Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly (34694 Views)

Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today / Trouble In PDP: Mass Defection Looms After Tribunal Verdict / Mass Defection Looms In APC As 5 Governors, 28 Senators Join Forces With Npdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by tall2ce(m): 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2018
Subbed out.
What annoys me is that the Hausa ppl are too submissive and nepotic

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by AnanseK(m): 12:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
I wish these criminals so called law makers would all defect to another country.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by ablaque(m): 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
Its s obvious dat Baba Iyabo is a confusionist.
Also obvious that politicians are not loyal to dr parties.
Equally glarin dat politicians are not dr 4 dr pple but dr own interest.
All we have is political recyclers.
If we shl support CN den let all its members be NON-PARTY nigerians,d general masses.
Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by b5ive(m): 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
sinistermind:
I expected another mega party would be created but the question is, wouldn't it be just creating another kind of evil? Since it would be the same calibre of polticians that would make up such party
That's a very very very good and outstanding question..... Seconded by me
Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by EternalTruths: 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
HAH:
The 3rd force should make kwankwaso their candidate if they really want to break Buhari power base in the north because most people are disappointed and can easily br swayed by kwankwaso as they see him as a performer on account of his achievements in kano as Governor

How many Christians do you think will vote Kwankwaso.?
Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by ivandragon: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2018
edupedia:

...easy for u to stay here and abuse everybody...u better get out and join the struggle to defeat them....after your voters card get together a group in your area to form the nucleus if the effort to push them out...meet to set goals and plan on what to do in your area ...get out now to emancipate Nigerians...the task will not be easy but mere abuse on social media won't achieve much either....

& easy for you to open your trap spit blind words.

you must be part of the recycled numbskulls I was referring to. & its not just about voters' card, some of us put our reputations & careers on the line daily to ensure that things work out for good in Nigeria & that struggle goes beyond just ousting a failed government.

& if the social media won't achieve much, what are you doing on it?
Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by desgiezd(m): 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
OBJ's intention is getting clearer by the day. One will just discover at the end of the day that it is the same set of people that we have been complaining about that will migrate to the new Party.

And the rigmarole continues!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by jaxxy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
ivandragon:
recycling numbskulls in Nigeria...

the Nigerian sociopolitical development structure is flawed.

it is designed to keep the incompetent & self-centered politicians in power while those with a clear vision beyond mindless rhetorics & divisive politricks are screened out...

If obasanjo shud succeed at this third force he has to field it with new breeds and young bt competent minds/people who can change things based on their previous capacity and accomplishment and even potential. Its has to be good mixture of old and new generation. The issue is finding the competent new generation that are ready to take this mantle is not an easy task... its takes more than just interllect to lead. There is a long list of criteria to meet especially to prove to the older generation dat we are capable.

How many competent youths are currently in politics make a difference in their small capacities? Im not talking about touts holding postitions or playing mundane politics

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by biggy26: 2:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
ODVanguard:
In as much as Buhari has turned out to be a colossal disappointment as president, I am afraid that OBJ's call for a 'third force' may end up brightening his chances of reelection and here's why I think so. It's almost too late to put together a formidable enough third-force that can unseat the current administration. That's just the truth.

Putting together a strong enough party platform to attain such a feat requires a lot of organization, horse-trading, high-wired politicking, and clear/competent political actors who are willing to commit and stake their political future toward such an entreprise.

Besides, I suspect that Obj is just playing to the gallery as usual, and that his real aim may be to dilute Atiku's potential votes in the upcoming elections in the likely event that he secures the PDP ticket. Baba is reputed to be a very vindictive and unforgiving fellow who has shown little sign of forgiving Atiku for whatever offence he may have committed against him.

A 'third-force' would most likely hurt PDP more than APC as such a party would cut and eat into the main opposition party's votes.

And lastly, Buhari's men are in on the plan now, and will use every means at their disposal (including federal might) to ensure that the proposed 'third-force' project does not see the light of day.
You said it all bro, my exact thought. In other words, if pmb comes back, it's obj's fault.
Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by ENIXCEL(m): 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
I tink all this old monkey pox leaders be kill and let the beautiful once be born... that is the only option in this shithole of a country
Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by ivandragon: 3:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
jaxxy:

If obasanjo shud succeed at this third force he has to field it with new breeds and young bt competent minds/people who can change things based on their previous capacity and accomplishment and even potential. Its has to be good mixture of old and new generation. The issue is finding the competent new generation that are ready to take this mantle is not an easy task... its takes more than just interllect to lead. There is a long list of criteria to meet especially to prove to the older generation dat we are capable.

How many competent youths are currently in politics make a difference in their small capacities? Im not talking about touts holding postitions or playing mundane politics

OBJ cannot be the 'avenue' for the positive change Nigeria needs.

he has his own agenda, motives & a key proponent of the old order.

on the issue of youths, I am not too concerned on the age of political office seekers, as you rightly pointed out, its more about capacity & a history of 'clean' accomplishments that really matter.

that been said, our political recruitment, which is a key part of the political process, is flawed & as such, recruits 'touts' who flood the political space.

the only way to filter the system is to redefine & remodel the parameters of political recruitment & electoral politics.

for instance, the minimum qualification to assume elective office MUST change. a school cert is just too low to hold such position. a person must have experienced a proper social interaction within a post secondary school environment...

2. we must inculcate the culture of political debates at all levels. not campaign rhetorics, but proper debates so that political candidates can show their level of understanding of the needs of the people & provide clear paths to addressing those needs...

3. All elected officials must earn minimum wage. NO ADDITIONAL ALLOWANCES except for the president, VP, SP SotHoP, governors. & for the aforementioned categories of people, their allowances must be clearly stated. & state governments should be responsible for the extra allowances, not FG (except for President & VP).

4. the civil society & media must be allowed to play a more prominent role in the monitoring of contract awards. any contracts above N500m must have at least 2 relevant & reputable CSOs and media house monitoring those contracts. this will reduce shady deals & failed projects...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by buhariguy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
CharleyBright:
I don't care whoever emerges as the President so long as the Candidate is not above 55yrs of age.
Am sick and tired of politician above 60years ruling this country.
Definitely not the old sickly bigot presently occupying Aso Rock who doesn't even know his real age or have Secondary Sch certificate.
less than 55yrs of age is immature,they can't govern Nigeria
Nigeria is not France

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by buhariguy(m): 4:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
AnanseK:

I wish these criminals so called law makers would all defect to another country.
you're right,
None of them can return in 2019

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by Splashme: 4:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
pyyxxaro:
I know say as all these issues de happen , Oga Jonathan go just de laff

E go just de drink Big Stout , de chop tolotolo

De romance Nollywood actresses as everything de Unfold grin

Wetin concern agbero with overload undecided
Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by kahal29: 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
aolawale025:

Put together properly, a viable third force would poach from APC and PDP adding also part of the over 50 political parties. Such a momentum would sweep the political landscape like a hurricane.

So, the National Assembly members are longer thieves? Haba OBJ! If the so-called Coalition for Nigeria , is to consist of aggrieved APC and PDP politicians, I don't expect anything different from it.
Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
MrsNgoziKalu:

www.punchng.com/obasanjos-statement-mass-defection-looms-in-nassembly-ex-president-contacts-lawmakers/
The painful thing is that, these APC politicians are just analysis Nigeria their failures technically. But no one is give solution on which way to go.

APC and Buhari's corrupt cabals, have failed Nigeria. All the Nigerian politicians have all failed Nigeria.

95% of ministers and supporters in APC were in PDP for 14 good years, they left PDP because of their selfish interests. So do others.

Buhari is old - APC lawmakers.
Buhari and APC have failed Nigerians - APC senators.

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by sharpwriter(m): 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
sinistermind:
I expected another mega party would be created but the question is, wouldn't it be just creating another kind of evil? Since it would be the same calibre of polticians that would make up such party
Only if the youths can arise and create a party, but we need sponsors... great financial back up to succeed. But it isn't easy. We gat rich youths across many sectors in the country, and entertainers who can pull youth crowd, but I don't think privileged youths have vision to help and improve their generation. It seems like a great task, but only if the awareness can trend. There's the need for support and the need for a great orator who can turn minds. Only if this awareness can trend, and only if we're truly fed up.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by Royaljustice: 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
MrsNgoziKalu:

www.punchng.com/obasanjos-statement-mass-defection-looms-in-nassembly-ex-president-contacts-lawmakers/
it seems this our egocentric leaders in the national assembly want to act another movie again.
yes I know its all about the new party . its called THE GREEN PEOPLE PARTY. FROM PRISON TO RULE, I can promise you all that anyone who in their connection, riches, wisdom, craft, and power feel they are the one to dictate what will happen in this country Nigeria will be frustrated and failed by God Almighty.
Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by PastorAji(m): 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
ivandragon:

OBJ cannot be the 'avenue' for the positive change Nigeria needs.

he has his own agenda, motives & a key proponent of the old order.

on the issue of youths, I am not too concerned on the age of political office seekers, as you rightly pointed out, its more about capacity & a history of 'clean' accomplishments that really matter.

that been said, our political recruitment, which is a key part of the political process, is flawed & as such, recruits 'touts' who flood the political space.

the only way to filter the system is to redefine & remodel the parameters of political recruitment & electoral politics.

for instance, the minimum qualification to assume elective office MUST change. a school cert is just too low to hold such position. a person must have experienced a proper social interaction within a post secondary school environment...

2. we must inculcate the culture of political debates at all levels. not campaign rhetorics, but proper debates so that political candidates can show their level of understanding of the needs of the people & provide clear paths to addressing those needs...

3. All elected officials must earn minimum wage. NO ADDITIONAL ALLOWANCES except for the president, VP, SP SotHoP, governors. & for the aforementioned categories of people, their allowances must be clearly stated. & state governments should be responsible for the extra allowances, not FG (except for President & VP).

4. the civil society & media must be allowed to play a more prominent role in the monitoring of contract awards. any contracts above N500m must have at least 2 relevant & reputable CSOs and media house monitoring those contracts. this will reduce shady deals & failed projects...

abeg bro help me manage those

Re: Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly by alohman(m): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
this old fools that call themselves politicians deserve mass burrier. with this caliber of people running Nigeria we can never near anything called development if you like fom more political parties my advice to my fellow countrymen is to look for selfdevelopment. nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Ignore My Tweet With Obi Poster' - JJ. Omojuwa / Ministerial Screening: Again, Fashola Clears Air On N78m Website / Afolabi Iwalewa, Gbadebo Odimayo Flogged At APC Congress In Ondo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.