Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

This Is The Reason Why Fulani Herdsmen Set Farms Ablaze - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Is The Reason Why Fulani Herdsmen Set Farms Ablaze (389 Views)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Set Ondo Community Ablaze, Kill Three Persons / Why Fulani Herdsmen killed Over 86 People In Plateau – Miyetti Allah / Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Reason Why Fulani Herdsmen Set Farms Ablaze by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
Chief Olu Falae, the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Sunday reveal why arsonists Fulani herdsmen burnt his farmland at Imafon in Akure South Local government area of Ondo state. This could be the same reason why 500 hectares of farmland belonging to a retired Chief of Naval was set ablaze.

Chief Olu Falae said that Fulani herdsmen delibrately set farms on fire annually so as to let fresh grass come up for their cattle to feed on.

“They burnt the farm so that in the next few days, fresh grass will spring up which their cattle will later feed on. This is what the Fulani herdsmen do every year. The oil palm plantation was affected as well as some parts of the yam and cassava plantations”

“As I speak to you, the farm is burning. I had to call the commissioner of police, Gbenga Adeyanju who detailed the Akure Area Commander to go with my Personal Assistant and Farm Manager to the farm.” Falae said.

Chief Olu Falae also said Federal Government’s bid to establish cattle colonies would not be allowed in the South west.

” This is not about politics but the future of our people. We will resist any attempt to introduce any cattle colonies”

I too do not even support the building of cow colonies anywhere in Nigeria, since when did cow lives matter in Nigeria except in terms of meat. Read how to stop this Fulani herdsmen and get them out of business.

You have to read from the source to get more information - https://www.the1960post.com/2018/01/this-is-reason-why-fulani-herdsmen-set.html

(1) (Reply)

Customs Officials Seize 2,200 Fuel Ladened Jerry Cans Smuggled Into The Country / Photo/video: Bauchi State Police Uncovers Tricks Used By Criminals To Defraud / $1.3b NNPC Cash: I Acted On Jonathan's Instructions: Diezani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.