Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

International Shipping Experience. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Shipping Experience. (733 Views)

The Best International Shipping Company In Nigeria / International Shipping & Logistics | Product Procurement | Usa - Nigeria / Please Business Vendors, How Do You Handle International Shipping For Your Custo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Shipping Experience. by dovetark: 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2018
I am currently looking at options of getting some products from amazon down to Nigeria as they aren't available locally. From your experience, please help answer this concerns;

1. Which international platform have you used in purchasing product's you required in the past? amazon, ebay, alibaba etc... Please state.
2. What has the success rate been in terms of what you saw online and what you actually got?
3. For merchants that don't ship directly to Nigeria, how did you go about it?
4. How long did it take?
5. What was the cost of shipping related to quantity?
6. How did you go about payment?
7. What was your general experience?
8. Freely comment and advice...

Thanks and God bless.
Re: International Shipping Experience. by dovetark: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2018
@lalasticlala, please can you help push this to the front page, I need answers from experienced people in the house.
Re: International Shipping Experience. by inspirational93: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
dovetark:
I am currently looking at options of getting some products from amazon down to Nigeria as they aren't available locally. From your experience, please help answer this concerns;

1. Which international platform have you used in purchasing product's you required in the past? amazon, ebay, alibaba etc... Please state.
2. What has the success rate been in terms of what you saw online and what you actually got?
3. For merchants that don't ship directly to Nigeria, how did you go about it?
4. How long did it take?
5. What was the cost of shipping related to quantity?
6. How did you go about payment?
7. What was your general experience?
8. Freely comment and advice...

Thanks and God bless.
Have you heard this? Many Nigerian exporters have been defrauded of huge amount of money in the process of exporting commodities to foreign countries. Do you know why? They were not trained on export operations, management, documentations and the best methods of payment in export trade. This is terrible!!! Nigerians cannot continue to lose money to foreigners in the course of export business. Exporters, why don’t you get a practical manual that teaches the stages of export trade from processing and packaging of commodities to receipt of payment by the foreign buyers. It teaches export operations, export management, export documentations and methods of payment in export trade? It is a contemporary step-by-step guide to export trade. It tells all the contemporary dynamics in export trade. To get it, click on the link below:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2016/02/contemporary-step-by-step-guide-to.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Shipping Experience. by dovetark: 3:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
inspirational93:

Have you heard this? Many Nigerian exporters have been defrauded of huge amount of money in the process of exporting commodities to foreign countries. Do you know why? They were not trained on export operations, management, documentations and the best methods of payment in export trade. This is terrible!!! Nigerians cannot continue to lose money to foreigners in the course of export business. Exporters, why don’t you get a practical manual that teaches the stages of export trade from processing and packaging of commodities to receipt of payment by the foreign buyers. It teaches export operations, export management, export documentations and methods of payment in export trade? It is a contemporary step-by-step guide to export trade. It tells all the contemporary dynamics in export trade. To get it, click on the link below:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2016/02/contemporary-step-by-step-guide-to.html

Thanks, I will get there... What I need at the moment is a solution to my current challenge.
Re: International Shipping Experience. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2018
Shoptomydoor or get any legit us drop companies offering drop address in US which they will later ship your product to your country of choice.
This companies gives you personal address you use to order product which will ship to there company in US and later ship it back to Nigeria for some cost maybe 15-50$
Re: International Shipping Experience. by dovetark: 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2018
fidalgo19:
Shoptomydoor or get any legit us drop companies offering drop address in US which they will later ship your product to your country of choice.
This companies gives you personal address you use to order product which will ship to there company in US and later ship it back to Nigeria for some cost maybe 15-50$

Thanks, have you used shoptomydoor before? or do you have referrals for any of the other legit companies. I just have this little cash to play with for this business and I am avoiding being scammed. So your contributions will go a long way. Thank you so much again.
Re: International Shipping Experience. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2018
dovetark:

Thanks, have you used shoptomydoor before? or do you have referrals for any of the other legit companies. I just have this little cash to play with for this business and I am avoiding being scammed. So your contributions will go a long way. Thank you so much again.
It's advisable you don't use shoptomydoor
Re: International Shipping Experience. by dovetark: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2018
fidalgo19:

It's advisable you don't use shoptomydoor

Are you saying you are advising me not to use shoptomydoor
Re: International Shipping Experience. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2018
dovetark:

Are you saying you are advising me not to use shoptomydoor

Yes, they charge high to ship a product a for you and it takes them months to deliver a package.
Take a good research on google and also search for comments about companies offering drop services and there customer feedback, there are much into this business.
Re: International Shipping Experience. by dovetark: 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
fidalgo19:

Yes, they charge high to ship a product a for you and it takes them months to deliver a package.
Take a good research on google and also search for comments about companies offering drop services and there customer feedback, there are much into this business.

Thanks.
Re: International Shipping Experience. by inspirational93: 3:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
dovetark:

Thanks, I will get there... What I need at the moment is a solution to my current challenge.
What are your challenges.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Set Up A Suya & Shawarma Spot On A Budget Of 300k? / The Richest Man In Africa Builds $3.5 Million Business School In Nigeria / Can You Marry A Freelancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.