Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World (36455 Views)

Top 10 Most Demand Tech Skills In 2022 / The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World / 10 Most Deadliest Animals In The World Number 1 And 4 Will Surprise You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by DoTheNeedful: 6:13am On Jan 29, 2018
Benblaq:
FUEL NO DEY THE LIST..i no agree
How much is a gallon of fuel. It's like you didn't read the stuff well.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by starbn(m): 6:30am On Jan 29, 2018
OP WELL DONE.VERY INFORMATIVE
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by begwong: 6:34am On Jan 29, 2018
zidek:
I did not see my urine there, check my urine, if u wanna be rich! Coming to front page this early morning, thinking Nairalander are still sleeping!
We NLders in Australia don wake 8hours a go nah ✈✈♧
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by salford1: 6:51am On Jan 29, 2018
That of scorpion is very popular. Only problem is that yhe poison is extremely difficult to extract.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by laiza(m): 6:52am On Jan 29, 2018
prettyboy5:
Who told you that crap that the king Cobra's venom is the most poisonous? It only has the most plenty venom in volume possessed within the snake.

The most poisonous venoms remain that of the very non aggressive Belcher sea snake and for terrestrial snakes its the snake called inland Taipan, its a snake in Australia.

The Belcher sea snake is the boss, it teaches me a lot if things, despite having a venom 100 times more venomous that even the most venomous terrestrial snakes, it rarely attacks humans, and on rare occasions that it bites humans, it rarely releases its venom.

Just few milligrams of its venom, it would be enough to kill over 100 men. And funny thing is that this snake is so elusive and non aggressive, telling you that those who have a lot inside them don't make noise or go about bragging.
I guess what the OP intended to say was the longest poisonous snake in the world. Although volume for volume, the king cobra produces the largest amount of venom of any snake, more than the Belcher Sea Snake or Inland Taipan and it's cousin the Taipan Snake or Eastern Brown Snake.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by okpukpu(m): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2018
What of "Ephedrine"
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by mamaafrik(m): 7:09am On Jan 29, 2018
Op we all need to contribute money to get dat cobra venom thing,a cone head needs to be buried in line with islamic rite very soon
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by GenAnsahCinC: 7:12am On Jan 29, 2018
why is sperm not in the list?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:18am On Jan 29, 2018
prettyboy5:
Who told you that crap that the king Cobra's venom is the most poisonous? It only has the most plenty venom in volume possessed within the snake.

The most poisonous venoms remain that of the very non aggressive Belcher sea snake and for terrestrial snakes its the snake called inland Taipan, its a snake in Australia.

The Belcher sea snake is the boss, it teaches me a lot if things, despite having a venom 100 times more venomous that even the most venomous terrestrial snakes, it rarely attacks humans, and on rare occasions that it bites humans, it rarely releases its venom.

Just few milligrams of its venom, it would be enough to kill over 100 men. And funny thing is that this snake is so elusive and non aggressive, telling you that those who have a lot inside them don't make noise or go about bragging.

Belcher's sea snake, which many times is mistakenly called the hook-nosed sea snake (Enhydrina schistosa), has been erroneously popularized as the most venomous snake in the world, due to Ernst and Zug's published book "Snakes in Question: The Smithsonian Answer Book" from 1996. Associate Professor Bryan Grieg Fry, a prominent venom expert, has clarified the error: "The hook nosed myth was due to a fundamental error in a book called 'Snakes in question'. In there, all the toxicity testing results were lumped in together, regardless of the mode of testing (e.g. subcutaneous vs. intramuscular vs intravenous vs intraperitoneal). As the mode can influence the relative number, venoms can only be compared within a mode. Otherwise, its apples and rocks.".[4] Studies on mice[5][6][7]and human cardiac cell culture[4][8][9] shows that venom of the inland taipan, drop by drop, is the most toxic among all snakes; land or sea. The most venomous sea snake is actually Dubois' seasnake (Aipysurus duboisii ).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophis_belcheri

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by hermesprogidy(m): 7:23am On Jan 29, 2018
cooljude:
King Cobra's venom isn't the most poisonous, it delivers its venom in a very large dose.
You are totally right. The inland Taipan, found in Australia is the most venomous snake known to man.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Benblaq(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

How much is a gallon of fuel. It's like you didn't read the stuff well.
just a sarcastic comment sir!
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by psp2pc(m): 7:33am On Jan 29, 2018
by gallons how many litres you mean. am too lazy to google that..
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by madridguy(m): 7:39am On Jan 29, 2018
Noted.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by prettyboy5: 7:41am On Jan 29, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:

Belcher's sea snake, which many times is mistakenly called the hook-nosed sea snake (Enhydrina schistosa), has been erroneously popularized as the most venomous snake in the world, due to Ernst and Zug's published book "Snakes in Question: The Smithsonian Answer Book" from 1996. Associate Professor Bryan Grieg Fry, a prominent venom expert, has clarified the error: "The hook nosed myth was due to a fundamental error in a book called 'Snakes in question'. In there, all the toxicity testing results were lumped in together, regardless of the mode of testing (e.g. subcutaneous vs. intramuscular vs intravenous vs intraperitoneal). As the mode can influence the relative number, venoms can only be compared within a mode. Otherwise, its apples and rocks.".[4] Studies on mice[5][6][7]and human cardiac cell culture[4][8][9] shows that venom of the inland taipan, drop by drop, is the most toxic among all snakes; land or sea. The most venomous sea snake is actually Dubois' seasnake (Aipysurus duboisii ).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophis_belcheri

Thank you for this. So the most poisonous snake in the world is still the other snake I mentioned along with the sea snake in my comment: the inland Taipan.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Tomoyayi(m): 7:42am On Jan 29, 2018
cooljude:
King Cobra's venom isn't the most poisonous, it delivers its venom in a very large dose.

Very correct. Was about saying the same thing.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by garriboy(m): 7:44am On Jan 29, 2018
classicfrank4u:
Type 1 diabetics rely on injections of a certain life-saving liquid called insulin. But have you ever wondered what the exact cost of insulin is? And how does it weigh in (per gallon) against the most expensive liquids in the world? Hint: It’s a heavy weight! Let’s take a look, shall we?

10. Human Blood: $1,500 per gallon
The actual acquiring of human blood isn’t all that difficult, considering we all have it! However, the processing of the blood after donation can be very expensive depending on where in the world the buying and selling of it is occurring.

9. Gamma Hydroxybutyric Acid (GHB): $2,500 per gallon
Depression, insomnia, and narcolepsy are just three of the disorders that GHB can be used to treat – as it is commonly used as an anesthetic in medicine. It is found in the human central nervous system.
GHB is also well known by its nick name when used illegally: the “date rape drug.”

8. Black Printer Ink $2,700 per gallon
No matter the price of your printer itself, the printer’s ink always costs far more, and the manufacturer for each printer and its corresponding ink is the one and the same.

7. Mercury $3,400 per gallon

Mercury is not as widely used in the production of medical tools (such as thermometers) as it used to be due to its toxicity. However, it remains to be the only liquid metal that remains liquid at room temperature, it can be used to conduct electricity, and in vapor form it is used in street lighting and fluorescent bulbs.

6. Insulin $9,400* per gallon
Insulin is very expensive to produce in its biosynthetic form. As we know – (or should know!) insulin is a hormone naturally produced by healthy pancreases.
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association , insulin prices tripled between 2002-2013 and seem to be steadily on the rise. A more affordable way to produce insulin is reportedly in development, introducing the human gene into plants to then produce it themselves.
*The price of $9,400 per gallon was published by HF Magazine, though any PWD out there can do the math themselves…we’ve seen conclusions ranging from $15,000 – $100,000.

5. Chanel No. 5 $26,000 per gallon
One of the most widely known fragrances in the world, Chanel No. 5 was first produced in 1922 through the collaboration of chemist, Ernest Beaux, and Coco Chanel. Coco Chanel selected vial #5 of the samples that Beaux presented her with, due to her fondness for the number 5. The name was kept.

4. Horseshoe Crab Blood $60,000 per gallon
The blood of horseshoe crabs is used and harvested in high quantities today to test that a wide range of medical products are not contaminated. Horseshoe crab blood is blue in color, and its unique response to bacterial toxins was discovered over 50 years ago.

3. Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) $123,000 per gallon
Very widely used in the 1960s as a hallucinogenic drug, LSD is made from the crystalline compound, Lysergic acid, prepared from natural ergot alkaloids. Just one gallon of LSD would provide enough hallucinogens for approximately 55,000 people.

2. King Cobra Venom $153,000 per gallon
With venom capable of killing a full gown elephant, the King Cobra is the most poisonous snake known to the world.
The King cobra’s venom also contains a unique protein called ohanin. Ohanin is being used today in the form of a painkiller that is 20 times more potent than morphine.

1. Scorpion Venom $39,000,000 per gallon
Scorpions use their venom as a defense against predators and to kill prey, but only 25 species of scorpion have venom that would be lethal to humans.
The protein found in scorpion venom, however, can be used to treat pain in humans who suffer from multiple sclerosis (MS), inflammatory bowel disease, and rheumatoid arthritis.

https://beyondtype1.org/the-10-most-expensive-liquids-in-the-world/

Point of correction, blood is not sold (legally) anywhere in the World. Here in Nigeria you only pay a token as access fee to cover for the screening when you are getting it from NBTS.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Sirmuel1(m): 7:52am On Jan 29, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
I dey book next flight now to my village, scorpion full there. I think it's time to buy the Tesla. grin

You dey para oh cheesy

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by jimmyneut: 8:03am On Jan 29, 2018
Nice piece bro Just a little correction ...the king cobra isn't even the snake with the highest volume of venom production, that title belongs to the Gaboon Viper.

prettyboy5:

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by panpan(m): 8:11am On Jan 29, 2018
Hmm! And people have been killing scorpions and posting the pictures on Nairaland, throwing "money" away. angry

The article did not tell which species of scorpion has such an expensive venom, or does the venom of all scorpion species have the same monetary value?

How may I import king cobras and start a snake farm?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by kachijack(m): 8:26am On Jan 29, 2018
prettyboy5:

I think this claim of the Belcher Sea Snake being the most venomous sea snake has been refuted as shown in the Wiki Article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophis_belcheri however the Dubois Sea Snake takes the record https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubois%27_seasnake Yet the Inland Taipan remains the snake with the most toxic venom on either land or sea.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by uwajeh(m): 8:28am On Jan 29, 2018
The most poisonous/venomous snake in the world is the inland taipan of Australia and not the king cobra
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2018
prettyboy5:

Thank you for this. So the most poisonous snake in the world is still the other snake I mentioned along with the sea snake in my comment: the inland Taipan.

What
You missed by a mile my friend. Dont be disingenuous.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:58am On Jan 29, 2018
Nigerian Fuel
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by prettyboy5: 9:00am On Jan 29, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

What
You missed by a mile my friend. Dont be disingenuous.

I missed what? I stated two snakes as the most venomous snakes, the Bleacher and then the inland Taipan, and now found out the Taipan is the most venomous still, so what did I miss?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by unimagin: 9:01am On Jan 29, 2018
KING COBRA IS NOT THE MOST POISONOUS SNAKE IN THE WORLD. WRONG INFO.
THE INLAND TAIPAN IS UNARGUABLY THE MOST VENOMOUS SNAKE IN THE WORLD WHETHER LAND OR SEA
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by stankezzy: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2018
There is one thing that is bothering me , if one sales his own blood , is it blood money? will the nemesis that befall people that do blood money befall him?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by iukpe: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2018
Nigerian blood should be the cheapest, from the way we spill it daily. Cheaper than water.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by williamdeluxe(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2018
My brodas nd sisters wat abt sperm?
sperm shud b on DAT list
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by webngnews: 9:52am On Jan 29, 2018
I don't drink
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by spartoo: 11:27am On Jan 29, 2018
KangaIye:
My Urine is dam expensive, I do pay 50 naira at Iyana Ipaja any time I want to release it. tongue

no be Small thing oo. inside that Iyana-Ipaja garage
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
prettyboy5:

The Belcher sea snake is the boss, it teaches me a lot if things, despite having a venom 100 times more venomous that most venomous terrestrial snakes, it rarely attacks humans, and on rare occasions that it bites humans, it rarely releases its venom.

Ogbeni op is right jare, you proved it. I have four, and I give you ONE anytime you try me. And I have four, I give you FOUR anytime you try me, who's more dangerous?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by jimmyneut: 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2018
Wrong info bro.... The Gaboon Viper produces more venom by volume than the king Cobra.

laiza:
I guess what the OP intended to say was the longest poisonous snake in the world. Although volume for volume, the king cobra produces the largest amount of venom of any snake, more than the Belcher Sea Snake or Inland Taipan and it's cousin the Taipan Snake or Eastern Brown Snake.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Wraps Himself With Snakes / Goat Born In Minna Without Nose And Only One Eye (Photos) / Generator And Stabilizer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.