Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,525 members, 7,847,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:21 PM

Ahead Of 2019 : Atiku Visits Fayose And Pdp Leaders In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahead Of 2019 : Atiku Visits Fayose And Pdp Leaders In Ekiti (316 Views)

Bisi Adeleye Fayemi Visits Fayose Ahead Of Next Tuesday's Inauguration / PHOTOS: Saraki Visits Fayose / John Bray Visits Fayose Over Ekiti Election (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ahead Of 2019 : Atiku Visits Fayose And Pdp Leaders In Ekiti by Comrde3g(m): 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
AHEAD OF 2019: ATIKU COMMENCED CONSULTATION BY VISITING GOV FAYOSE AND PDP LEADERS IN EKITI

-AS REPORTED BY PROJECT ATIKU 2019

The Official Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Nigeria presidential flag bearer hopeful, His Excellency Atiku Abubakar, the former Vice President of Nigeria, commenced his nationwide tour for consultation ahead of the 2019 presidential election by visiting governor Ayo Fayose and Ekiti State PDP leaders.

Atiku and his entourage landed in Akure Airport and was warmly received by Governor Fayose and other PDP leaders led by the Chairman of Ekiti State PDP, Barr. Oguntuwase George Gboyega.

He acknowledged cheers from his supporters that were waiting for him at the Airport before they drove from Akure to Ado-Ekiti while people were trouping out to wave them.

Governor Fayose was showing him the vast development in Ekiti as they drove through Ekiti State.

During the meeting Fayose declared the end to the oppressive rule of Buhari in Nigeria. Adding that the power belongs to the masses.

In his word, “The end has come for Buhari, the oppressor and suppressor of Nigeria and its people.

“Power to change this fraudulent change belongs to Nigerians and in 2019, they will exercise that right appropriately. Today, the only alternative to the oppressive govt of Buhari is a PDP government.”

The Vice President commended the governor for his hospitality, the developmental stride of the state and his straightforwardness.

Atiku said, "Since my return home to PDP this is the first state I am visiting for consultations with party leaders. This is not surprising as Fayose and I had struck a good relationship since his first tenure as governor and I was VP. He is blunt and straightforward, a sharpshooter in politics and I respect him for that.

“But above all, he is also the chairman of our party's governors forum, today among the governors, among the party members generally he calls the shots and when he does so, we all take the queue.

"I have visited this state severally with other governors in the saddle, what I have observed has been a monumental development in terms of infrastructure in the state and the quality of life of the people, but as a politician, anywhere we were driving along the road, from Akure he was receiving cheers all through, while the road from Akure to Ekiti was bad that from Ekiti into the state is splendid.

"I have seen what you have achieved and your footprints are all over the state capital, I commend you for that and for your leadership, I believe you have quite a lot to offer for our country," the former VP asserted.

In his Response to Atiku's assertion, Governor Fayose thanked God for his (Atiku's) resilience, appreciating him for his support when he was VP and Fayose was a governor.

The governor said, “I thank God for your life, your resilience and tolerance and patience in your walk through life. It only takes resilience to follow life, most times, you only get bouts instead of encouragement, I welcome you to the state because you were quite supportive when I wanted to come at first time, while others were not, you supported us.

“We only celebrate the bad things men do to us, we don’t celebrate good works, it would have been better if we celebrate good works today we don’t celebrate good works, we reward it with celebrating supplanters.”

He further assured the VP of the supports of the states structure. "I want to assure you that we only have leadership in Abuja, real party is in the states and at the local government level, we have done it before, we will do it again.

"I won the last election because it was not the people who wanted me to go away but it was Obasanjo that sent me away, that was why they voted for me overwhelmingly in 2014," Fayose concluded.

Atiku declined detail comment on Ex-President Obasanjo’s recent letter. He however, insisted that it's left for Nigerians to evaluate the letter to President Buhari. Adding also that the APC has failed the country, so he advised Nigerians not to vote the party (APC) again, “APC has failed this country. That party is not the solution to our country’s challenges," Atiku maintained.

SOURCE:

https://m./172906086775335?view=permalink&id=180907912641819

(1) (Reply)

Keyamo Wants Report On DG SEC To Be Made Public / Our Mumu Don Do / How We Will Spend Extra Income From Rising Oil Prices — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.