Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says (14749 Views)

Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians / Ooni Visits Buhari, Says We Don't Want War In South-west / Babajide Sanwo-olu Will Use Armoured Range Rover Sentinel SUV As Official Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari says the extra income derived from the oil sector would be spent on projects like roads, rail, and power.

Buhari said this when Antonio Vella, chief upstream officer of Eni, led a delegation to the presidential villa in Abuja on Friday.

The provisions of the 2018 budget had been predicated on $45 per barrel by the executive, and the senate had adjusted it to $47 per barrel.

Oil prices have, however, risen to $70 per barrel, this week.

Buhari also lamented that no Nigerian refinery currently performs up to 50 percent capacity.

He recalled that during his tenure as a military head of state, all the nation’s refineries were working.

“In my first coming, all our refineries were working. Port Harcourt used to refine 60,000 barrels per day, and it was later upgraded to 100,000 barrels,” he said.

“Kaduna and Warri were also working optimally, and we used to satisfy the demands of the local market. We also exported 100,000 barrels of refined petrol.

“Now, no refinery is performing up to 50%. It is a disgraceful thing.”

Buhari also appreciated Eni for its upcoming investments in the oil industry, which include rehabilitation of Port Harcourt refinery, and the building of a new one.

Vella, said his organisation had presented a technical proposal to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to rehabilitate the Port Harcourt refinery.

He said the firm had also done a feasibility study on a new refinery of up to 150,000 barrels per day capacity.

“Site selection has been completed, and 50 new graduates have already arrived in Italy for a training that will last seven months,” he said.

“There are other upstream initiatives, and a deep water project, with estimated expenditure of $13bn,” Vella disclosed.

The oil company also plans to double power generation capacity from its plant in Delta State from its present 500MW to 1,000MW, spending $750m in the process.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-ill-use-extra-oil-income-to-boost-infrastructureextra-oil-income-to-boost-infrastructure

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by AuroraB(f): 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2018
Again
Ndi BMC, your spirits have been lifted yet again grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by shedy03(m): 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2018
hope the citizens will see and feel its effect unlike the budgets of 2016 & 2017.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by B3sty(m): 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2018
This is what we've been hearing since ages

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by clevvermind(m): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2018
Buhari no longer has the brain to move this country forward, all he is doing now is just mere gimmick and 419.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by MichaelBukamzy(m): 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2018
Medicine after death...shut dafuck up and prepare for your upcoming daura visit

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Bishop000(m): 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
He is gathering his campaign money with style. APC is just clueless

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Desyner: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2018
32 months later and all we have to show is promise. If FG is waiting for oil windfall then, the govt clearly lacks ideas on how to move the nation forward. Their focus is on easy oil money.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Amirullaha(m): 5:51pm On Jan 26, 2018
Bishop000:
He is gathering his campaign money with style. APC is just clueless
Very clueless...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Yungwizzzy28(m): 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2018
I will i will i will thats the song since 2014

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by hola106(m): 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2018
God help

1 Like

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by deji17: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nice one!
Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by okeke00(m): 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
S

1 Like

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Amarabae(f): 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
I will, I will,I will since 2015.
BTW what happened to one dollar one naira promise?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Who is this one trying to deceive angry

Money that will be looted and stashed in preparation for 2019 elections embarassed

22 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by okeke00(m): 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Oga shut up. You eat too much of Maggi

11 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by lilprinze: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Apc and Buhari and the true definition of cluelessness and failure.

12 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Odingo1: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
I will...........
when will you.... cheesy

8 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Saintsbrown(m): 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Someone just woke up from slumber by OBJs letter.
U can't fool Nigerians again.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Wealthandjobs: 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
God bless you my president.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by 2019BUHARIONLY: 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
BUHARI2019

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by ammyluv2002(f): 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
All these politicians can lie sha *smh*

1 Like

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by osscarr(m): 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
Oga anything u like do
U re on ur own now

5 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by lilfreezy: 5:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
federal Republic of future tense grin grin

I WILL...

I SHALL...

I WOULD...

16 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Lawalemi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nonsense and idiocy.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by lordwizzy09(m): 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
Am 100% certain bubu didn't make such statement....the dullard is brain dead

6 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Xisnin(m): 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
I will use extra oil income to arm more Fulanis- Buhari

9 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Skepticus: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
Shut the fvuck up, Nigga!

Just admit it that you'll arm your Fulani-born goons with it.

By the way, don't quote me, NL turds...

I have a Fulani ancestry on my maternal side.

I'm just trying to expose the Fulani murderous machine to you dumb southerners.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by joystickextend1(m): 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2018
okay

Meanwhile guys check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toys

1 Like

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Barthley: 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2018
use the oil income to boost your Brain Mr President

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by anjowaka510(m): 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2018
This may be coming very lately

1 Like

Re: I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2018

Presidiot Muhammadu Buhari says the extra income derived from the oil sector would be spent on projects like roads, rail, and power.

Buhari said this when Antonio Vella, chief upstream officer of Eni, led a delegation to the presidential villa in Abuja on Friday.

The provisions of the 2018 budget had been predicated on $45 per barrel by the executive, and the senate had adjusted it to $47 per barrel.

Oil prices have, however, risen to $70 per barrel, this week.

Presidiot Buhari also lamented that no Nigerian refinery currently performs up to 50 percent capacity.

He recalled that during his tenure as a military head of state, all the nation’s refineries were working.

“In my first coming, all our refineries were working. Port Harcourt used to refine 60,000 barrels per day, and it was later upgraded to 100,000 barrels,” he said.

“Kaduna and Warri were also working optimally, and we used to satisfy the demands of the local market. We also exported 100,000 barrels of refined petrol.

“Now, no refinery is performing up to 50%. It is a disgraceful thing.”

Presidiot Buhari also appreciated Eni for its upcoming investments in the oil industry, which include rehabilitation of Port Harcourt refinery, and the building of a new one.

Vella, said his organisation had presented a technical proposal to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to rehabilitate the Port Harcourt refinery.

He said the firm had also done a feasibility study on a new refinery of up to 150,000 barrels per day capacity.

“Site selection has been completed, and 50 new graduates have already arrived in Italy for a training that will last seven months,” he said.

“There are other upstream initiatives, and a deep water project, with estimated expenditure of $13bn.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Probe Goodluck Jonathan’s N9bn Clean Stove Project / 2023: INEC Contemplating 2 Months Extension For Conclusion Of Primaries / President Buhari Attends EFCC-NEPAD Program In New York Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.