Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Nigeria Will Not Use 'alien' Vuvuzelas - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Will Not Use 'alien' Vuvuzelas (750 Views)

Please Help, I Can Not Use My UBA AFRICARD To Fund My Williamhill Betting Site / Nigeria Will Not Qualify For 2015 Afcon / Prediction: Ghana, Nigeria Will Win World Cup (Prophet) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Not Use 'alien' Vuvuzelas by honeric01(m): 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2010
Nigeria will not use 'alien' vuvuzelas

Posted: 2010-04-15 07:01

With just two months to the kick-off of the 2010 World Cup, President General of the Nigeria Football Supporters Club Rafiu Ladipo has again stated that the official Nigeria Football Supporters Club would discourage Nigerians from buying or using the vuvuzelas during games involving the Super Eagles.

The instruments have been the subject of divisive opinion ahead of the World Cup and Ladipo described them as ‘alien’ and ‘noisy’.

”It is alien to our style and we will not go there with one or buy any in South Africa. We have a traditional way of supporting our team and FIFA has praised our style.

“Many teams have cried against the use of the instrument in football because of the deafening noise and we are not going to encourage it in Nigerian football.”

There is growing belief that with the World Cup staged on African soil for the first time, an African team can win it, Ladipo doubts the ability of the current Super Eagles team, and says only extra support can push the team far.

“We don‘t have the team that boasts of the quality that we had in 1994, therefore, the national team of today needs extra inspiration and that is what we want to offer.”
Re: Nigeria Will Not Use 'alien' Vuvuzelas by Mpele(m): 7:27am On Apr 19, 2010
Nobody have ever said the Nigerians must use the vuvuzela! The dude is big headed! The vuvuzela is a South African instrument, we will use it during the world cup. If anybody finds it noisy, then just don't bother coming down to SA.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Use 'alien' Vuvuzelas by honeric01(m): 7:39am On Apr 19, 2010
He never said SA or any other country shouldn't use it, what he said is that Nigerians shouldn't use it to support our team because we have our own style of supporting our team and horn blowing is not part of it, geddit?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Use 'alien' Vuvuzelas by RSA(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2010
The fact is majority of supporters who will be in the stadiums when Nigeria is playing will be South Africans,and we will blow those plastic horn until you get used to them.
2,5 of 2,9 million tickets where bought by South Africans,And we will make sure everyone know who the host are.
Vuuuuuuuuuuvuuuuuuuuuuuuuzela
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Will Not Use 'alien' Vuvuzelas by chidichris(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2010
who is interested wether nigeria will use it or not.
vuvuzelas have come stay and it is part of the hosting right.
if i will be in sa, it must be with my vuvus and mine will start having effects right from the airport down to my hotel room then to the pitch.
ladipo or whatsoever ur name is, concentrate on what u know how to do best but the unfortunate thing here is that the noise of the vuvuzelas will sure pass that or our supporters'club band.

(1) (Reply)

Fact About The Fifa World Cup / What Do You Think Nigeria Vs Arsenal Cancelling / Lance Armstrong stripped of all 7 Tour de France titles, banned for life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.