Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer (635 Views)

Top 5 Easiest Ways To Make Money Online In Nigeria / 7 Quickest Ways To Make Money Online In Nigeria / Identifying Scams Online And Avoiding Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by bongolistik(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2018
The rate of online scamming is on the increase and since we hate scammers we shall be providing you the easiest and quickest ways of identifying online scammers when transacting online.

It is not uncommon to know or hear that many online business opportunity seekers have been scammed online by one way or the other, sometimes no matter how smart you tend to appear, these online scammers still make their ways out of fleecing unsuspecting web users.

To continue to transact online freely, you must endeavour at all cost to be able to at least identify these scammers when you come in contact with them online or whenever they locate you with their malicious trick.

Nobody enjoys being scammed online and if you must stay safe, we have carefully presented to you the 5 easiest and quickest ways to identify these online scammers so you can always stay safe online .

1. Fake Social Media Profile – One of the easy ways of identifying these online fraudsters is to search or closely take a look at their Social media profiles/handles. Most of these online scammers often like using fake social media accounts to perpetrate their crimes in order to conceal their identities.

Most of them for example, you will notice that they have fewer friends on Facebook, and their timelines do have fewer updates.

2. Too good to be true offers – another way of easily identifying an online scammer is when he/she is offering you items or digital currency at a too good to be true price.

Always remember this rule of thumb; if the price is too good to be true, then it is definitely not true.

3. Quick to agree on bargains – These scammers often argue less during bargains and they will surely agree to the buyer’s price, since the only thing that they are thinking during the point of bargaining and transactions is how to fleece the unsuspecting buyer.

4. Part Payment request - now this is it; anytime that you are trying to transact online and the person that you are transacting with asks you to make a part payment on the item, and that after your part payment, he/she will deliver your item after which you will then complete the payment, wisdom demands that you should flee at this point without even looking at your back, because this is the pure languages of online scammers.

5. Escrow refusal – Escrow involves genuine middleman or agent in an online business transaction. Now online scammers would definitely want to refuse an escrow service during a transaction. If he/she is refusing an escrow service then there is high tendency that they are online scammers.

Though some of these online scammers are constantly coming up with different tactics to beat their unsuspecting clients, in all wisdom is still a principal thing when transacting and trying to avoid scammers online

Source: https://highteknology.com/2018/01/5-surefire-ways-of-identifying-online.html
Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by Captleverage: 11:01am On Jan 29, 2018
Terrible moniker names like bongolistik I mean what da hell
Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by okitikpo: 11:12am On Jan 29, 2018
Captleverage:
Terrible moniker names like bongolistik I mean what da hell
ignore the messenger moniker and take the message

2 Likes

Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by Captleverage: 11:25am On Jan 29, 2018
okitikpo:
ignore the messenger moniker and take the message
People with bad monikers are also scammers

1 Like

Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by Donald3d(m): 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
I partially disagree with no 2 and totally disagree with no 4
Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by bongolistik(m): 7:13am On Jan 30, 2018
Donald3d:
I partially disagree with no 2 and totally disagree with no 4
on what basis
Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by Donald3d(m): 7:23am On Jan 30, 2018
bongolistik:
on what basis
First of all , sometimes I give too good to be true offers if I am trying to retain a particular customer I know can benefit me in the long run and has the prospects to refer many more people .

Secondly to the point of paying upfront /part payment , I dont work without part payment , since sosme clients showed me pepper , now is 60 % sef before I start anything , if you negotiate well maybe 40%.

PS: I have never laid eyes on 70 % of my clients , I dont even know what they look like , and they are all Nigerians , some living in the same Lagos with me sef .

1 Like

Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by Bevima: 7:24am On Jan 30, 2018
One actually tried using number 3 for me. I gave him price a little above normal in case he decides to bargain, at least we will settle at the normal price. He didn't even bother to beat d price down. He just wanted me to go on with the transaction which was really absurd. I had to cancel the deal cos nobody will pay at that price, no matter wat, negotiation must happen. I wonder what people gain in defrauding others wen there are various ways in making money in this life
Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by darexkey(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2018
I totally disagree with number 4 what if the buyer is a scammer too. I have seen several cases of buyers receiving their products and failed to send payment.

I partially disagree with number too, it's not always true. Sometimes, i offer mouth-watering offers just to sell my products faster and beat other competitors. Other sellers do that too especially when it comes to service related offers.
Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by bongolistik(m): 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
darexkey:
I totally disagree with number 4 what if the buyer is a scammer too. I have seen several cases of buyers receiving their products and failed to send payment.

I partially disagree with number too, it's not always true. Sometimes, i offer mouth-watering offers just to sell my products faster and beat other competitors. Other sellers do that too especially when it comes to service related offers.
if the buyer is scammer and for instance he/she is trying to buy digital currency say Bitcoin, he/she might now be the one to request the seller to send part of the Bitcoin, and that he will pay for it after then the seller should send the remaining. These are mainly scammers language. They can either be the seller or buyer
Re: 5 Easiest And Quickest Ways Of Identifying An Online Scammer by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 19, 2019
You just won the internet!

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help On Fiverr / Work With Me / If You Are Into Freelancing And Looking For A Mobile Developer, Buzz Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.