Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (24986 Views)

Generational Curses: The Myths And The Truth According To The Bible / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Why Many Christians Face Difficulty In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
Please, do not mind my English, it might not sound professional, but get the message patiently. Thanks and God bless you for reading.

To be free from generational curses, we must be born again. As a born again Christian, we are suppose to be free from all kind of curses including generational curses, because Jesus has paid the price for them all. He became the curse for us and was crucified for our our sake. Which means once you are born again, you become a new creature, all your sins have been forgiven.

To be born again, you must follow the instructions of Christ as it is written in the bible and not the doctrine of men which many have followed today. I will advise you to read patiently to be sure you are on the right path.

2 Corinthians 5: 21 For He hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Corinthians 5: 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Many Christians still suffer from this curse due to ignorance. They fail to follow the commands of Jesus Christ on how to be saved and some who have followed still think they need a special kind of deliverance because they listen and believe the doctrine of men. In the first covenant, God gave His commands to Moses which is to be followed by the Israelites in order to be saved. They were all saved from the plague because they followed strictly the instructions of God. These days, many Christians follow the doctrines of men instead of the doctrine of Christ.

Before I state the five steps to follow in order to be entirely free from theses curses, let me state below the instruction God gave to the Israelites under the first covenant, which is also a shadow of the new covenant.

Exodus 12:1 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. 10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. 11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover 12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt

The Israelites strictly followed this commands of God and when the Lord passed through the land to strike down the Egyptians, He passed through the homes of the Israelites and they were not harmed because He saw the blood of the lamb on the top sides of their door frame. So the Israelites were saved because they followed strictly the order given to them by God.

These generational curses which God himself talked about in the book of Exodus below:
Exodus: 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

This means, these curses will be visited upon the children because of the sins of the fore Fathers and these curses are visited by God and not satan. Note that in Exodus 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

In this case, it also means Mercy is available through repentance.

Now back to the second covenant (which is also known as the new covenant), which we are under as Christians.

To obtain Mercy/Freedom from all these curses and to have eternal life, Christ commanded us to be born again, John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, He cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

To achieve this, there are 5 steps to follow. 1. Hear the Gospel 2. Believe in Jesus Christ 3. Repent from Sin 4. Confess Christ 5. Be Baptised.

I will explain baptism as much as I can because this is where most Christians make a lot of mistakes. The first four steps are most times observed correctly during alter call in most churches.Meanwhile, let me explain briefly the first four.

1. Hear the Gospel - The Gospel is the good news. It is to hear and understand what Christ did for us on the cross. Why He died for us and what He commanded us to do to obtain eternal life.

Luke 10:16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”

Romans 10 :13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

2. Believe in Jesus- It is to believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God. To believe Jesus came in the body of human, though He had no sin, but was crucified for the sake of our sins, so that His blood will cleanse us from all un righteousness and that God raised Him from the dead.

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

3. Repent from sin - To turn away from sin. It is to truely feel remorseful of our ungodly ways and completely turn away from them.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4. Confess Christ - We must confess with our mouth our believe in Christ. To confess Jesus Christ as our Lord and Personal Savior.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

5. Be Baptised - This step is the last step. It is called baptism by emersion or baptism by burial (liquid burial). This is the step where many Christians fail to follow as directed in the Bible. Baptism must come after repentance from sin and confessing Christ. This should be when the person is grown in age to the extent where he/she can understand and make decisions by him/her self. Please note this, that without baptism by emersion (this is not the infant baptism by sprinkling), you are not saved yet. You are not yet a born again Christian.

Acts 22: 16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Baptism by emersion/burial, cleanse us from our sins. It demonstrates our death and burial with Christ, as we emerse completely in the water and we rise up, which demonstrates us been raised to new life. This is not infant baptism of sprinkling done by some churches, this baptism should be immediate, and not necessarily after six months class as some churches do, for this is man's doctrine. Note, in the scriptures below, baptism followed immediately.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And He answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And He commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and He baptized him.

Acts 9: 38 And He commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and He baptized him.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And He took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, He and all his, straightway.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This means, our old life which these generational curses should have visited, has died and has been buried and we have been raised to a new life, which is brand new. This new life no longer has any spiritual link to our forefathers which is supposed to be traced down to Adam. Since Jesus didn't leave us empty which would have mean that we have no link at all, but He gave us His Holy Spirit, which is also the Spirit of sonship, which has qualified us to be sons and daughters of God, now linked to a new lineage of the 2nd Adam which is Jesus Christ.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

At the point, Jesus Christ has become our elder brother and God Almighty our father. Also note that the scripture says, same power that raised our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead now lives in us. How then can same God whom has declared us right with Himself still visit us with generational curses? No, this is not possible because whom the son has set free, is free indeed.

John 8: 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Rom 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.7 For He that is dead is freed from sin.8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Even after all theses and it seems the curses are still manifesting, then we must resist by faith, believing strongly that we are already saved and we should know that and not start thinking we still need a special deliverance.

When it seems to still manifest, this is from satan, trying to make our faith fail in what Jesus has already done, so we must hold on to our faith on the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ. We must rebuke Satan and he will leave us.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Galatians 5 :1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

See the scriptures below ;

Colossians 2:6-9, Col 2:20-21, Col 1:20-23, Phil 4:6-7, Eph 6:13-18, Gal 1:6-7, Rom 8:31-34, Rom 6:18, Galatians 4:6.

Now when the Lord passes through the land to visit the sins of the forefathers on the generation of sinners, He will pass through, because you now have the mark of the blood of the Lamb (Jesus Christ) on you.

Feed on the word of God constantly to grow in faith. God bless you for reading this.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 7:01pm On Jan 26, 2018
You are free from generational curses through repentance (being born again) and not by some kind of prayer points that sound like incantation.

13 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 11:03am On Jan 27, 2018
Take note of this.

Modified..

95% of people who commented did not read the post. I am trying to make them understand for people who have been tied and manipulated by the fear of generational curses that it does not exist when you are born again. You are completely free from whatsoever curse as a born again. How can the Holy Spirit live in a cursed person?

The scripture made us know that we now sit in Heavenly realms with our Lord Jesus Christ. We are far above principalities and powers of darkness. The devil wants you to believe the Blood of Jesus did not do enough, so he wants you to think there are other things to do. If Jesus didn't completely set us free, what then can set us free. Is it 'die by fire prayer' or going to different deliverance ministries... But to be born again, you have to follow strictly the commands of Jesus Christ.

Jesus said whom He has set free is free.

There's no other way to be free and happy in Jesus but to TRUST and OBEY Him.

4 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Mummyjoy: 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
Beautiful piece, walking from one ministry to the other won't be necessary if we are genuinely saved. I really love the last part of your write up where we must stand by faith, strongly rebuking the devil knowing that we are saved no matter how he wants our faith to fail

9 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
Mummyjoy:
Beautiful piece, walking from one ministry to the other won't be necessary if we are genuinely saved. I really love the last part of your write up where we must stand by faith, strongly rebuking the devil knowing that we are saved no matter how he wants our faith to fail

Yes oh. God is great. We all need to understand the price Jesus Christ paid for us. When we do, we will understand who we are as Sons of God. May God help us all to understand and live righteously, because we are already the righteousness of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 7:36am On Feb 03, 2018
Happy weekend
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
There is nothing like generational curse bro..
That's the trash they sell to people in churches to keep them in line and in perpetual fear and help in increasing the church treasury..this scam like all others in the church would soon be understood by the gullible and slowly fade off...!!
Peace..!!!

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 9:21am On Feb 09, 2018
Good morning people
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 11:07am On Feb 09, 2018
Generational Curses are negative effects of the actions/inactions of the Parent line on their children/down line.

JesusSonOfGod:
Good morning people
Hello
I understand your post even though it is too long. However, I think you probably have a narrow view of generational curses.

Salvation breaks just one specific generational curse and that is the curse of death (spiritual death). We through Adam inherited this.

There are other generational curses apart from this:
The curse of working to survive
Pain of birth pangs

Now, just as there are generational Curses, there are generational Blessings!

Through Christ, the blessings of Abraham belongs to us as Christians.

The other kinds of generational curses you should be aware of:
-Genetic Mutations (Albinism, Dwarfism, Some forms of cancer)
-Parant-Child Transmittable Diseases like (HIV-AIDS, Rubella, Siphillis, Gonorhea etc)
-Drug Addiction related problems (Heroine, Cocaine etc)
- Spiritual curses (consequences of spiritual actions)

Did Jesus remove ALL Generational Curses?
No!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by petra1(m): 11:22am On Feb 09, 2018
shadeyinka:
Generational Curses are negative effects of the actions/inactions of the Parent line on their children/down line.

Hello
I understand your post even though it is too long. However, I think you probably have a narrow view of generational curses.....,..,,...
. . . .

I agree with most of your beautiful posts . Some were eye enlightening to me . Except the last part

No!

Well from my understanding . Jesus removed all legally . But individual have a responsibility to make it a vital reality in their lives

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 11:31am On Feb 09, 2018
petra1:

I agree with most of your beautiful posts . Some were eye enlightening to me . Except the last part

Well from my understanding . Jesus removed all legally . But individual have a responsibility to make it a vital reality in their lives
Yes! Jesus has given every believer to break/overcome whatever generational curse they have been unfortunate to inherit.

Generational curses are like a couple with AS -AS genotype getting married. Some of their children will carry the S gene to their own unborn generation.

Some Christians are Born relatively free from these curses whether or not they are spiritual or not BUT some too are not that lucky. They could be spiritual yet be under tonnes of negative loads.

Any Christian under such loads should know that the strategy of victory is resisting the devil so that he flees.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 11:42am On Feb 09, 2018
shadeyinka:

Hello
I understand your post even though it is too long. However, I think you probably have a narrow view of generational curses.

Salvation breaks just one specific generational curse and that is the curse of death (spiritual death). We through Adam inherited this.

There are other generational curses apart from this:
The curse of working to survive
Pain of birth pangs

Now, just as there are generational Curses, there are generational Blessings!

Through Christ, the blessings of Abraham belongs to us as Christians.

The other kinds of generational curses you should be aware of:
-Genetic Mutations (Albinism, Dwarfism, Some forms of cancer)
-Parant-Child Transmittable Diseases like (HIV-AIDS, Rubella, Siphillis, Gonorhea etc)
-Drug Addiction related problems (Heroine, Cocaine etc)
- Spiritual curses (consequences of spiritual actions)

No
!

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Lol. Oh my God. I don't even know where to begin to explain to you. The bolded is an insult to the Blood of Jesus Christ. Well I choose to believe the word of God. If you think Jesus did not remove generational curses, how then do you think it can be removed. This ignorant pastors will tell you that so you will always run to them. They use such teachings to instill the spirit of fear on people. Please, pray for understanding, that's all I can say.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Galatians 5 :1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Colossians 2:6–10
6 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, 7 rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, bounding in thanksgiving.
8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.

Galatians 3 :13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

4 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by petra1(m): 11:47am On Feb 09, 2018
shadeyinka:

Some Christians are Born relatively free from these curses whether or not they are spiritual or not BUT some too are not that lucky. They could be spiritual yet be under tonnes of negative loads.

Any Christian under such loads should know that the strategy of victory is resisting the devil so that he flees.

How will a Christian know he has issue .
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 11:50am On Feb 09, 2018
shadeyinka:

Yes! Jesus has given every believer to break/overcome whatever generational curse they have been unfortunate to inherit.

Generational curses are like a couple with AS -AS genotype getting married. Some of their children will carry the S gene to their own unborn generation.

No one is born free from curses until you become born again. This curses started from Adam down and when you become born again you are disconnected from it and connected to Christ.

How then do you resist the devil if not by faith on the word of God. Faith on the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ. The devil did all he could to stop Jesus, he could not, so now he wants you to think Jesus didn't do enough for you. Jesus is the Son of God oh, He's God the Son and He humbled Himself and took the body of man so he will be sacrificed for our sins and you think His blood didn't do enough. Pray for understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Nelson21(m): 11:52am On Feb 09, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

My dear, who ever thought you that is of the devil or he's highly ignorant.

That statement was totally unnecessary. Iron sharpens iron. Read the way Petra1 replied his post . Can't you have a meaningful biblical discussion without being presumptuous?

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 11:53am On Feb 09, 2018
Nelson21:

That statement was totally unnecessary. Iron sharpens iron. Read the way Petra1 replied his post . Can't you have a meaningful biblical discussion without being presumptuous?

shadeyinka

I didn't really mean to sound harsh. Sorry about that. You are very correct.

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
Generational course do not exist, they are all excuses for failures

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

No one is born free from curses until you become born again. This curses started from Adam down and when you become born again you are disconnected from it and connected to Christ.

How then do you resist the devil if not by faith on the word of God. Faith on the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ. The devil did all he could to stop Jesus, he could not, so now he wants you to think Jesus didn't do enough for you. Jesus is the Son of God oh, He's God the Son and He humbled Himself and took the body of man so he will be sacrificed for our sins and you think His blood didn't do enough. Pray for understanding.
BIG LIE!
lair.
God did not create anyone coursed

4 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Lol. Oh my God. I don't even know where to begin to explain to you. The bolded is an insult to the Blood of Jesus Christ. Well I choose to believe the word of God. If you think Jesus did not remove generational curses, how then do you think it can be removed. This ignorant pastors will tell you that so you will always run to them. They use such teachings to instill the spirit of fear on people. Please, pray for understanding, that's all I can say.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Colossians 2:6–10
6 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, 7 rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, bounding in thanksgiving.
8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.

Galatians 3 :13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

It is obvious you neither read my previous post nor even comprehend this.

The question first is what is generational curse?
Any negative attribute inherited by a person because he descends from a cursed lineage.

Example:
Albinism, Dwarfism, Sickle Cell anaemia etc
You will agree with me that these are all inherited from ones generation past. Are they blessings?
No!
So they are curses inherited from ones lineage!

Did Jesus wipe this out?

Certainly not!

Salvation is the DELIVERANCE of ones Spirit from the Curse of Death (and their are some other fringe benefits). But Salvation dosnt include deliverance of the Body or Soul.

Deliverance of the Body is HEALING!
By conscious effort, even though it has been paid for, we have to possess it.(Is any sick amongst you, let him pray..)

Deliverance of the Soul is our Character!
By the Word of God, we renew our mind. We are commanded to be filled with the Holy Spirit so that we would not fulfill the desires of the flesh.

I hope you understand my point of view..

Note:
Any Christian bwho has ever been opportuned to be used to conduct deliverance know that Generational curses exist and can be broken by the afflicted (if he knows his right in Christ)

Most Christians who argue in the contrary usually has never conducted a deliverance session for anybody.

3 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 6:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
petra1:

How will a Christian know he has issue .

Usually when you are living right in Christ BUT things seem to consistently go on the contrary (even after many prayers and when you have done all that you should have done).

Then you can suspect that your enemy the devil is at work (many times, they are familiar spirits whose territory is your lineage).

The solution is to go into Direct Offensive Prayers knowing that Jesus has paid the price for your freedom AND that you have been Empowered and Authorized to break their hold over your life and your down line generation.

Not every problem is generational though:
Some are due to our Laziness, Complacency, Ignorance and Lackadaisical attitude. However, some are just opportunistic and a function of time and chance which befall all men.

The rule however is, if you suspect a demon, cast it out. Don't wait for confirmation.

7 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

Their is a direct Scripture that may settle this issue.

Is 53:5
...by His stripes we were healed

Is this an evidence that a Christian cannot be SICK
OR
Christ has given us Christians power over our Sicknesses?

Same with Generational Curses!
Sickness we inherited from Adam: ho come Christians still fall sick?

How would you react to a person who INSISTS that Christians cannot be Sick because Christ bore upon Himself our sicknesses(which of course is true).

There is a difference between saying that a Christian has power over generational curses AND
Saying that a Christian cannot be under a generational curse

3 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

shadeyinka

I didn't really mean to sound harsh. Sorry about that. You are very correct.

No offence.
We are all children of the most High God.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Originakalokalo(m): 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
A child of God lives in Jesus and Jesus is in him.

NO GENERATIONAL CURSE CAN SURVIVE THIS.

However, whatever you believe will work for or against you. Jesus said whatever you believe and confess comes to pass.

Why do you think believe and confession are key to salvation? Uh?

See, if you believe that every failures that comes your way is as a result of GENERATIONAL CURSE,. The devil will work through this against you.

Colossians 2 vs 14.

Says that all HANDWRITING of Ordinances that are contrary to us HAVE BEEN NAILED TO THE CROSS.

No generational curse can survive Golgotha.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by OtemAtum: 8:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
Intelligent nations don't discuss superstitious stuffs like generational curses. A well developed brain doesn't get affected psychologically by things they speak against him(i.e curses). Curses can only work on those who are psychologically affected by it. Africans always think that they are under a curse, so they psychologically become retarded. Brain users don't have anything to worry about, because curses don't work on people of higher thinking faculties.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 2:38am On Feb 10, 2018
shadeyinka:

It is obvious you neither read my previous post nor even comprehend this.

The question first is what is generational curse?
Any negative attribute inherited by a person because he descends from a cursed lineage.

Example:
Albinism, Dwarfism, Sickle Cell anaemia etc
You will agree with me that these are all inherited from ones generation past. Are they blessings?
No!
So they are curses inherited from ones lineage!

Did Jesus wipe this out?

Certainly not!

Salvation is the DELIVERANCE of ones Spirit from the Curse of Death (and their are some other fringe benefits). But Salvation dosnt include deliverance of the Body or Soul.

Deliverance of the Body is HEALING!
By conscious effort, even though it has been paid for, we have to possess it.(Is any sick amongst you, let him pray..)

Deliverance of the Soul is our Character!
By the Word of God, we renew our mind. We are commanded to be filled with the Holy Spirit so that we would not fulfill the desires of the flesh.

I hope you understand my point of view..

Note:
Any Christian bwho has ever been opportuned to be used to conduct deliverance know that Generational curses exist and can be broken by the afflicted (if he knows his right in Christ)

Most Christians who argue in the contrary usually has never conducted a deliverance session for anybody.
Leave that Op to keep talking in ignorance, He has no sense of accuracy.
He cannot possibly know albinism, dwartism, sickle cell, etc what they are
He did not go to school to that extent.
That's the problem we have in this country, it is people who never learned that are mounting the pulpit preaching and cancelling billions of Nigerians, that's why we will remain a corrupt nation.
And the government sees this error as a sacrosanct and cannot do anything about it.
It's a pity.

4 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 11:17am On Feb 10, 2018
Originakalokalo:

A child of God lives in Jesus and Jesus is in him.

NO GENERATIONAL CURSE CAN SURVIVE THIS.

However, whatever you believe will work for or against you. Jesus said whatever you believe and confess comes to pass.

Why do you think believe and confession are key to salvation? Uh?

See, if you believe that every failures that comes your way is as a result of GENERATIONAL CURSE,. The devil will work through this against you.

Colossians 2 vs 14.

Says that all HANDWRITING of Ordinances that are contrary to us HAVE BEEN NAILED TO THE CROSS.

No generational curse can survive Golgotha.

Very correct bro. I do not know how to explain to our brethrens here who disagree, all I can do is pray for us all, for God to give us understanding. Thanks for this comment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 11:21am On Feb 10, 2018
paxonel:

BIG LIE!
lair.
God did not create anyone coursed

I did not state that God created anyone cursed, but those who have not become born again are still under the nature of sin. People were born in that nature, because of the Sin of Adam. They are still connected to the lineage of Adam, this is why you must be born again to receive Christ and have Him in you...

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 11:32am On Feb 10, 2018
paxonel:
Generational course do not exist, they are all excuses for failures

I also agree with this. Generational curses do not exist for those who are in Christ. As a born again, you are free from all curses. I mean all curses. If you read my post, you will understand this is what it explains. Calm down bro, we are not quarrelling, just calm.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 11:53am On Feb 10, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

I also agree with this. Generational curses do not exist for those who are in Christ. As a born again, you are free from all curses. I mean all curses. If you read my post, you will understand this is what it explains. Calm down bro, we are not quarrelling, just calm.
We are not quarreling,
I'm asking, do you believe that there are people who go to church that need deliverance from generational course?
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by 4amorc(m): 11:59am On Feb 10, 2018
The First Temple Degree Illustrated Part 1 as given in the Lodge - A Rosicrucian Order AMORC Initiation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNNH_sDsBQ
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

I did not state that God created anyone cursed, but those who have not become born again are still under the nature of sin. People were born in that nature, because of the Sin of Adam. They are still connected to the lineage of Adam, this is why you must be born again to receive Christ and have Him in you...
So, what you are saying is, generational course is Sin nature from Adam and not financial set backs depending on whether the person was coursed or not?

If that is the case, no one is coursed then.
Only that some people have eternal life through Christ while some do not have. In either case the rain and sunlight reaches everyone equally irrespective of what we believe
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2018
paxonel:

Leave that Op to keep talking in ignorance, He has no sense of accuracy.
He cannot possibly know albinism, dwartism, sickle cell, etc what they are
He did not go to school to that extent.
That's the problem we have in this country, it is people who never learned that are mounting the pulpit preaching and cancelling billions of Nigerians, that's why we will remain a corrupt nation.
And the government sees this error as a sacrosanct and cannot do anything about it.
It's a pity.
I was actually too hard on the OP.
But the point is that experience usually is the best teacherneven in things of the Spirit. Anyone who has conducted deliverance before would understand. But one who hasn't will talk theory.

I used to be like that before through experience ni saw that Christians can be afflicted by demonic entities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? / Paris New Morning Water Crusade With Prophet TB Joshua / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.