprised if she accepts the offer and sends her daughter straight away for marriage. . .
Afterall, the money must flow. grin
"I won't allow my daughter Do What I did with Ojukwu" my foot!

I think U r always high on some cheap drugs when u come 2 NL.
Do u know Bianca was ur miss Nigeria probably wen she was ur age and her father was a former governor?
U dont just come here and blab rubbish.
What wealth has Ojukwu got that is lacking in Bianca's dad's house?
U r just a drunk and happy teen.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by AzukaO(m): 11:29am On Apr 16, 2010
The first time I went to Ojukwu's house and saw him feeding and playing with his and Bianca's kids, I was somewhat embarrassed that this IRON-MAN could be doing such menial and unbecoming things. He was doting over his kids and wife and behaving like a teenager in love for the first time.

But looking back, I saw that that is why young ladies usually prefer older men to young men, because older men over-pamper their young wives and children begotten at old age the way grandpas/grandmas 'spoil' their grandchildren, unlike young men who usually go into marriage with over-sized ego and lick their wounds soon after.

Just look at the rate our celebrity marriages are crashing in Nigeria and thank God that Ojukwu and Bianca have been together this far.
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by webmanlag: 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2011
There is absolutely no need for this thread, OP. Femi Kuti released a track in 1986 or thereabouts with a reference
to the subject matter, it was called MYOB (Mind Your Own Business).
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by webmanlag: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2011
bilymuse:

-Tochukwu Ezukanma

Do you recollect the last time Igbos ventured to close all markets for 7 days? you are entitled to your opinion but please do not attempt to distort history. Who did not waltz with Abacha? the whole country was held captive by the man!
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by nwakaibeya1: 12:48am On May 28, 2015
from time of human creation humanbeigns has been more of chameleon than human she remains those we call night people and how would they change?those that God saw and said i regret creating humanbeings?never will it be that they will change from beign follow my speach and do not follow my character but judgement has finally come butwho will beleive the revelation as it says it will never come the way humanbeigns expect it to come
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter Do What I Did With Ojukwu - Bianca by chamboy(m): 1:24am On May 28, 2015
Ffk d boss

(1) (Reply)

North, South West, Nigeria’s Major Problem —musa / Executive And Legislative Standoff Slows Governance - President Buhari Says / Nigeria’s Public Debt Grows By 12.25%, Hits N24.387tn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.