Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,817 members, 7,862,709 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ (28552 Views)

Nigerians To Pay N5 Per Channel, As TSTV Relaunches Services / BBNaija: Erica Loses N1.8 Million After Disqualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:50am On Jan 25, 2018
ceejay80s:
subscribers ,na una go pay that money....
thank God i no get dstv

ONLY A FOOL WILL PITY SOUTH AFRICANS AFTER WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO WE NIGERIANS IN THEIR COUNTRY
You've said it all bro
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by neonly: 8:51am On Jan 25, 2018
[quote author=unitysheart post=64494481]Where's TSTV? [/quote
I don't know oooo
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by iammarvellux(m): 8:52am On Jan 25, 2018
MCSN

will be like...

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by MrMakaveli20(m): 8:54am On Jan 25, 2018
The masses will end up paying for this, Just the way Mtn ended up increasing tariff for data and calls. expect a hike in your Dstv and Gotv bills
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by otokx(m): 8:54am On Jan 25, 2018
They will appeal.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Meajor(m): 8:57am On Jan 25, 2018
lilfreezy:

You do know that Nigerians work there and not south Africans. Saying it should crash is a terrible thing to say
bros.. If to say TSTV was allowed... Dey no use nonsense monopoly issues... Kill our all Nigerian brand.... Employment for increase... Na so dem kill HITV just so that dem go fit dey run alone.... Na God go punish dem....
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by aku626(m): 8:57am On Jan 25, 2018
How would this affect Nigerians?
Increase in DSTV dues coming soon
Staffs might be laid off. First of the secretary or lawyer if employed has lost his job.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by lilfreezy: 9:01am On Jan 25, 2018
Meajor:
bros.. If to say TSTV was allowed... Dey no use nonsense monopoly issues... Kill our all Nigerian brand.... Employment for increase... Na so dem kill HITV just so that dem go fit dey run alone.... Na God go punish dem....

Well tstv is not dead, tstv is rebranding. They've removed all those channels that brought about the licencing propaganda (bein and CNN). They have new content. They have to take their time and come out big and not hurry themselves because federal government wants to make it look like their achievement

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by arherfish(m): 9:02am On Jan 25, 2018
Let's not rejoice over this cos they would pay up and transfer the cost to the customers. Remember MTN extra cool, it was cancelled when the Federal Government fined them those trillions.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Ijaya123: 9:03am On Jan 25, 2018
Troublemaker007:
Na we the customers go suffer am. Mtn case is a clear example. Now 2k sub for 3.5gig last less than a week

Na by lock you down for mtn?
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Ijaya123: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2018
Meajor:

Who no allow TSTV?

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by zynzyn(m): 9:06am On Jan 25, 2018
MULTIGBESE!!

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by hefelove(m): 9:09am On Jan 25, 2018
lilfreezy:

Well tstv is not dead, tstv is rebranding. They've removed all those channels that brought about the licencing propaganda (bein and CNN). They have new content. They have to take their time and come out big and not hurry themselves because federal government wants to make it look like their achievement
i hope this is true
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by joenor(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2018
How much has multi Choice made to cough out such an amount! Abeg make una tell us wetin Hernmen don do again, na them dey trend now.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by maasoap(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2018
asuustrike2009:

They will appeal the judgement
And they will lose up till the supreme court unless judges receive bribes. It is a straight forward case, multiple infringements.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by maasoap(m): 9:20am On Jan 25, 2018
Meajor:
HITV killed themselves. Na so dem carry all their money dash EPL. I didn't believe until I read it. If you need link, I can dig it up for you.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Meajor(m): 9:20am On Jan 25, 2018
lilfreezy:

OK... I like that... Thanks for d update
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 25, 2018
perhaps this will pave way for trash satellite tv
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by tyav7: 9:25am On Jan 25, 2018
unitysheart:
Where's TSTV?
Nice question!
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by electron: 9:26am On Jan 25, 2018
MTN to Shoprite to Mutichoice....

We no go greee ooo...

This is an act of Xenophobic.

Anyways.. We need the money to loot..
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 25, 2018
asuustrike2009:

They will appeal the judgement

I doubt c.a will not up hold the judgement ..was their deliberate cr infringement ,yea !
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by deebrownneymar: 9:33am On Jan 25, 2018
Good news. They've been cheating Nigerians. We want pay as you go.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by AlanSugar(m): 9:35am On Jan 25, 2018
unitysheart:
Where's TSTV?

Oh lordy! That is! Da hell is tstv?! When some people were saying it's a fraud set up, others were busy calling those ones names. We need to know where tstv is. Thanks for this.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Topmaike007(m): 9:45am On Jan 25, 2018
grin na dis type of news dey sweet me.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by ashjay001(m): 9:48am On Jan 25, 2018
Stevengold:
So, the company will just cough out 5.9 billion for just damages shocked, abeg make them come do me the damages. Abeg.

Oya, drop better artistic producttongue
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by amjustme2: 9:51am On Jan 25, 2018
Intellectual property abuse and right infringement is a global issue but worse in Nigeria. This is not only applicable to music, though it's the most widely abused. People don't get fair compensation for their work.

The emergence of blockchain technology has provided a backbone to tackle this. I am challenging programmers and software developers to seek out a smart contract solution to end copyright infringement and abuse.

Will Multichoice this fine? Unlikely. They will challenge it to the highest court, lobbying and depositing bags of money along they way till this is diluted or struck out.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Topmaike007(m): 9:56am On Jan 25, 2018
arherfish:
Let's not rejoice over this cos they would pay up and transfer the cost to the customers. Remember MTN extra cool, it was cancelled when the Federal Government fined them those trillions.
dat Z For you people using multichoice product..

i really like dis news atleast they should reduce they should make it 10 billion usd,i wil be so happy,GOD punish all those south african company.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 25, 2018
Icecomrade:

I sincerely want this Multi Choice to park up like Etisalat.

They are exploiting Nigerians.

They are also employing Nigerians and creating multiple supporting industries.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2018
GavelSlam:
They've been making good profit over the years and a worker is deserving of his pay.

They had ample time to settle out of court but chose not to go that route.

In essence, this is a landmark judgement and would be referenced on various occasions in future.

No be God?

Some musicians that had completely spent their royalties can be pensioned now.

Hope Baba Fryo is amongst the lucky ones.

More likely the record companies will hammer while the artistes get nothing.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Topmaike007(m): 10:05am On Jan 25, 2018
Troublemaker007:
Na we the customers go suffer am. Mtn case is a clear example. Now 2k sub for 3.5gig last less than a week
na una oo,pls no involve person like me,cos GOD knows dat i own startimes and i still want to get another combo decoder.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ by Topmaike007(m): 10:10am On Jan 25, 2018
Meajor:
Make them just pack go back.... I see say this guys are against the progress of Nigerian people... Dey just frustrated TSTV... Abeg all this court continue slamming them with this kind charges... Make them just crash... Till all the prosperity of the wicked come back to our people...
amen oo make dem crash

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? / Power(series) Is Back!!! / Accredited Acting School in Lagos | Contacting Wale Adenuga Productions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.