Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

Christians To Participate Actively In 2019 Elections. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians To Participate Actively In 2019 Elections. (437 Views)

ASUU Agrees To Participate In 2019 Election Despite Strike, Nigerians React / MURIC Condemns January 1st As Public Holiday For Christians To Enjoy / 2019 Elections: CAN Is Mobilizing Christians To Vote Against Muslims - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians To Participate Actively In 2019 Elections. by Activeman391(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2018
The Church Must Vote (CMV), an NGO on Thursday called on Christians in Nigeria to come out in masse and participate actively in the upcoming 2019 general elections.

Ikechukwu Nmor, Communication Manager, CMV, who made the call at a press briefing on Thursday in Abuja noted that research findings showed the massive underrepresention of voters who are Christians in the 2015 general elections.

Nmor said that as the 2019 general elections approaches, it is important that the elections and the outcome reflect a representative and inclusive decision of all demographics, age, gender and believes.

''The Nigeria Christian population, is estimated at about 50% is too important to let the affairs of the state to be decided by extremists.

According to him, the call is an interfaith call to moderate from other religions to come out in their numbers and vote.

''In Nigeria irrespective of age, ethnicity, career and education, the majority of citizens are first loyal to their faith before anyother identity.

'' We live in a country where there are more churches and mosques than schools and offices yet there is no significant progress to validate the presence of religion.

''Most Christians in Nigeria hide behind the mask of praying for the nation and abstain from the dirty arena of politics , yet the church remained the most vocal critic of government.

''It is simply not enough to pray behind close doors and wait in sheer optimism for change or progress to be achieved so we say to our brothers and sisters in the Christian faith: vote and pray, vote and pray, vote and pray," he said.

Nmor therefore urged the church to go all out and get their Permanent Voters Card (PVC), turnout in masse and vote.

Source :
https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/262597/christians-to-participate-actively-in-2019-elections.html

Re: Christians To Participate Actively In 2019 Elections. by dealslip(f): 8:30am On Jan 27, 2018
It is very good to complain on social media platforms but it is even better to ensure you register for INEC voters card if you have never owned one or if you just turned 18 years. INEC registration is going on at the moment and will close by 31st January. Visit INEC website for registration centres close to you. This registration is the most silent one I ever seen. Don't be disenfranchised, remember only your PVC qualifies you to change our collective destiny. This government is capable of anything, hence the silent registration exercise. This are areas that can be exploited by them. If anyone thinks Buhari will relinquish power like a gentle man like GEJ, please have a rethink. It is going to be a tussle. Prepare your minds to fight to finish. Please share within all your circle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians To Participate Actively In 2019 Elections. by CoolFreeday(m): 8:45am On Jan 27, 2018
we do vote and we will continue to vote but I won't vote base on religious sentiment.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians To Participate Actively In 2019 Elections. by ibsfamilia(m): 8:46am On Jan 27, 2018
O
dealslip:
It is very good to complain on social media platforms but it is even better to ensure you register for INEC voters card if you have never owned one or if you just turned 18 years. INEC registration is going on at the moment and will close by 31st January. Visit INEC website for registration centres close to you. This registration is the most silent one I ever seen. Don't be disenfranchised, remember only your PVC qualifies you to change our collective destiny. This government is capable of anything, hence the silent registration exercise. This are areas that can be exploited by them. If anyone thinks Buhari will relinquish power like a gentle man like GEJ, please have a rethink. It is going to be a tussle. Prepare your minds to fight to finish. Please share within all your circle
you are so right..as a Christian I do think we rise as one and support a Christian candidate for Presidency just like the Muslims do when a Muslim is canvassing for votes, you hardly see them supporting a Christian candidate..and with the large percent of Christian population in Nigeria I see no reason why we shouldn't be winning the elections every time if only we can come and vote as one..We are Christians and we don't need to apologise to anyone for being one or choosing a fellow christian..i stand for Christianity before tribe. #religionbeforetribe
Re: Christians To Participate Actively In 2019 Elections. by ibsfamilia(m): 8:51am On Jan 27, 2018
CoolFreeday:
we do vote and we will continue to vote but I won't vote base on religious sentiment.

God bless Nigeria
why won't I vote because of religious sentiments..do you think as a Christian if you were contesting against Buhari despite how beautiful your political track record is or how saintly you look and Buhari being old and ineffective, you would secure the votes of the Muslim community?. Far from it..my dear use head o.be wise
Re: Christians To Participate Actively In 2019 Elections. by CoolFreeday(m): 8:58am On Jan 27, 2018
ibsfamilia:
why won't I vote because of religious sentiments..do you think as a Christian if you were contesting against Buhari despite how beautiful your political track record is or how saintly you look and Buhari being old and ineffective, you would secure the votes of the Muslim community?. Far from it..my dear use head o.be wise

that's for you, I don't.
Re: Christians To Participate Actively In 2019 Elections. by tuniski: 9:15am On Jan 27, 2018
dealslip:
The registration will be on till early next year. It is not closing on 31st January 2018. There is no closing date yet.

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen & The Primitive Cattle Colony: Global Cattle Business. Fact Sheet / Former Senate President, Ebute, Berates Obasanjo Over Letter To Buhari / [photos]: Rivers State Government Host Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.