Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? (2722 Views)

Guys, Beware Of Demon-possessed Ladies Out There / Ladies, Beware Of Demon-possessed Guys Out There / Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by Ibrahim3307(m): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
ikaboy:
When u see nacking as normal, check your self
is nacking abnormal?
Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by Ibrahim3307(m): 11:45pm On Jan 28, 2018
africansunite:
Simply walk into any white garment church ⛪

The evil � spirit will be heavily flogged out of you
lol@heavily flogged grin
africansunite:
Simply walk into any white garment church ⛪

The evil � spirit will be heavily flogged out of you
lol@heavily flogged
Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by Seun(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
Now, on your statement "Moderate drinking is not a sin; Jesus drank wine." Why would you believe in sin or no sin, since it's all a "fantasy"?
My definition of sin is "something that is not allowed in a particular religion". Drinking alcohol in moderation is allowed in biblical Christianity.

Perhaps you're just trying so hard to see who gets to join you in becoming an atheist, and if it's being so hard to achieve that in a person, you're planning to settle for the other option of encouraging them to live in sin.
I don't encourage or discourage sin. Some biblical sins, like murder and adultery and fraud, are wrong. Others, like telling lies to save someone's life, and safe sex in a monogamous relationship, are highly recommended. I try to encourage beneficial acts, and discourage harmful acts.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to take alcohol. I don't take it myself because soft drinks taste and smell better and are cheaper and less harmful.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by awesomeJ(m): 11:25am On Jan 30, 2018
Seun:

My definition of sin is "something that is not allowed in a particular religion". Drinking alcohol in moderation is allowed in biblical Christianity.

I don't encourage or discourage sin. Some biblical sins, like murder and adultery and fraud, are wrong. Others, like telling lies to save someone's life, and safe sex in a monogamous relationship, are highly recommended. I try to encourage beneficial acts, and discourage harmful acts.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to take alcohol. I don't take it myself because soft drinks taste and smell better and are cheaper and less harmful.
As much as I know about the Christian faith, alcohol consumption is largely prohibited.
There usually isn't any justification for telling lies. Give me a situation where you have to tell a lie to save someone's life, and I'll give you a way out of the situation without the need for lies.

Monogamous or not, Sex before marriage should not be encouraged. And I put it to you, that wanting premarital sex, and being able to keep a monogamous relationship over the long term are for most peeps quite mutually exclusive basically cos whatever pressurizes you into not being able to wait till you get married to the particular lady, will likely pressurize you into wanting it so badly with someone else. Having an early marriage would be a better fix to this. If the funds for your dream wedding aren't yet available, you can just sign the papers, and hold the party much later.

Now, you should know that there's no Christian standard that you can find fault with really, basically cos they are all instituted by the author of the ideal pattern of the human existence.

Hope you're having a wonderful day. God bless you.
Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by Seun(m): 11:40am On Jan 30, 2018
-- oops --
Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by tivta(m): 11:52am On Jan 30, 2018
serious oopsss
but seriously possession is just a mental state, what the person needs is deep meditation
Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2018
awesomeJ:

There usually isn't any justification for telling lies. Give me a situation where you have to tell a lie to save someone's life,

The year is 1943. . .you live in Nazi Germany, and Hitler has demanded that all female children be slaughtered. You/your wife have three kids (all girls) including a baby girl you just had. However, you didn't get the memo on time, so you couldn't escape. So you hide your kids in the basement. Some war-weary Nazi soldiers storm your house. . .but they're visibly too tired to search around. So they ask, "Do you have any female children? Tell us where they are and let's get this over with. Yes or No??"

Bear in mind that if you convincingly tell them no, they'll leave you alone, and you can plot/plan your escape.

(You're not allowed to lie by omission or twist the question/your answer. Just a straightforward yes or no)

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by awesomeJ(m): 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2018
AnonyNymous:

The year is 1943. . .you live in Nazi Germany, and Hitler has demanded that all female children be slaughtered. You/your wife have three kids (all girls) including a baby girl you just had. However, you didn't get the memo on time, so you couldn't escape. So you hide your kids in the basement. Some war-weary Nazi soldiers storm your house. . .but they're visibly too tired to search around. So they ask, "Do you have any female children? Tell us where they are and let's get this over with. Yes or No??"

Bear in mind that if you convincingly tell them no, they'll leave you alone, and you can plot/plan your escape.

(You're not allowed to lie by omission or twist the question/your answer. Just a straightforward yes or no)
That's quite easy, I'll tell them Yes, and my daughters will surely live. Fear is overrated.
By the way, what's more likely is that I would have God's sure covering over me, which would imply either of these three things:
1. He will instruct me beforehand to leave that environment with my daughters as He told Joseph to do with Jesus;
2. Should those people come to my neighbourhood while I am still there with my family, there will be a disruption that prevents them from reaching my own home. Could be anything from them just not noticing my house, to them getting an emergency call to return to base, to a natural mild storm. People have testimonies of being in buses or houses which robbers raid, but they and their stuffs get spared. I've heard it quite well.
3. Finally, should we get to the part where they ask the question, I'll answer yes, and I bet the devil's life that my lovely kids will surely live. God will either just touch the hearts of those soldiers-which He has access to, or they will be confused as per their choice of method to use in killing those beautiful girls, such that they choose an option which those girls will survive, or in the extreme and rare case of things we'll witness a manifestation of God's move which will get those men into anything from blindless to paralysis to mental derailment such as it was with Lot in Gen 19, and Elisha in 2Kings 6.
In any case, what I am utterly certain about is the fact that I'll answer Yes, and my girls will live.
I basically live a life wherein it seems in many cases that speaking the truth will cost me so much, but in each of those cases, I choose to speak the truth, and it pays off way more than telling a lie would have.
I remember one job interview I had with a multinational. It was for two days. first day I was the last to get there and I was about 40mins late that was an assessment day, and I didn't quite do so well. I stammered when I had to talk, I didn't have a pen when we had to write a report, and other silly stuffs like that. The next day was for interview with very senior managers-Executive directors, I yet got there about 30-40 mins late, and I was as well the last to arrive. The interview was already underway. Eventually when my turn came to get interviewed, one of the directors, a Dutch, asked- after some earlier questions- how long I had been waiting. I told Him in the presence of the other Nigerian managers that I arrived at 9:15am. Interview started at about 8:30am. In the end, one could tell that I had what would be judged the best performance among all 14 of us. The Dutch was so impressed that he asked that I'd be taken to the head of the department where he thought I'd fit, for another interview. There too a manager was so impressed at the things he heard from my really young self that he asked "where's all this coming from?"
Eventually I got called about the success, and even though I could have assumed speaking the truth would cost me the wonderful opportunity of the job, I spoke the truth, and things turned out awesome.
Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2018
awesomeJ:

That's quite easy, I'll tell them Yes, and my daughters will surely live. Fear is overrated.
By the way, what's more likely is that I would have God's sure covering over me, which would imply either of these three things:
1. He will instruct me beforehand to leave that environment with my daughters as He told Joseph to do with Jesus;
2. Should those people come to my neighbourhood while I am still there with my family, there will be a disruption that prevents them from reaching my own home. Could be anything from them just not noticing my house, to them getting an emergency call to return to base, to a natural mild storm. People have testimonies of being in buses or houses which robbers raid, but they and their stuffs get spared. I heard it quite well.
3. Finally, should we get to the part where they asked the question, I'll answer yes, and I bet the devil's life that my lovely kids will surely live. God will either just touch the hearts of those soldiers-which He has access to, or they will be confused as per their choice of method to use in killing those beautiful girls, such that they choose an option which those girls will survive, or in the extreme and rare case of things we'll witness a manifests manifestation of God's move which will get those men into anything from boundless to paralysis to mental derailment such as it was with Lot in Gen 19, and Elisha in 2Kings 6.
In any case, what I am utterly certain about is the fact that I'll answer Yes, and my girls will live.
I basically live a life wherein it seems in many cases that speaking the truth will cost me so much, but in each of those cases, I choose to speak the truth, and it pays off way more than telling a lie would have.
This is very easy to type and harder to do but if you think you can so be it wink Its also very interesting how you think that your god will do something miraculous to save you when millions of honest Christians die in the hands of evil people all over the world in cases where a slight touch from the master of the universe could've saved them. (maybe because you're a better Christian than all of them and they all weren't sincere, or because it was their appointed time to die- and somehow, you're so sure that its not your daughters' time to die).
Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by awesomeJ(m): 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2018
AnonyNymous:

This is very easy to type and harder to do but if you think you can so be it wink Its also very interesting how you think that your god will do something miraculous to save you when millions of honest Christians die in the hands of evil people all over the world in cases where a slight touch from the master of the universe could've saved them. (maybe because you're a better Christian than all of them and they all weren't sincere, or because it was their appointed time to die- and somehow, you're so sure that its not your daughters' time to die).
You may want to reread my post. it's modified. our faith is largely based on the experience we've had. what I wrote, I am so very fully convinced and certain of- More certain than I am of the fact that water contains oxygen.
Re: How Do I Know If I'm Possessed? by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
Seun:

What do you think about the Ashewo threads on this forum?
Don't you think they should at least be censored like the Islam section because of the harm they can cause to people?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Laws Of Favor, Keys To Activate Favour By Apostle Joshua Selman Nimmak. / Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? / Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.