Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Unilorin Bounces Use Of Hair Attachments And Other Female Essentials. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Bounces Use Of Hair Attachments And Other Female Essentials. (371 Views)

Forceful Shaving Of Hair Good For Covenant University Bad For Hisbah / How To Convert MBOX To PST Format With Attachments? / Unilorin Screening form is Out. 2017/2018 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Bounces Use Of Hair Attachments And Other Female Essentials. by gimmehear(f): 9:19am On Jan 25, 2018
Search for:
Search …
Search

Daily News
UNILORIN BOUNCES USAGE OF HAIR ATTACHMENTS $ OTHER FEMALE ESSENTIALS.
Posted on January 25, 2018 AuthorTemi Badmus Comment(0)
As if the early morning stress that I went through to get through to an 8am class wasn’t enough. Trekking from the junction to the school gate on empty stomach. On getting to the school gate, my classmates and I that were heading to the school together had to run for a bus, as if we were competing for a medal, that one of them fell so bad after tripping on a stone, leaving her injured thoroughly. As the struggle continues, we noticed some people lined up, spaces from each other holding some leaflets, sharing it to students.

Alas!!!! I was so glad, in my Church mind, I was thinking it’s our school’s new way of getting transport( trust me, our school has funny ways they approach and do their things), in my Church mind, I thought it was some sought of ticket(it could be a new development), I was so glad, and impatient to get mine cos I was already late for my 8am class. On getting there, the woman had to waste my time before handing the flier to me(still wandering why tho), she gave me 3 pieces, that was when it dawned on me that it couldn’t have been a ticket, she employed I take one and share the others with 2 of my friends.

I ignored her and left her front angrily to continue my hustle for bus to school… God so good, I noticed an empty bus afar, I ran as far as I could to secure sit for myself and my classmates as they were still cleaning up the injured girl, As soon as we started the journey inside school after successfully getting a bus, I remembered the leaflets I was given, brought it out to read, the headline looked familiar “Dress code”( this sure isn’t my 1st time of coming across such). I decided to glance through, that was when I noticed the content was different from the latter. I saw something like ” No unpacked hair, fittings, hair attachment “. I became alas!!! What caught my attention the most is the ” fittings and hair attachment “. I began to wonder what they mean by the statement.
Does it mean, there will be no fixing, braids, and form of using hair extensions for the female. I thought to myself “THIS MUST BE A JOKE”… For crying out loud, the last time I checked, University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), our very own better by far isn’t a private owned institution, neither is it a state owned institution.

It is a Federal institution, a University at that, not some sought of secondary school. I really don’t understand why our so called “Better by far” institution has decided not treat us like secondary school students whereby the school authorities pronounce their day to day activities and lifestyle to them.
Maybe the school has forgotten that “It is a university”
Everyone student with your cross, or have they forgotten they are grooming us for the labour market(outer world) and not for their own use. It still baffles me why they would have come up with such rule in a university, a renowned one at that(most sought after). It’s very archaic and authoritative of them to have pronounced such law as so we are not in a secondary school but in a university.

This injustice must end, for we student can no longer condole their act, depriving us of our Alma mata in the name of grooming us.
Let all rise to our own defense, for we have too much of their pokenose.
http://gimmehear.com/unilorin-bounces-usage-hair-attachments-essentials/

Written by:
A concerned Male Unilorite
Lalasticlala

Re: Unilorin Bounces Use Of Hair Attachments And Other Female Essentials. by RoyalBlak007: 9:24am On Jan 25, 2018
I guess they want to erradicate all forms of unseriousness.

grin I blame the students though.Most of them overdo things... Always aiming to be the bestdressed amongst their peers
Re: Unilorin Bounces Use Of Hair Attachments And Other Female Essentials. by richeeyo(m): 9:27am On Jan 25, 2018
That one Na school, as long as u join one of those Islamic groups Your pass done sure
Re: Unilorin Bounces Use Of Hair Attachments And Other Female Essentials. by SuperSuave(m): 9:56am On Jan 25, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

I guess they want to erradicate all forms of unseriousness.

grin I blame the students though.Most of them overdo things... Always aiming to be the bestdressed amongst their peers
baba forget that thing!! that Unilorin na advanced secondary school

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Locate Schools In Nigeria / Elizade Varsity Gets Full Accreditation For Engineering Programmes, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.