Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Morgan Freeman Receives ‘life Achievement Award’ At The 2018 SAG Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Morgan Freeman Receives ‘life Achievement Award’ At The 2018 SAG Awards (390 Views)

AFRIFF: Olu Jacobs Wins Life Time Achievement Award (Photos) / Photos Of SAG Awards 2020 Red Carpet Fashion / Internet Compares The 2018 Most Beautiful Girl In The World With The 2019's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morgan Freeman Receives ‘life Achievement Award’ At The 2018 SAG Awards by haryodj: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2018
The legendary actor, also fittingly known as ‘The Voice of God,’ has received a well-deserved honor at the SAG Awards! Morgan Freeman took the prestigious Life Achievement Award!

What made it even more notable was the fact that Rita Moreno, to whom he presented the same honor five years ago, was the one to announce his award this time around.

The two are even great friends, and this became very apparent through Freeman’s acceptance speech.

‘You have no idea how long I’ve had to put up with that,’ the 80-year-old actor told the audience jokingly after Moreno made fun of the hat he was wearing.

‘These moments in one’s life call for an entire litany of thank yous usually. I cannot do that because I do not know all of your names, so I will not try. I do have to thank SAG-AFTRA for this big honor.’

He then went on to mention his business partner, family, and Rita, his other half.

‘This is beyond an honor. It’s a place in history.’

He even mentioned the Time’s Up movement by pointing out that his statue, ‘works from the back. From the front, it is gender specific. Maybe I started something.’

As fans may remember, this is not the first SAG Award the man won.

Back in 2005, he got one for his role in Million Dollar Baby.

He and the rest of the cast were also nominated that same year.

Later on, in 2010 he received the same honor for the film Invictus and before those two instances, in 1995 for The Shawshank Redemption.

During his successful acting career, that interestingly enough started when he was already 50, he was also awarded two Golden Globes and one Oscar.

http://www.nancygist.com/2018/01/morgan-freeman-receives-life.html?m=1

Re: Morgan Freeman Receives ‘life Achievement Award’ At The 2018 SAG Awards by LessNoise: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2018
This man is an ICON

(1) (Reply)

Davido Shows Off Wads Of Dollars And His Multiple Luxury Wristwatches / Davido's Flora My Flawa: An Anti Climax - Fans React / Saraki Invites Comedian Emanuella To Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.