Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns (42598 Views)

Adenike Adebisi Dies Ahead Of Her 50th Birthday While Pregnant With First Child / Davido Spoils His Cousin, Adenike Adeleke With Money As She Celebrates Birthday / Adenike Adeleke: Senator Ademola Adeleke's Daughter & Davido's Cousin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by weIMPORT: 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2018
Info FM OAP Adenike Oyetunde has issued a warning to people who use her image for disability campaigns without seeking her consent.

The OAP who used the opportunity to remind Nigerians that she is a lawyer and was called to bar ten years ago, said she will sue anyone who ventures into using her image without giving her any prior notification.

According to Adenike Oyetunde, the fact that whatever project people are embarking on has something to do with disability doesn’t mean they should use her picture without prior notice.

Adenike Oyetunde is a cancer survivor and she is definitely waxing strong by the day. She went further to say that the fact she smiles doesn’t mean she is a fool and urged Nigerians to learn about intellectual and property rights.

The OAP made this known to the public in an Instagram post;

"Story time!!! I got to work this beautiful Tuesday morning, sometime in December 2017, excited (at least on that day). Then, Nelly, my co-anchor casually mentioned that she wanted to show me something. She then hands me a Bronchure on a campaign and I simply looked through the pages.

Well, until I saw this image -that @olanrewaju_v and @kasamyrrh own rights to. Photographer and make up artist-, in one corner, somewhere on the middle page. (Oh, I forgot to mention that earlier that day, around 7am, I got a call from someone, inviting me to an event, and I clearly stated I couldn't make it, as it was short notice.) I was first confused, then angry and I knew I needed to FIGHT it. I'll skip a lot of the things that happened.

Eventually got @bimbolafak of @fakeyechambers in on what as happening and the letter to them came.
I wasn't ready to sue anyone, or demand money; I needed them to know I knew what was right.

I got an apology yesterday and that was all I needed, at least, on this matter.

Lessons:
1) Don't EVER use my image on your project, without first getting approval; don't. It's a new year!!! Be warned... 2) The fact that whatever it is, might even have to do with disability, gives you NO right to even do it. I don't jump on EVERY project

3) Be honest with people. Imagine, I found out the 7am call, was from a member of the team. How ludicrous. And they kept passing the buck. Be RESPONSIBLE.

4) Whoever convenes, heads, organises events or projects, MUST, take full responsibility

5) STOP using peoples names, logos, images; this year, you will PAY. Stop using my own

6) It's one project at a time. We'll get to you all, gradually. Order must come, one day at a time.

7) That I smile, doesn't mean, I'm a FOOL

cool Don't forget I was called to bar almost ten years ago, well, like eight years now; or is it nine...whatever, you get the point.

9) Learn about Intellectual Property rights... Be smart, don't shut your projects/campaigns down by YOURSELF. Learn to do things the RIGHT way.

10) I let an apology this time, the next one, I'll sue your behind and you'll pay for it."

https://lailasnews.com/oap-adenike-oyetunde-warns-using-image-dis/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Nonso92(m): 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2018
leave them, when the initiative hammer, you sue them. let's say 100m maybe.

#shikena

18 Likes

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by GentleMoney: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2018
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by thesicilian: 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2018
Nonso92:

#shikena

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by doyinisaac(m): 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2018
Nonso92:

#shikena
You get sense
Enemyofpeace:
Dis babe go sweet die for bed. I don dey imagine the style that will be suitable for her
Your brain is full of petrol...

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Iruobean(m): 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2018
G
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Pubichairs(m): 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2018
undecided her deformity didn't stop her from being successful ...lesson to gold diggers out there waiting for already made niggas

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by rawtouch: 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2018
last warning..
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by BruncleZuma: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Aunty as you sue them and them no come get the money nah Libya sosoi bah?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by abbeyoye2001(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
Correct
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Teewhy2: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
Good one, there's ability in every disability. Some will have taken to the streets to beg, but thumbs up to her.

It is another Dry Season, a Season for construction works.
Need a Roof Parapet to bring out the beauty in your Building?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

1 Like

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by ibroauthen(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hmmm fine sha

1 Like

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Gkay1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
we dey wait o
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
Pubichairs:
undecided she go fit open her legs for bed at all?
shocked shocked

Oh lawd of messi

You need to be soaked inside chlorine to wash off Impurities naughty thoughts from your mind

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by DollarAngel(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
hf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by congorasta: 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
madam sorry o, they go dey use buhari pic from now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Mariangeles(f): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
Nonso92:

#shikena
Guys and money...

1 Like

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Sweetcollins: 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
Eeyaa...Na now them wan begin use am
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by ibroopeyemi(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
Op,help me reached her,tell her my mind goes with her.
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by blaqroy: 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
No vex dear
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Rukkydelta(f): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
I am inspired
If a Lady like this despite her disability could be hardworking and succeessful then I wonder why most beggers will see on the road with no disability can't be working?
Or why most Ladies these days choose to depend on a man when their both hands and legs are functioning?

Kudos girl wishing you the best in all your endeavors

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by bid4rich(m): 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2018
I know this lady right back in OOU. We were in technical department together. Very energetic and inspiring. Ride on Nike! I still remember the name you use to call me. smiley

The Lord is your strength

5 Likes

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Enemyofpeace: 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2018
Dis babe go sweet die for bed. I don dey imagine the style that will be suitable for her

1 Like

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Krafty006: 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2018
a word is enough for the wise, quality handmade shoes, check my profile
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Enemyofpeace: 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2018
bid4rich:
I know this lady right back in OOU
was she like this then?

3 Likes

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Enemyofpeace: 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2018
Rukkydelta:
I am inspired
no go cut your leg o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by showstopperss(m): 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2018
God is awesome!! aseyi o wun
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by Enemyofpeace: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked shocked

Oh lawd of messi

You need to be soaked inside chlorine to wash off Impurities naughty thoughts from your mind
just because he asked a simple and innocent question?
Re: Adenike Oyetunde: Stop Using My Images For Disability Campaigns by TellMeNothing: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2018
Pubichairs:
undecided her deformity didn't stop her from being successful ...lesson to gold diggers out there waiting for already made niggas

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Di'ja Rocks Ankara Braids (Photos) / 'I Am Spending The Rest Of My Life With Chioma - Davido To Birthday Guests (Vide / Throwback Photo Of Phyno As A Boy As He Celebrates His 29th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.