Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) (48163 Views)

CMS Grammar School Celebrates 160th Anniversary, Nigeria Oldest Secondary School / 108 Oldest Secondary Schools In Nigeria / 108 Oldest Secondary Schools In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Amarabae(f): 8:49am On Jan 27, 2018
USAbabe:

yea give it to them
Thank you my sister.
Whenever you hit them, they start talking about marriage bla bla bla.
Misogynistic postulation dead on arrival.
They can do that with weak people, not people like me.
I am IGBOTIC,
Let them deal with it or cry me a river because the greatest battle of ages is a battle of the mind.
I know the enemies tactics.
Thank you. *drop mic *.
Haha haha
Happy weekend dear. cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by jc4real(m): 8:49am On Jan 27, 2018
PearlStreet:

You're a married woman and a certain level of decorum is expected of you. To come online by 8am in the morning to be stoking embers of division and tribalism shows the kind of wife you are, the training your parents gave to you and the home you're presently mis-building.

This is a beautiful thread, don't pollute it with your atrocious manners.

To the topic, that building represents a lot of good things. Solid architecture, quality education, affordable fees and genuine missionaries. Not the religious charlatans building schools today that look like shops and charging extortionate fees to produce low quality graduates.

Thank you.
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by 2lateBiafra: 8:49am On Jan 27, 2018
And this people no lyk to dey go school them prefer DRUGS
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2018
bakynes:

In what way? The first of most things the Missionaries established in Nigeria was built in Western Nigeria so what is your point? The first school was built in Western Nigeria. The Western regional government built the first University,first TV station etc. So what exactly is your point?

Yoruba had a huge historical and geographical head start, the Igbo wiped out their handicap in one fantastic burst of energy in the twenty years between 1930 and 1950.”

bro I get am b4 no be property,

7 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Amarabae(f): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2018
Below is a screenshot of pearlstreet who came to my mention to talk craap..
A notorious Igbo hater.
My presence on nairaland scares them, they havent seen anything yet.
I know these people tactics.
Pay them back in their coin and watch them burn.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Blingblings(m): 8:58am On Jan 27, 2018
My Alma mater... Lux Fiat... Show The Light..

Those days of Canon Mbanugo, Mazi, Mr Chibueze chai! men them...

Dengram! you challenged and inspired us that year. The experience was worth it.

Btwn... That year

DMGS: Does Monkey Go To School
CKC: Crawcraw Kingdom Come
WMGS(washington):We Monkey Go To School � � �

3 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Fawklicant: 9:05am On Jan 27, 2018
hornyofife:
DMGS WAS 93 YEARS YESTERDAY
(founded 25th January, 1925.)

Duty Magnanimity Gratitude Service also known as Dennis memorial grammar school (DMGS) Onitsha is the oldest & first Grammar school in Igbo land

Credit: Investnow2013

Pictures then:

Also known as "Does Monkey Go to School" grin

We used to tease them with that name as kids then!
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by MayorMgbedike(m): 9:06am On Jan 27, 2018
My alma mater!

The Giant Iroko Tree in the East of the Niger !

Those days with Obidike, the P-man. Ride on Dengram!

6 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by ssghtc000: 9:10am On Jan 27, 2018
Awesome post

[https://hindigems.com/best-hindi-romantic-shayari/][/hindi romantic shayari]
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Blingblings(m): 9:11am On Jan 27, 2018
hornyofife:
Some of its notable alumni include

Prof Kenneth Dike, later the first African Vice Chancellor of the first Nigerian University

Late Justice J.P. Oki, former chief judge of Old Bendel state

Andrew W. Mellon, Professor of African history Harvard University.

Edmund Ekwulugo, a retired Chief Magistrate,

C. 0. Odiakosa, well-known agriculturist,

Alfred Bovi, a retired Educationist,

Theophilus R. Yirenki, a Ghanaian pharmacist

Daniel 'Onwugbuzia, a retired Customs officer

You missed Emmanuel Ifeajuna (1966 coup). He was a Dengramite.
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by hornyofife: 9:12am On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:

When you pay them in their coin, they come and try to be civil.
Don't come to my mention and talk crap.
Am a tough feminist,dont think that I am the type you can be bully online.
I am like naaked wire, ruggedly IGBOTIC.
Iron lady.
deal with it.
Tribalism is the weapon that our enemies have used against Igbos for years, we must use it against them.
So #BURN.

Gbammest

3 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Saorchy(m): 9:13am On Jan 27, 2018
Proud to be a product of this citadel of learning. Lux Fiat to fellow Dengramites

4 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by bakynes(m): 9:13am On Jan 27, 2018
AFONJAPIG:

Yoruba had a huge historical and geographical head start, the Igbo wiped out their handicap in one fantastic burst of energy in the twenty years between 1930 and 1950.”

So you believe, you think Education is measured with the best state in WAEC. Am sure you saw the thread where Yorubas led in a list of Nigerians with the highest number of Journals.

SW has the highest number of Universities and Higher institutions in Nigeria. University of Ibadan and Covenant University leading in Nigeria and been listed in Africa's best Universities.

Ekiti having the highest number of Professors. Highest number of Lawyers, best Lawyers and Senior Advocates in Nigeria are all Yorubas.

Keep deluding yourself thinking you have overtaken Yoruba's in Education because of Anambra topping in WAEC.

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by hornyofife: 9:16am On Jan 27, 2018
bakynes:

In what way? The first of most things the Missionaries established in Nigeria was built in Western Nigeria so what is your point? The first school was built in Western Nigeria. The Western regional government built the first University,first TV station etc. So what exactly is your point?

AFONJAPIG:

I get am before no be property

4 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Amarabae(f): 9:17am On Jan 27, 2018
hornyofife:

Gbammest
Thank you.
Look at some of the screenshot the anuofia that quoted me.
A notorious Igbo hater.
The name "AMARABAE" do hit their nerves,
I hit them hard and watch them cry.
Never be apologetic with the enemy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by theSpark(m): 9:20am On Jan 27, 2018
I must say I am very pleasantly surprised. I expected pictures of a rundown school as its current state. Nigeria has really affected my expectations. This is a beautiful lesson for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by hornyofife: 9:23am On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:

Thank you.
A notorious Igbo hater.

No worry, we dey your back...let them bring it on, we are well armed to beat them to submission..

3 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by hammer6F: 9:23am On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:

Thank you.
A notorious Igbo hater.

Baby u are too much. more power to your elbow!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:25am On Jan 27, 2018
hornyofife:

I get am before no be property
I no get time to read ur nonsense , if you don't have any meaningful thing to do with ur time, me my spare time is hectic... good day young man
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2018
bakynes:

So you believe, you think Education is measured with the best state in WAEC. Am sure you saw the thread where Yorubas led in a list of Nigerians with the highest number of Journals.

SW has the highest number of Universities and Higher institutions in Nigeria. University of Ibadan and Covenant University leading in Nigeria and been listed in Africa's best Universities.

Ekiti having the highest number of Professors. Highest number of Lawyers, best Lawyers and Senior Advocates in Nigeria are all Yorubas.

Keep deluding yourself thinking you have overtaken Yoruba's in Education because of Anambra topping in WAEC.
why the Igbo's are taking all the accolades in west ask urself diz question... abeg I'm not ur headache, save all this ur long grammar and strength for Fulani herdsmen invading ur village

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:28am On Jan 27, 2018
steppin:

You guys sound pained. She just pointed out the obvious.
If this thread had made the front page in a week day, y'all be all over the thread posting thrash about it.
I'm sure you're lurking around waiting for a reason to post the trash she said you would do.
yes u bet ur bitchy douche ass we are pained....Only illogical slow spokes like u will perceive otherwise,infact what is troubling us the most is the increase of such women in our society ..

You can now go and stick a horse dickkk up ur ass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by hornyofife: 9:31am On Jan 27, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
I no get time to read ur nonsense , if you don't have any meaningful thing to do with ur time, me my spare time is hectic... good day young man

You are replying the wrong person man
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Cannonleo(m): 9:33am On Jan 27, 2018
vanessanelson:
War against drugers, watch and share with friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t0hJbQjkeM
nah sicario be this naw, why una deg use the movie dey change head title
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by bakynes(m): 9:36am On Jan 27, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
why the Igbo's are taking all the accolades in west ask urself diz question... abeg I'm not ur headache, save all this ur long grammar and strength for Fulani herdsmen invading ur village
What accolades are you taking in the SW?. An estimated 10-15million Igbos live in the SW thats about quarter of the entire Igbo population, so it is normal for you guys to compete with Yorubas in some areas and sectors. While we barely have 500 thousand Yorubas living in the SE.

2 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Throwback: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:

Thank you.
A notorious Igbo hater.

You were really hurt by the facts that you quoted, that you had to bring it into a thread that is not in anyway related to the debate that brought up that appropriate response to equally bigoted posts from Igbos like you?

You chose to derail this thread because of your own insecurities. Insecurities every Igbo man and woman will pass to their children about the great Yorubas who they still wonder what makes them so thick, and why Igbos have to be economic refugees and Mexicans of the Yorubas.

And of all topics to use to start a tribal debate, you chose to use the first secondary school in the East which came only after the West had become saturated with such secondary schools and its people already demanding for a university?

You really do suffer a lot of inferiority complex even when the topic should give you some closure.

3 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:49am On Jan 27, 2018
2lateBiafra:

What is this one saying, have you took your PILLS this MORNINIG?

2 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by skallion7(m): 9:51am On Jan 27, 2018
PearlStreet:

You're a married woman and a certain level of decorum is expected of you. To come online by 8am in the morning to be stoking embers of division and tribalism shows the kind of wife you are, the training your parents gave to you and the home you're presently mis-building.

This is a beautiful thread, don't pollute it with your atrocious manners.

To the topic, that building represents a lot of good things. Solid architecture, quality education, affordable fees and genuine missionaries. Not the religious charlatans building schools today that look like shops and charging extortionate fees to produce low quality graduates.
funkeeee!!

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by sapientia(m): 10:03am On Jan 27, 2018
Lux Fiat
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:08am On Jan 27, 2018
bakynes:

What accolades are you taking in the SW?. An estimated 10-15million Igbos live in the SW thats about quarter of the entire Igbo population, so it is normal for you guys to compete with Yorubas in some areas and sectors. While we barely have 500 thousand Yorubas living in the SE.
"An Igbo man sees the entire world as his village, while an Hausa man sees Kano as the Universe and a Yoruba man sees Lagos as his entire world. Nigeria is just too small to contain the Igbo man’s dreams, aspirations, industry, commerce and expertise ... if you want to test how successful you are , leave ur village and try in another place far from home...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by famzynet: 10:09am On Jan 27, 2018
Wow! The students are really good academically.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#NoSchoolBagChallenge: Student Brings Coffin To School In South Africa / Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme / UNILAG Sacks Boniface Igbeneghu & Samuel Omoniyi Over Sex For Grade Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.