Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Sanchez Joined Manchester United For Money – Wenger - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sanchez Joined Manchester United For Money – Wenger (534 Views)

Idah Peterside: I Slept With Virgins For Money Ritual, Had Meetings With Snakes / Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea / Real Madrid Player Gareth Bale Could Move To Manchester United For €150 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sanchez Joined Manchester United For Money – Wenger by Sportxclusive: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2018
Alexis Sanchez will complete his move from Arsenal to Old Trafford today in a swap deal that will see Henrikh Mkhitaryan move the opposite direction. However Arsene Wenger believes Sanchez move was motivated by money.

READ – MAURICIO POCHETTINO REFUSES TO USE ILLNESS AS AN EXCUSE FOR SOUTHAMPTON DRAW
The Chilean will become the highest paid footballer in the premier league as reports in England have said Sanchez could earn as much as £450,000 a week at United as part of a salary package.

Manchester City refused to match the figures and therefore pulled out of the race despite their long-standing interest in the player.

Wenger said: “I cannot understand anybody wanting to leave Arsenal. But in 30 years of doing transfers you learn a lot about human beings.

Related image

“As a professional, it was perhaps his last contract at the top level and an important contract. After that, I accept that because we accepted that we would let him go. After that, we analyse the pros and the cons.

“We did what we tried to do and went as far as we could. Even Manchester City moved out of it in the end. That tells you we had no chance to give him a contract.”

“We have tried to find the best possible solution and the best possible solution is that we lose a world class player – I don’t deny that at all – but we did not lose him without getting somebody after. The future will tell if it was the right decision or not.

ALSO READ – MULLER SCORES HIS 100TH BUNDESLIGA GOAL AS BAYERN MUNICH OUTCLASS WERDER BREMEN
“It is not that we are only losing a player, we are gaining a player as well. And we are still active in the transfer market and trying to bring players in.”

Wenger also admitted the uncertainty over Sanchez’s future has taken its toll on the rest of the squad this season.

Image result wey dey for sanchez with arsenal mates

“There are periods when the atmosphere is less enjoyable than others,” he said. “It is the lack of clarity. It is not losing players – teams are used to losing players. But it is the fact that you have uncertainty in the group – that they don’t know if he will be here or not.

RELATED – AUBAMEYANG POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT FOR SANCHEZ AS STRIKER HANDS IN TRANSFER REQUEST
“Once it is clear, the team gets used to it.”

Arsenal are set to complete a deal for Henrik Mkhitaryan to join from Manchester United with Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang set to follow.

Image result wey dey for lacazette arsenal

It does raise major question marks about Alexandre Lacazette’s future because of the arrival of Aubameyang who is another out and out striker.

But Wenger insists that he has a simple solution – to play them all.

“How do I fit them in?”asked Wenger. “I just play the good players. They can always play together. Today all the players we had on the pitch were attacking players. Iwobi, Ozil, Wilshere, Lacazette, Xhaka – they are all offensive players.”

Then when pressed on Aubameyang, Wenger added: “We are not as far as having to think about that. You create that problem at the moment!
http://sportxclusive.com/2018/01/22/sanchez-joined-manchester-united-money-wenger/

(1) (Reply)

Mo Salah Becomes First African Player To Score 30 Goals In A Season / Klopp: We Are Not Barcelona / Mohamed Salah Is Like Messi, Says Brazil Great Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.