Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line (17548 Views)

Fire Guts Lagos Blue Rail Station / Passengers Stranded At Rigasa Train Station Kaduna As Booking App Stops Working / Nigerians At Rigasa Train Station Buy Train Tickets To Avoid Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by saintkeppy(m): 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2018
laudate:
I have always said it: the Nigerian Railway Corporation is a clueless organisation riddled with a backward, unprofitable, archaic mentality.

A company that cannot update its website regularly, and still flaunts outdated info online with pride, will definitely NOT be able to think outside the box and provide online tickets. sad Even at their different terminuses nationwide, passengers cannot make payment for tickets using a POS machine. All transactions are always still done in cash.

In this days of cheap GSM lines and telecoms equipment, the NRC still lacks functional customer care lines, as well as real-time info about its departure and arrival times, and the cost of its tickets, to various destinations. angry

The company should be probed and restructured, to provide efficient services.

Exactly my thought. Thanks for this.

This is What You get when you have people that lacks innovations in managing a money-spinning govt. Organisation like NRC.
They can't just implement what is obtainable abroad here, all what concerns them is money in their pockets, maybe they think we are still in the '60s.
Technocrats with broad knowledge of Logistics&Transport should be drafted in to manage &save NRC from doom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by princetom1(m): 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
pol23:
The only thing that can be done right in this country is corruption.

Even that, they still doing it wrong

2 Likes

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by princetom1(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
saintkeppy:

Exactly my thought. Thanks for this.

This is What You get when you have people that lacks innovations in managing a money-spinning govt. Organisation like NRC.
They can't just implement what is obtainable abroad here, all what concerns them is money in their pockets, maybe they think we are still in the '60s.
Technocrats with broad knowledge of Logistics&Transport should be drafted in to manage &save NRC from doom!

Wetin una dey talk sef, that's a long thing, go to these stations... Na old papas u go see... What does these grandfather can do differently? Nothing

1 Like

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by Harkholarworle(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
The most annoying thing is that this people people know what they are suppose to do but cos of selfish interest and their pocket, they know go do am, chaiiiiii, Nigeria don suffer, Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, almost everybody nah thief for his or her backyard, thief thief thief everywhere, I weep for my country

1 Like

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by saintkeppy(m): 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
princetom1:

Wetin una dey talk sef, that's a long thing, go to these stations... Na old papas u go see... What does these grandfather can do differently? Nothing

But How long can we remain like This? old papas Abokis @the helm of affairs.

I was 1 of the happiest Nigerian to see the trains back on tracks.
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by Witnes: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
To dey 4lo this train now go make sense, no kidnapping, armed robbery, Fulani deadly criminals like in Abuja/Kaduna high way.
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by NoToPile: 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
Well not governments fault.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, should the govt employ people t monitor them again?

1 Like

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by phillinzguy(m): 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
Naija... Ehn!
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by erico2k2(m): 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
LordAdam16:

I actually do not like that idea.

That's DISCOs 2.0.

-Lord
This is a different Sector,they will have to make money, the only way the DISCOs are making money is cos the whole system was politicalized.They charge you for what they dont give you but in tis sector you cant do that, no service no pay simple, this is why the telecoms sector is booming,
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by erico2k2(m): 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
Customsrecruitm:
Nigerian Customs is offering jobs to interested Nigerians. Job offers are open to all qualifications, SSCE/WASCE is the lowest requirement. Send a mail containing your Curriculum Vitae to customsrecruitment012@gmail.com to apply.
SCAMMMMMMMMMMM

1 Like

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2018
Harkholarworle:
The most annoying thing is that this people people know what they are suppose to do but cos of selfish interest and their pocket, they know go do am, chaiiiiii, Nigeria don suffer, Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, almost everybody nah thief for his or her backyard, thief thief thief everywhere, I weep for my country
The Only reason they are doing this is cos they know weather they sell tickets or not they get paid govt will pay them but if it was private they must sell tickets.
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by Maxigoody: 11:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
oyetunder:
GOD will need to do extra works on the few Nigerians that will make heaven. IF NOT, our people will market the wings of angels. Repulic of Bad News indeed. Meanwhile, the party of Aare Ona kakanfo title continues in a particular church.

yeah story of a carpentar turned Ara On a Kafanfo in Yoloba land.
Abeggg gi NEXT!
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by smartolala(m): 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
This Goverment is a mistake
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by AreaFada2: 12:10am On Jan 30, 2018
Hehehehe!
Some will soon blame GEJ for this. grin grin cheesy
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by Blue3k2: 12:48am On Jan 30, 2018
iamloski:
your English is terrible

Coming from the guy who can't type witgout making a Run on sentence. I edited the comment after I longed back in.

Bluffly:

What do you expect, when the enlightened ones are not more than 10%. The rest are primitive.

Even the so called enlightened will surprise me. If government wants to start annother national carrier they'll celebrate like NNPC and NRC aren't terrible. .

1 Like

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by chukxie(m): 8:55am On Jan 30, 2018
What do you expect from Nigerians who are used to corruption? Our nation has become so rotten that ideas/initiatives that work in other developing countries are often a stage in Nigeria or simply don't work at all. This shameful phenomenon can be found in virtually all facets of life in Nigeria. So, I'm not surprised at all by the open display of corruption and inefficiency going on at the Rigasa train station. It's typical of what Nigeria has become. Go to Kenya and see how efficient their train services are. Their train stations are beautiful, modern, large and neat resembling something one would find in China. The Chinese built the railway infrastructures in Kenya, and they are the ones building ours, too. But the difference between Kenya's and Nigeria's is like day and night! Look up Kenya railway on YouTube. From the little experience I have from travelling and living abroad, I know buying train tickets is easy. Tickets can be purchased online the same way plane tickets are purchased. The setback of this method is that a form of identification is required to complete the purchase the ticket. Unfortunately, millions of Nigerians don't have national identity cards! Another way to purchase train tickets is to go to government approved ticket centres which are usually located near major bus stations. Another way to purchase train tickets is to go to the nearest train station to you. It's advisable to purchase your ticket(s) well ahead of your date of travel. The final way to purchase train tickets is the use of DIY ticket vending machines. We need to get things right in Nigeria for once.

2 Likes

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by LordAdam16: 9:24am On Jan 30, 2018
erico2k2:

This is a different Sector,they will have to make money, the only way the DISCOs are making money is cos the whole system was politicalized.They charge you for what they dont give you but in tis sector you cant do that, no service no pay simple, this is why the telecoms sector is booming,

What I mean by DISCO 2.0 is that the private sector would continue giving excuses and raising prices if they are put in charge.

Even in England tolls and the likes by private companies generate ruckus amongst the populace. In Nigeria where everything goes, it'd be worse.

-Lord
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by erico2k2(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2018
LordAdam16:

What I mean by DISCO 2.0 is that the private sector would continue giving excuses and raising prices if they are put in charge.

Even in England tolls and the likes by private companies generate ruckus amongst the populace. In Nigeria where everything goes, it'd be worse.

-Lord
nah not at all market forces would come into play, the consumers in this case have a choice unlike the power sector where we dont.The trains have a threshold,if their prices become unreasonable, we can always go back to the Busses or drive our cars.Besides, you cant pay for service if you do not get one unlike DISCOs,you pay light bills even though you do not have light hence they refuse to bring pre paid meters, if they do they will run out of Biz or be forced to upgrade the infrastructure like the Telecoms.

3 Likes

Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by LordAdam16: 10:56am On Jan 30, 2018
erico2k2:

nah not at all market forces would come into play, the consumers in this case have a choice unlike the power sector where we dont.The trains have a threshold,if their prices become unreasonable, we can always go back to the Busses or drive our cars.Besides, you cant pay for service if you do not get one unlike DISCOs,you pay light bills even though you do not have light hence they refuse to bring pre paid meters, if they do they will run out of Biz or be forced to upgrade the infrastructure like the Telecoms.

You do have a point. But trains would always have uses. In the UK, sometimes trains are more expensive than flights. People still use the trains.

And upgrading rail infrastructure is far more expensive than upgrading telecoms.

You can compare telecoms to refineries not rail.

-Lord
Re: Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line by hungryboy(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2018
Mermaida:
I'm not surprised, its the great NIGERIA
Hi Mermaida, i can't access the email, i used in creating this account, if you wish to send me a message, use mmammaebamma@gmail.com.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Plane Crashes In Algeria, 200 People Dead / Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here / Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.