Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album (23339 Views)

Ed Sheeran: I Worked With Burna Boy, I Have Never Seen Anyone Ingest More Weed / Burna Boy: I Am Not Worth $3.5 Million, That Won’t Even Buy My Cars / Tekno Chills With Rapper Drake In VIP Section Of The Canadian Rapper’s Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by PMWSpirit(m): 11:26am On Jan 25, 2018
Lies from the pit of highness, the only Nigerian on that More life project is skepta(Joseph Adenuga)

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by iamawara(m): 11:27am On Jan 25, 2018
Boy so high
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 25, 2018
You are not on the same levels with this guys,they have gone far and wild and still going.But you sit in Ikorodu judging his statement. If wizkid did it,then Burna boy must have done it better. Be concrete,stop all this Nigeria atittudes. Use it to face your government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Origamist: 11:28am On Jan 25, 2018
fresherdanU:
IM JUST HERE TO READ THE NEXT HEADLINE OF HOW BURNABOY RUIN THE REMAINING CAREER HE HAS LEFT WITH THIS RIDICULOUS LIE.
Why are most of you finding it hard to believe him?
Burna is a real one,
and real recognizes real.
Same Burna's the only artiste on Fall Out Boy's new album.
I learnt Drake even posted about his Pree Me song.Check out Heaven's Gate,Streets of Africa etc.
You'll know that the dude is a bundle of talent.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by obowunmi(m): 11:29am On Jan 25, 2018
Sounds like DRAKE is a thief.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Badonasty(m): 11:29am On Jan 25, 2018
goldcoinhub:
Burna Boy who is one of the most celebrated artistes and song writers in Nigeria has opened up on how he wrote 5 songs for Drake in one of his albums.

Burna Boy made this revelation during the listening party for his forthcoming album titled “Outside.” which held on Sunday January 21st, 2017 at the We´re´ House in Lagos.

Burna Boy spoke on how he met with Drake in London and how their meeting led to them working on the project Drake was working on at the time, which turned out to be an album titled “More Life.”

He also added that he worked so hard to enure that he only delivered quality materials for the projects.

He said:

“I worked on 5 new songs for the project, and submitted them all.”

Burna Boy revealed that he got confirmation from Drake and his team that one of the songs he wrote named “More Life” would make it to the project but it came out in a different form on the album and it even went on to be the title of the entire album.

Sadly, the like to party crooner did not get the deserved credit for writing the song that went on to become so huge that it made the top of the Billboard Hot 200 album chart and broke streaming charts.

Burna Boy was hoever featured on the outro of the album ‘Get It Together’, which was a remake of South African DJ, Black Coffee, and Bucie’s 2010 single Superman.

The new version had UK singer Jorja Smith, singing about fixing a strained relationship. Burna Boy’s More Life was reworked and sampled at the outro of the record and it was entirely different from the version that he had written.

“They told me they had picked it, but when the song came out it was…chopped.” Burna Boy said.

Burna Boy however said he has moved on from that episode and stated that the original version of the More Life song he wrote would be on his forthcoming album “Outside,” which is set for release on January 26th, 2018.

http://lailasnews.com/wrote-5-songs-drake-life-album-burna-boy/

But drake no put your for the credits na
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by aiir2303(m): 11:34am On Jan 25, 2018
FroshJaynex:
One thing Meek Mill killed Drake with was the fact that he doesn't write 100% of his songs. No one should be surprised, Drake used wizkid, even am sure he did the same to techno cos since the LIC of them in studio nothing drop. Meanwhile burna boy is so very much underrated, the guy does pure music, and a very good stage performer with a huge credit.
True talk bro.. Of all naija artists Burna Boy has got that inbuilt attribute of giving out quality materials. Averagely his songs are better and they pack sensible lyrics than all so called Hip Hop Artiste's

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by nwakibie3(m): 11:36am On Jan 25, 2018
I thought this guy should be behind the bar
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Origamist: 11:37am On Jan 25, 2018
PMWSpirit:
Lies from the pit of highness, the only Nigerian on that More life project is skepta(Joseph Adenuga)
He said he was not credited by Drake nah.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Strikethem: 11:37am On Jan 25, 2018
grin
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Macgreat(m): 11:39am On Jan 25, 2018
Lie kill you there!
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by StellarJo(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2018
All these fools saying shii up there.... Its painful you just read and never make research. Go listen Get it together.... Minutes 3;50 till fade out
...Nigerians can hate sha.... FYI Outside Album out in a couple of hours.... Haters can goan die. God bless burnas talent.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by okenwaa(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2018
And people d@ know ntn about music will be talking shiit..

Burna still remains one of the best in the game in Africa.
Yea...he did some samples for Drake's More Life album...believe it or not

Likewise Bez,Nneka and Asa are all underrated...we don't value our own
But the good thing is.....they're all making there cool millions with/without the love and support of dia countrymen

If it's penalty or one corner mumu people will start jumping upandan!!

Heaven's Gate on repeat joor

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by k47sec: 11:49am On Jan 25, 2018
Want to be a hacker.?? K47sec security solution is a company which provide online/offline training programme throughtout the world.. For more info check our website
[#] http://k47sec.org

Interested candidates can message me wit all their queries in my messagebox .. We will be happy to help.Thank you

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by StellarJo(m): 11:50am On Jan 25, 2018
Macgreat:
Lie kill you there!
Thunder fire you there!

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by StellarJo(m): 11:51am On Jan 25, 2018
nwakibie3:
I thought this guy should be behind the bar

Call IGP!
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by hefelove(m): 11:56am On Jan 25, 2018
DollarAngel:
You couldn't write yourself to win local awards you writing for someone else, Mumu
R.kelly wrote songs for Michael Jackson that won grammies but R.kelly never won a grammy. Burna boy is soo good. He's jus soo underrated. If wizkid or davido said this i can doubt them. But Burna? I believe him

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by DaInferno(m): 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hmm... Oya, send invitation to haters
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
Shank fall my hand,dude would have been king of dancehall but he went cold.i don't like this burna boy forget say we all from naija delta.
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by princeemmma(m): 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2018
you give people song and yet you are still struggling

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Rick9(m): 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2018
Write which song for who ? Mtcheewww
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by illustriousson(m): 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2018
hefelove:

R.kelly wrote songs for Michael Jackson that won grammies but R.kelly never won a grammy. Burna boy is soo good. He's jus soo underrated. If wizkid or davido said this i can doubt them. But Burna? I believe him
who told you R.kelly never won a Grammy, He has 3 Grammy awards to his name.
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by hefelove(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
illustriousson:
who told you R.kelly never won a Grammy, He has 3 Grammy awards to his name.
Which year? and what category?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by platz(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
he done smoke weed finish
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Thegamingorca(m): 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2018
justscorchone:
Shank fall my hand,dude would have been king of dancehall but he went cold.i don't like this burna boy forget say we all from naija delta.

Talk true, so nah naija delta boy?

See as the nigga dey blast yoruba...
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
PMWSpirit:

Shut up and listen to the outro of the album. Burna boy is clearly heard on it. Very clearly. Instead of saying what you don't know, use 4mb to download the song.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Macgreat(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
StellarJo:
Thunder fire you there!

Your father yansh.
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
justscorchone:

Shank was good, but truth is the best to ever do dancehall in Nigeria is General Pype, after him then Burna.

I would have placed Burna ahead, but his Genre is Afro Fusion but with predominantly Dancehall/Regaee/Patois.

Regardless of your dislike, the guy is extremely talented.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by vosquare: 12:41pm On Jan 25, 2018
I can't deny the fact that this guy is wonderful musically. It's possible for him to write songs for Drake cause burna himself is a genre, a movement, a talent... And very underrated

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by jetson06: 1:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
Liar!
Re: Burna Boy: I Wrote 5 Songs For Drake In His ‘more Life’ Album by Assassin101: 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
science student, too much chemical n gaseous mixtures in his blood stream

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banky W Blast American Airline Over Delayed Flight [PICS] / Kemi Olunloyo: Pretty Mike & Toyin Lawani Sponsored My Birthday Dinner, Not COZA / Prince Teerex, Terry G's Son's New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.