Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

"Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN (21544 Views)

Buratai: Service Chiefs Have Not Disappointed Nigerians/Buhari / 25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Osinbajo And INEC Today / Buhari Has Not Disappointed — Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by michoim(m): 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
You see now. ..
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by omonnakoda: 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2018
greiboy:
Here is another report and interview in the same month, where he said Buhari is not doing enough

Knock yourself out

http://africanarguments.org/2017/09/28/an-interview-with-olusegun-obasanjo-up-close-and-a-little-too-personal/
Like I said there is no contradiction between that and his letter except for those who don'd understand the nuances of diplomacy and politics

anything like "but" "can do better" "room for improvement" "not yet there" is code for the wise and discerning
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
omonnakoda:

Like I said there is no contradiction between that and his letter except for those who don'd understand the nuances of diplomacy and policy

anything like "but" "can do better" "room for improvement" "not yet there" is code for the wise and discerning
Exactly, obj is a politician who understands the art of diplomacy
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
NgeneUkwenu:
Only a political idiotu doesn't know, Obasanjo is angry because he has been sidelined...

3rd Force Ko, IPOB Yoot Ni!

Sai Baba Till 2019.....After which Osinbajo and Elrufai takes over in 2023....

In the last two days you seems to be active than in the last 4 months. What happened ?

Why the panic attacks ?
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by datribune: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Obasanjo Will be demystified in 2019 grin grin

Yes o, you don't hav to be a seer to know dat It's not looking good for d garrulous nuisance & cultist frm Ota. Have you heard of his role in d Halliburton scam?. OBJ will be demystified in 2019.
d man who hijacked d PDP & turned it into a conduit pipe of corruption thereby rubbishing d lofty dreams of its founding fathers now wants us to see him as a messiah.
d crook who sold off our national assets to himself & his cronies in d name of a dubious privatisation programme is now claiming to be champion of anti-corruption.
A man who attempted to get a third term by amending d Nigerian constitution is now d person dictating who should & should not contest in 2019.
d chicken is finally coming home to roost for d fantastically corrupt Ota farmer. Ajekun iya ni o je.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Fawklicant: 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Only a political idiotu doesn't know, Obasanjo is angry because he has been sidelined...

This your dream is in 3D. It's virtual.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by jaxxy(m): 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Obasanjo Will be demystified in 2019 grin grin

U can not demystify a man speaking the cold and honest truth. Awhole lot has happened, changed and time and patience exhausted since 4months ago till now. The truth can not be altered it will remain the truth.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Exponental(m): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
Four months is too much to disappoint!
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by AbuEzeFemi(m): 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
odutolasodiq:
Published on September 15, 2017 By Chijioke Jannah

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has praised President Muhammadu Buhari for his achievements in office within the past two years.

According to him, there was need to encourage Buhari to do more for the Nigerian people.

He said this on Thursday when he appeared on CNN’s global affairs interview programme hosted by Chief International Correspondent, Christiane Amanpour.

“President Buhari has not disappointed me. Yes, he is fighting corruption, he is fighting insurgency.

“We are not there yet and it is not a one night wonder. With what he has done, we should credit him and encourage him to do more,” Obasanjo told Amanpour when asked if the state of ‎Buhari’s health and Nigeria’s economy worries him.

On the challenges facing the African continent, he said there was need to change from the status quo.

He said: “There are many challenges. How do we feed our population that is supposed to double in about a generation from now? How do we provide jobs for them and employment?

“Now, these are the challenges. It cannot be business as usual. We cannot sit in the cool and comfort of our past and think that we will be able to bring about change. Change has to come.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/15/buhari-impressed-obasanjo/#.WmhyS9OFsEk.twitter

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by wingmanII: 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

And only a total fool will dispute what OBj has written.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
4 months ago I was also in denial that this government was the next best thing after gala and lacasera....but nwanna my eyes yaf clear and so has the eyes of many true Patriots!
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Shortyy(f): 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
taurusmena1:
I will not be surprise to discover you are below 40yrs of age.bottom line is you are a youth who can hardly think for himself.what's the difference between 4months ago,2yrs down the drain and the present?when will most of us wake up to the glaring truth that OBJ and his likes where spoon fed and offered everything on a platter of gold and by so doing,they are spoiled rotten and have nothing to offer this nation but to continue looting our collective national cake.he is in no position to tell us who to lead this nation. If we can't contest,we should at least not vote "MEDIOCRES" or clap for them when they spew the obvious from their mouths
Wetin this wan dey yan?
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
clefstone:
When the cookie finally crumbles

Ngeneukwenu may be the most difficult zombie to cure. Her zombie index is so high that the dose of anti-zombie serum required to cure her is scientifically implausible to obtain

Is SHE a HE or BOTH (as in haemophrodite)?
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by clefstone(m): 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
jusRadical:

Is SHE a HE or BOTH (as in haemophrodite)?
most likely a HE but profile reads 'f' so I hv no option but to refer to her as a female zombie(undead)
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by taurusmena1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
Who get ear and sound reasoning faculty go understand wetin I yan
Shortyy:

Wetin this wan dey yan?
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by BiggyBamBam: 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
Out of respect, OBJ does not want to wash our dirty linen in public unlike GMB, who went overseas to say Nigerians are corrupt
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2018
odutolasodiq:
Published on September 15, 2017 By Chijioke Jannah

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has praised President Muhammadu Buhari for his achievements in office within the past two years.

According to him, there was need to encourage Buhari to do more for the Nigerian people.

He said this on Thursday when he appeared on CNN’s global affairs interview programme hosted by Chief International Correspondent, Christiane Amanpour.

“President Buhari has not disappointed me. Yes, he is fighting corruption, he is fighting insurgency.

“We are not there yet and it is not a one night wonder. With what he has done, we should credit him and encourage him to do more,” Obasanjo told Amanpour when asked if the state of ‎Buhari’s health and Nigeria’s economy worries him.

On the challenges facing the African continent, he said there was need to change from the status quo.

He said: “There are many challenges. How do we feed our population that is supposed to double in about a generation from now? How do we provide jobs for them and employment?

“Now, these are the challenges. It cannot be business as usual. We cannot sit in the cool and comfort of our past and think that we will be able to bring about change. Change has to come.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/15/buhari-impressed-obasanjo/#.WmhyS9OFsEk.twitter

And OBJ has said the opposite.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by dayowunmi(m): 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
120 days is enough time to be disappointed in someone. 4 months is a whole semester in school, a lot could have transpired between then and now. Moreover, except if u are an APC paid agent. Who can honestly boast of satisfaction with this APC government?
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by dayowunmi(m): 11:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
Africans! They will never attend to facts and issues raised! They will only attack personalities! The man raised pertinent issues but trust Nigerians to ignore the issues and rather face the tissues!
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by gbishman: 3:14am On Jan 25, 2018
This man called 'Obasanjo' has never been a leader whose words you could take to heart, the old man craves for the spotlight like an upcoming model or actress does.
The condescending levels he attains just to achieve this feat is unimaginable.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by gaskiyamagana: 3:31am On Jan 25, 2018
tuniski:

Those are political statements of that time and setting. Now the stark reality of irredeemable failure called buhari/apc!
Countdown to return to Daura is in full swing. By the way, helipad is in daura as the only project of buhari to provide landing base.
You made more noise in 2015, no impact. After PMB retain Presidency in 2019, the wailing continues for the impatience.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by ContentedK: 3:42am On Jan 25, 2018
Sometimes when we talk about the backstabbing nature and the level of hypocrisy in them vultures,people don't get to understand... it's quite alarming anyway. Pls nobody should gimmie poo talk that he spoke cos the recent happenings, where was he during agatu killings, massacre of ipob in south east, loss of jobs due to bad economic policies, etc... truth is, the dullard has always been synonymous with failure that's why southeastern states never voted for him and will never vote for failure... Obasanjo keep deceiving your old self.....
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by jamesbalogun: 4:25am On Jan 25, 2018
He probably was giving him time to ve sense
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by foxvilles: 7:37am On Jan 25, 2018
Most people don't know tis before criticizing. All you people do is criticize every message without trying to ingest and understand the reason why some things happen.

I'm not suuporting OBJ but no one goes outside to discredit his leader especially in a foreign center stage.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by tuniski: 9:46am On Jan 25, 2018
gaskiyamagana:

You made more noise in 2015, no impact. After PMB retain Presidency in 2019, the wailing continues for the impatience.
You are only interested in being right abi? So as buhari became president he epp you?
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by eodavids(m): 10:14am On Jan 25, 2018
clefstone:
When the cookie finally crumbles

Ngeneukwenu may be the most difficult zombie to cure. Her zombie index is so high that the dose of anti-zombie serum required to cure her is scientifically implausible to obtain

grin grin grin
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by reality1010: 10:26am On Jan 25, 2018
tuniski:

Those are political statements of that time and setting. Now the stark reality of irredeemable failure called buhari/apc!
Countdown to return to Daura is in full swing. By the way, helipad is in daura as the only project of buhari to provide landing base.
What s political statement? If Obasanjo can make statement four months ago and turn around to make another statement then it is still political statement.Obasanjo is only predicting d score of a football match that ended 48hrs ago.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Assigns Portfolio To 31 Ministers! / Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Balogun Market After Fire Incident (Photos) / Photo: Osun Celebrates Buhari’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.