Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) (24906 Views)

Moment A Parked All-electric Tesla Model S Car Exploded In A Garage / Could This Be The First Lamborghini Urus In Nigeria? (photo) / Tesla Model S Becomes The World's Fastest Bulletproof Car! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Structuralman: 7:25am On Jan 26, 2018
Op, pls like how much will that car go for approximately.

@Autojosh
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by happydays1(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2018
thegame:

Please how will he charge this? Let me just ask now grin
anybody that can afford this kind of car should be able to build a solar system to charge it. charging it with solar wouldn't be a problem.
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by veli1(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2018
I No Undastand Hw Ur Joy Cannot Be Contained, Na Ur Car?

1 Like

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by mmsen: 7:28am On Jan 26, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
The end of the seven sisters is in sight. Glory be to God

What does god have to do with any of this?

Why are you not giving 'glory' to the people who made this product possible?
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by ice4u999(m): 7:30am On Jan 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Nothing like fuel scarcity.... But fuel/diesel still required to power gen........

Generator might end up damaging the charging kit
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by SalamRushdie: 7:30am On Jan 26, 2018
greenhulk:

Not talking 110v. 3 hours wont charge this thing. When connected to 240v power it will charge at the range of 31 miles per hour which is around 9-10 hours for a full charge on the S 100D

You are right for base charging but if this model S comes with super charging upgrade it would take just one hour to fill up a with a super charger
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by horlus(m): 7:33am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

You can't charge them using the regular home-made electrical output else, you damage the programming. You need special charging stations for these vehicles, bro. which are ONLY available here in the U.S and NOT in any other place in the world which is why they've not gone abroad yet. undecided

I'm sure the owner knows all this and has factored that into his buying plans.
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Kobicove(m): 7:34am On Jan 26, 2018
greenhulk:
Let me book space before some people will come and ask how he's going to charge it. Then I will make my comment.

Please tell us how he charges it grin
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by bily(m): 7:34am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

You can't charge them using the regular home-made electrical output else, you damage the programming. You need special charging stations for these vehicles, bro. which are ONLY available here in the U.S and NOT in any other place in the world which is why they've not gone abroad yet. undecided

You can actually charge them with electricity from your house hold sockets, you only need the right cable meant for the purpose.

5 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Follygunners: 7:37am On Jan 26, 2018
horlus:

I'm sure the owner knows all this and has factored that into his buying plans.

I beg to differ if the owner knows better in this regard... after all him be 9ja. It's all abt the show-boating, short-term goals and strat. undecided
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2018
Once the charging cable is modified to 220 volts in Nigeria against 110 volts in US, then the dude is good to go.

Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by DMathematical: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2018
That's NOT True: The largest Tesla charging stations are not even in the US. Do your research.

Follygunners:

5 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Follygunners: 7:46am On Jan 26, 2018
DMathematical:
That's NOT True: The largest Tesla charging stations are not even in the US. Do your research.

The ONLY operating ones are in the U.S. The ones they're building in Australia isn't a charging station but, a battery/cell production factory. Go figure..
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by doe: 7:49am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:
Foolish black mentality/folks! All in the guise of show-boating... I wonder if he'll have to ship it back to California for maintenance and repairs.. grin. There's a reason why it's ONLY for the U.S market (at least for now). Not even in Europe, Asia or South Africa where Elon Musk (Tesla founder & CEO) is originally from.

You don’t know what you are talking about!
Tesla models are all over Europe and Asia with showrooms. Only the mass produced model 3 that is not yet available outside the US.

4 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by nathanccr(m): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2018
lilkech:

you’re having orgasmic joy on top another persons car which you just saw shocked

Na wao undecided
So, he should be sad abi? Na bad belle dey worry you.
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Follygunners: 7:55am On Jan 26, 2018
doe:

You don’t know what you are talking about!
Tesla models are all over Europe and Asia with showrooms. Only the mass produced model 3 that is not yet available outside the US.

No comment.. Keep talking BS!
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Pee01: 7:59am On Jan 26, 2018
when this car is actually sold globally, oil price will definitely be in poo. I pity for oil producing nations.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by danthamccoy(m): 8:00am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

So you're saying dude sends his car over to the US to be charged? You don't think this is unlikely? Isn't it more likely to assume he's found a way to charge it over here?

1 Like

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by babaniyen1(m): 8:07am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:
Foolish black mentality/folks! All in the guise of show-boating... I wonder if he'll have to ship it back to California for maintenance and repairs.. grin. There's a reason why it's ONLY for the U.S market (at least for now). Not even in Europe, Asia or South Africa where Elon Musk (Tesla founder & CEO) is originally from.

You don't know what you are saying. I saw a few I'm China. Stop saying rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Follygunners: 8:07am On Jan 26, 2018
danthamccoy:

So you're saying dude sends his car over to the US to be charged? You don't think this is unlikely? Isn't it more likely to assume he's found a way to charge it over here?

Your guess is as good as mine. The only way is probably for him to improvise a devised strategy which could end up having a negative impact on the mother board and other computer programs in the vehicle. It's highly sophisticated and requires adequate and thorough maintenance only by Tesla.
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by horlus(m): 8:07am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

I beg to differ if the owner knows better in this regard... after all him be 9ja. It's all abt the show-boating, short-term goals and strat. undecided

But you know this is just assumptions by you because you don't know the owner directly. What if he works for testla overseas? What I'm saying is this person that bought a testla might not be as ignorant as that post was making him look. He knows he ought to charge the car and I'm sure he has made provisions to do so while buying the vehicle. Worst case scenario is that the car dealership who sold to him would enlighten him on the way forward.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Follygunners: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2018
babaniyen1:

You don't know what you are saying. I saw a few I'm China. Stop saying rubbish

China? You probably meant the boot-leg version. undecided Anyway, I'm done arguing over this nonsense. Get informed, Boss!
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Follygunners: 8:11am On Jan 26, 2018
horlus:

But you know this is just assumptions by you because you don't know the owner directly. What if he works for testla overseas? What I'm saying is this person that bought a testla might not be as ignorant as that post was making him look. He knows he ought to charge the car and I'm sure he has made provisions to do so while buying the vehicle. Worst case scenario is that the car dealership who sold to him would enlighten him on the way forward.

You're very correct. I guess as much but, trust me the cost of adequate maintenance and 'juicing' (recharging) would be nothing <75% mark-up of the regular cost.
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Lexusgs430: 8:18am On Jan 26, 2018
ice4u999:

Generator might end up damaging the charging kit

Gbese........
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by DMathematical: 8:20am On Jan 26, 2018
Lollz only a simple google search will clear your doubt: "largest tesla charging station in the world" . . . They are actually in Shangai, China.

Follygunners:

The ONLY operating ones are in the U.S. The ones they're building in Australia isn't a charging station but, a battery/cell production factory. Go figure..
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Follygunners: 8:25am On Jan 26, 2018
DMathematical:
Lollz only a simple google search will clear your doubt: "largest tesla charging station in the world" . . . They are actually in Shangai, China.

True... you're correct. I was mistaking the 'super-chargers' and ordinary charging stations. They global market is still pretty young, I guess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by horlus(m): 8:25am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

You're very correct. I guess as much but, trust me the cost of adequate maintenance and 'juicing' (recharging) would be nothing <75% mark-up of the regular cost.

I know but the reality of our country is this car could have been bought by someone who had a room full of dollars and does not care about this expenses. It's nigeria bro
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

He can very well charge it at home if he so wishes to because Tesla has what is called a Tesla Universal Mobile connector that can work based on the electrical rating for your country.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

No comment.. Keep talking BS!
doe was actually right you know...
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Futureberry: 8:43am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

liar...there are teslas in China,Norway and most countries in Europe

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by magicminister: 8:47am On Jan 26, 2018
Looool... are you talking bout this?

Magicminister

5 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by makizee(m): 8:50am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

Oga, he is right and you're wrong...Tesla has even more charging stations outside the US than in the US, a simple google search would clear this up...Tesla is sold worldwide in coutries with the right infrastructure, which is why African countries don't have any Tesla dealership

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Air Suspension Problem Solved Permanently / With N3.6million, This Chinese Automaker Will Build You This 3-D Car In 3 Days / The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.