Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

Burkina Faso Qualification For Quarterfinal Hangs By A Thread - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Burkina Faso Qualification For Quarterfinal Hangs By A Thread (343 Views)

Burkina Faso Vs Tunisia : AFCON 2021 Quarter-final (1 - 0) On 29th January 2022 / Falconets Player Say They Are Ready For Quarterfinal Clash Against Spain / Aftermath Of Super Eagles World Cup Qualification: 10 Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Burkina Faso Qualification For Quarterfinal Hangs By A Thread by aipsafrica: 10:56am On Jan 22, 2018
By Owolabi Abiola

Burkina Faso will face Cameroon in their final Group D match on Wednesday night which is scheduled for Stade ibn Batouta in Tangiers, kick-off at 21h00 CAT with the hope of slipping into the quarterfinals of the 2018 African Nations Championship.

The Stallions are currently placed third on the table with just one point from their opening two matches, having held Angola 0-0 before suffering a 2-0 loss to Congo over the weekend.
To have any hope of reaching the next round, the Burkinabe must defeat Cameroon and anticipate that Angola lose to Congo in the other Group D match which will be played simultaneously in Agadir.

This would see them tie points (4points), head-to-heads with the Sable Antelopes, leaving it up to goal difference as the tie-breaker.“I’m proud of my players, they played better than in the first game. They made a big first half,” said Burkina Faso coach Idrissa Traore in the wake of the weekend loss to Congo.He added, “I do not regret anything, this group has a future both collectively and individually. We are on a mission and we will fight until the end of the competition.”

At least the Stallions still have a chance in the competition, something Cameroon have been shorn of following back-to-back losses. Coach Rigobert Song was left disappointed by their elimination.“We made some mistakes during the match and that’s normal because the players are still learning,” Song said after their weekend defeat to Angola.

“I am happy with the performance of the players who have given their maximum.

“I will continue to work with them to make progress. On the other hand, I am disappointed by the cruel end.

“We’re eliminated from the tournament and it’s a huge disappointment.”

Read more ; http://aipsafrica.com/2018/01/22/burkina-faso-qualification-for-quarterfinal-hangs-by-a-thread/

(1) (Reply)

Chan 2018: Sudan 0-0 Morocco – As It Happened / Barca Publish Second January Departure / Rohr ‘impatient And Excited’ Ahead Russia 2018, Eager To Impress With Super Eagl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.