Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,011 members, 7,845,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Many Eligible Voters In Nigeria Do Not Have Voter's Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Eligible Voters In Nigeria Do Not Have Voter's Card (435 Views)

See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) / The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria / INEC Registers Over 5 Million Eligible Voters In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Eligible Voters In Nigeria Do Not Have Voter's Card by sunnysmile80: 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2018
*Deliberate Preparation Towards Failure*

Is this happening or are we going to allow it again?

*I missed voting at the last election; I tried to no avail simply because I did not have a voter's card. I did not have a voter's card because I could not get a voter's card. I could not get a voter's card because in my opinion, not all electorate were planned for to have it. This is 2018, I can see we are deliberately planning towards failure again.*

In part of Lagos city where I live, there are two known registration centres to apply for the card. One is partially functioning and a 50/50 chance, the other, you have to leave home like 4am to put your name down and join the queue waiting for the government officials to arrive at 8am.

So it happened last week that 3 of my staff arrived the centre before 5am (not to vote but to get a voter's card ahead of the coming election). One of them was number 24 the others were 42 and 62 on the list.

Anyway, the names on the list were rolled out and only 35 people were attended to having spent the whole day at the queue. The officials simply said "we are closing at 1pm, please come on Monday."

Why 35 people? Well, it was a Friday to start with and they had to close early irrespective the number of people on the queue. 2, on a good day outside of Friday, they are only able to attend to less than 60 people for all the unreasonable reasons in the world. "We are rebooting the system", "there is no network for the internet", "the system is hanging" kind of.

If this is only associated with my location, I am comforted; but if this is the trend in most places, then please don't keep quiet about it.

*I can not vote if I don't have a voter's card and I can not spend a whole day from 5am just because I need a voter's card but I really would like to vote.*

*Haiti is one of the poorest nations on earth. There was a time Haiti had the highest per capital GDP in the world. That was during the plantation era similar to our crude oil boom.* Watch this short video by Professor Pat Utomi to learn more about how Nigeria can move forward and not end up the Haiti way. Expect more of this once SeamWith goes LIVE next week. *Be the first to know, sign up today. www.seamwith.com.*

To Your Success

*The CEO, SeamWith*
*The CEO, MLF*

*January 27, 1pm*

www.sewwwith.com

1 Like

Re: Many Eligible Voters In Nigeria Do Not Have Voter's Card by ifex370(m): 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
Same thing in Enugu.. What's happening.. Everybody is talking about 2019.. But nobody's preparing for it.. Nigerians esp Igbo's can like to only talk, but no action
Re: Many Eligible Voters In Nigeria Do Not Have Voter's Card by usayab(m): 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2018
Yes, we are many here on Nairaland. We only vote by likes when fayose slams Buhari , shares when "O mokery" posts and comments happily when bad news against our dear country has made Front page . Alhough, our pattern of voting did not favour GEJ in last General Election but same pattern will transport The DULLARD (according to them ) back to Daura. let's (the youth ) get in to politics or else ..............
Re: Many Eligible Voters In Nigeria Do Not Have Voter's Card by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
if i register for voter's card, it's because i want to vote out buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah / The Atiku Advantage / N5B For Electricity Maintenance At Aso Rock Villa (photo Of The Contractors)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.