Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration (9996 Views)

Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta / Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island / FG, Niger Republic To Partner On Rail Construction – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by lastempero: 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
FG should be mindful of this particular mineral because its not the regular crude oil they spill anyhow.
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by teamsynergy: 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
Blue3k:

Nothing because their leadership to dumb to make use of it. The population of millions can't survive off 1 commodity. Most the population poor farmers and herders from what I've read. They sit in darkness while exporting all their uranium to France to keep their lights on. It's funny how much this sounds like Nigeria with oil.
imagine , France give Them just 5% of the proceeds and they use the uranium to supply atleast 40% of France's electricity ...they current president of niger was the former head of areva so he is more or less a French puppy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by TheFreeOne: 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
He said they agreed and finalised plans on the exploration of minerals binding both Nigeria and Niger Republic, particularly Uranium, limestone and zinc.

Are we really ready for this? The FG hasn't been able to handle crude oil spillage that has devastated part of the ND successfully and now want to go into uranium exploration?

We are talking uranium here o. I mean URANIUM.

And must we partner with Niger republic on a sensitive business as this
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
Uranium? We've not been able to manage ordinary coal and we want to try dangerous Uranium. Where will the reactors be cited? I don't think we are prepared for this.
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by richeeyo(m): 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
Do Nigerians even realize how poisonous that thing is It can contaminate a whole town's water source from deep underground A lot would be dead before they know the course
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by tarano: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2018
Okay When is Nigeria going to partner Benin republic and Cameroon in Oil and Gas exploration.
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by johnaruson(m): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2018
boko haram will hijack the uranium for nuclear war
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by sulaak(m): 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2018
A complete waste of time. Nigerian cannot maintain a multi-billion dollar nuclear research centre

INVESTIGATION: The appalling, risky state of Nigeria’s multi-billion Naira Nuclear Technology Centre (1)
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/256171-investigation-appalling-risky-state-nigerias-multi-billion-naira-nuclear-technology-centre-1.html

INVESTIGATION: At Nigeria’s abandoned nuclear centre, failed projects, idle staff and ‘fraud’ [Part 2]
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/256828-investigation-nigerias-abandoned-nuclear-centre-failed-projects-idle-staff-fraud-part-2.html
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by TheFreeOne: 9:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Uranium? We've not been able to manage ordinary coal and we want to try dangerous Uranium. Where will the reactors be cited? I don't think we are prepared for this.

Don't be surprised when Buhari insists it be sited in the south despite the large landmass in the north..i.e sambisa forest
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by aku626(m): 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
Blue3k:
Interesting to see Nigeria partnering with Niger Republic on mineral exploration. The press should query for more details regarding deal. I'm guessing the uranium search is for future nuclear plants since its not listed under priority minerals. It seems the relations between Niger Republic and nigeria been growing under buhari a little bit.

The phases of plan make sense till phase 3. What exactly is he expecting future commodity price increase on. Is he also expecting future rise in oil for same reason. Other than that the plans ok. I notice they're still planning energy diversification with coal.

Front Page: lalasticlala
I pray the press presses on with this report, most are really lazy.
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by edward1106(m): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
Little hazards here and there, we can't manage. Now, they want to go and wake up devil (radioactive material) when it doesn't want to be disturbed
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
TheFreeOne:

Don't be surprised when Buhari insists it be sited in the south despite the large landmass in the north..i.e sambisa forest
I don't think they are serious with the pursuit. It's just one of those projects they execute with words. They've not managed ordinary dams and power well and they want to try a radioactive element. I doubt they have a clue on the power in an atom of uranium. I don't think something like that, if this government really wants to chase it, will be cited in the south.
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by Trexnemesis(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Where is the uranium deposit located?
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by LGDON: 12:10am On Jan 29, 2018
You wonder why America soldiers died in Niger

This is the reason... Uranium the reason they went to Niger
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by mapet: 8:53am On Jan 29, 2018
greatgod2012:
Another way to get their bank account fatter. After all,, 2019 is fast approaching, they need large amount of money for campaign!

I think this is a sly way to state that "you are not understanding......" wink
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by mapet: 9:03am On Jan 29, 2018
dahunsy:
Uranium Does he even know the meaning? Or its chemical properties? Its effect and uses ......english......t[b]hat's all u hear Fayemi speaks everytime[/b].....a lawyer as minister of mines and steel development [/b]a country that can boast of Experienced n qualified geologists even making waves in foreign countries....puting square pegs in round holes.....lips service all in d name of diversification,,,, [b]a country that can't boast of a standard laboratory for chemicals assay of its solid minerals talkless of having an active mine that can be developed......Alll we hear is English n gibberish all the time........may God run ur lives and generation the way you guys are runing this country

This is one of the problems I have with some of you university students that are yet to "see the reception of the corporate world" talk so ignorantly-arrogantly, making ridiculous statements..........

Bros,
FYI
1. If there is any minister in Mines and steel that has made meaningful progress to develop that ministry in the last 2decades, Fayemi tops the list
2. To suggest Fayemi does not know the "meaning of Urannium or it's chemical properties"....actually reflects badly on you and your education (to borrow the sub of Chimamanda). Ok we know you just studied it in one of your geology courses....
3. To suggest that Fayemi is a lawyer, reflects terribly on your scholarship. A simple google search will show you that Fayemi never studied law
4. No standard lab for assay in Nigeria? Bros, which bush are you from?

With your blunder on especially (3) above, do you think you are credible to even make an argument on the issue on ground?
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by mapet: 9:08am On Jan 29, 2018
bigpicture001:
..Uranum?.. did I read someone type uranium?..dt would mk the both counties even more target by the US, UN and also terrorists groups..yes,its expensive nd could massively increase our revenue..but has nigeria read about what happens to the radioactive waste from uraniun usage?... the law says, u discover,exploit nd export,and after being bought and used by your buyers,the waste from it is returned to the primary source for decomposition, which takes some times, 5milion years to disintegrate,yet very dangerous to come in contact with...they shld reconsider please ooo

Bros,

You know what the reality is? You see the "Uranium-ore" is there for the taking. If we ignore it, terrorists, black-marketers, foreign govts etc will get their hands on it one way or the other. You ever wondered how blood diamonds in Sierra Leone got to most boutiques in London, Paris and US? Yet Serria Leone is so poor as we speak........

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by geosuzzy(f): 9:51am On Jan 29, 2018
mapet:

This is one of the problems I have with some of you university students that are yet to "see the reception of the corporate world" talk so ignorantly-arrogantly, making ridiculous statements..........

Bros,
FYI
1. If there is any minister in Mines and steel that has made meaningful progress to develop that ministry in the last 2decades, Fayemi tops the list
2. To suggest Fayemi does not know the "meaning of Urannium or it's chemical properties"....actually reflects badly on you and your education (to borrow the sub of Chimamanda). Ok we know you just studied it in one of your geology courses....
3. To suggest that Fayemi is a lawyer, reflects terribly on your scholarship. A simple google search will show you that Fayemi never studied law

With your blunder on especially (3) above, do you think you are credible to even make an argument on the issue on ground?
people like u are the problem we have in this country brains always working upside down....English English that's all u hear them speak just as earlier guy said.....name a single Standard laboratory for chemical characterization of our ores in this country? Nimc in Jos is dead.....Ngsa lab in kaduna nothing to write home about....Name an active mine in this country developed by the federal govt Apart from 200% increase in cost of application and grants in MCO name another major step by the federal gov in making sure the diversification they have been crying about is on course? So easy to judge others lambasting people on social media but no single idea about the aforementioned.....generation of orphans
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by mapet: 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
geosuzzy:

mapet: :

Bros,
FYI

With your blunders on especially (3) above, do you think you are credible to even make an argument on the issue on ground?
people like u are the problem we have in this country brains always working upside down....English English that's all u hear them speak just as earlier guy said.....name a single Standard laboratory for chemical characterization of our ores in this country? Nimc in Jos is dead.....Ngsa lab in kaduna nothing to write home about....Name an active mine in this country developed by the federal govt Apart from 200% increase in cost of application and grants in MCO name another major step by the federal gov in making sure the diversification they have been crying about is on course? So easy to judge others lambasting people on social media but no single idea about the aforementioned.....generation of orphans

I sense comprehension issues with you here. Pls refer to my last-line submission in the previous post. I do not consider you credible enough to make factual statements when you cannot even get a simple occupation of Fayemi correctly, not to talk of ridiculous "he does not know the chemical compound".......Hmm, I don't know on what premise to engage you nor answer to "juveline questions" than to tell you to save yourself some breath and concentrate on getting out of school.
Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by Tunks2017(m): 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2018
shocked

Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by grandstar(m): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2019
Blue3k:

Nothing because their leadership to dumb to make use of it. The population of millions can't survive off 1 commodity. Most the population poor farmers and herders from what I've read. They sit in darkness while exporting all their uranium to France to keep their lights on. It's funny how much this sounds like Nigeria with oil.

Niger is too poor to harness the uranium as Nuclear plants cost a bomb.

Worse, it is a site of a murderous Islamic insurgency and were those idiots to blow up the plant, another Chernobyl will be at our doorsteps.

They should keep exporting until they have both the financial and security capability to build a plant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration by tck2000(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2019
grandstar:

Niger is too poor to harness the uranium as Nuclear plants cost a bomb.

Worse, it is a site of a murderous Islamic insurgency and were those idiots to blow up the plant, another Chernobyl will be at our doorsteps.

They should keep exporting until they have both the financial and security capability to build a plant.
Nuclear explosion cannot destroy Nigeria...Have you asked yourself where do russian,N-Korea do test their weapon??..Or are their countries bigger than ours?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERAP Asks EFCC To Release Shehu Sani / PDP Begins Moves To Reclaim Ekiti In 2022 / APC Intensifies Campaign For Mascot, Stresses Infrastructure, Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.