Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria (1681 Views)

Car Bursts Into Flames On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Multiple Car Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Highway. Photos / Petrol Tanker And Car On Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:03pm On Apr 15, 2010
The BBC showed a documentary on Lagos at 9:00 to 100 pm - Thursday - 15/April/2010.

Hilarious at it was, do you think it showed a balance story about Lagos and her inhabitants.
Re: Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2010
I personally found it lifting in a way, it's the story of millions who have learnt to rely on themselves without recourse to crime. Joseph's efforts to celebrate his daughter's birthday brought tears to my eyes,# and the dumpsters' association coming to the rescue of Eric is also touching. I hope our phocking politricksters were watching.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2010
^^^^^

Yes indeed, it was lifting and moving - God bless Naija.
Re: Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2010
Its the first of 3 parts. I believe it will continue next week.
Re: Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2010
I think that documentary is like two years old - if i remember, Fashola has cleared that Ojota dumpsite and turned it or part of it into a major park for the much successful BRT buses.
Re: Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by tunnytox(m): 8:29am On Apr 16, 2010
Rubbish!! another form of western propaganda to discredit Nigeria, yes its true some ppl leave in this condition[b] but what exactly do they hope to acheive with this documentary?[/b] I expect them to go over to some areas here in Manchester, London and several farm areas to make a documentary on how ppl live rough too.
why can't they make documentary on several good parts of Lagos? anyway its in series i'll wait till after all the series before given my final verdict.
Re: Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2010
The next in the series is Makoko - another part of Lagos - worse than the dump sites - did you not see it at the end of the last one?
Re: Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by Mudley313: 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2010
tunnytox:

Rubbish!! another form of western propaganda to discredit Nigeria, yes its true some ppl leave in this condition[b] but what exactly do they hope to acheive with this documentary?[/b] I expect them to go over to some areas here in Manchester, London and several farm areas to make a documentary on how ppl live rough too.
why can't they make documentary on several good parts of Lagos? anyway its in series i'll wait till after all the series before given my final verdict.

*shake my head* @ the irony of ur location being the UK
Re: Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by tunnytox(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2010
@Mudley Continue to shake your head. I don't care what you think why don't you come out with your own opinion rather than quoting me?
Re: Bbc Report On Lagos Nigeria by Fiver: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2010
It is not a report on Lagos, It is a documentary about the shanties towns

When the ymake a documentary about drug dealers in UK i don't expect them to show the affluent areas of London!!!

Its only Nigerians that get angry when they don't show the few beautiful areas in Lagos or we always ask why cant they show Abuja, Well get your own TV station in London showing those few beautiful areas. Why are we always waiting for them to show this or that about us- are they our publicist?

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Art Works And Extracts In Edo / Nigerians Just Carried Out A Deadly Armed Robbery At Alnahda In Uae / Meet Nigerian Wale Soniyiki Owner Of African Cuisine In Zagreb City, Croatia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.