Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,217 members, 7,849,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:20 AM

How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu (19871 Views)

Polio: Buhari Thanks Osinbajo For Making Nigeria Proud / Utomi: Buhari Overthrew Shagari To Stop Ekwueme From Becoming President / Jagaban The Great (tinubu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by datribune: 9:35am On Jan 30, 2018
It is ironical that d man who hijacked d PDP & turned it into a conduit pipe of corruption thereby rubbishing d lofty dreams of its founding fathers now wants Nigerians to see him as a messiah.
OBJ will not be allowed to hijack power again thru d backdoor by bcoming Kingmaker.
dis govt should summon courage & revisit d Halliburton scam. d chickens will soon come home to roost for d fantastically corrupt Ota cultist. With no political base of support, even among his Kinsmen, OBJ will finally be demystified. Ajekun iya ni o je.
RIP to our dearly beloved patriot, Alex Ekwueme

1 Like

Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Crocky23: 10:02am On Jan 30, 2018
Tinubu talks from his as. S
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by RillJ(m): 10:08am On Jan 30, 2018
Tinubu may be the last to realize that APC is fast ditching the blame game.
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Amarabae(f): 10:08am On Jan 30, 2018
Why didn't you say it when he was alive?
Mr thiefenubu
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Aniwhyte(m): 10:50am On Jan 30, 2018
angels09:

Dominique seun lalasticlala insulting a nairalander deliberate abuse.
Cry cry baby, always crying to the mods...Shame
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by lagosrd: 10:50am On Jan 30, 2018
Keep fooling yourself. You will be dazed.
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by SirBunky85(m): 11:07am On Jan 30, 2018
Okanokan:
Am ashamed of Tinubu. He has shown how PETTY he is, and his poo and the visiting flies will follow him anywhere he goes.
Mr man,what are u ashamed of?is wat tinubu said not d naked truth? even if tibubu played a part in bringing in dis current adminstration to power,he just said d truth.I just wonder how most of behave atymes.u lots are hailing objs leta to pmb but fail to realize dat dis same obj were one of dose dat conspired to relegate Ekwueme in d PDP.pls let's not always allow unnecessary hate to cloud our sense of reasoning.pmb was just a creation of opportunity cuz d PDP derailed from d visions of d founding fathers in wch obj wasn't even among.if pple like Ekwueme were allowed to have a say in d party he founded,d name pmb wouldn't have arisen in d first place.
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by SirBunky85(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria would have been a super better place if Buhari did not truncate the govt Ekwueme was VP for no just cause and used brazen bigotry to jail him ..
lol.dis my guy self.d issue of 1983 is different from what tinubu is saying.Ekwueme would've done well had d PDP given him his rightful place as a founding father. but,obj and some of my Igbo brothers schemed him out. I just blame gin sha for even venturing into naija politics cuz,he's too gentle and quiet for our type of politics

1 Like

Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Lomprico2: 11:21am On Jan 30, 2018
SanusiGworo:
What sort of nonsense is Tinubu talking about?

Trying to curry sentiments and support from SE.
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
yarimo:
GBENUSOUN nigeria's most respected elder Statesman has spoken Lobatan.
did u say most respected? A cocaine indicted runner? A murderer (funsho williams nd co) tinubu that shared a whole lagos to himself? Man is either. U stop being sentimental or you shld simply accept truth nd realities.
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by yarimo(m): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
IjeleNwa:
did u say most respected? A cocaine indicted runner? A murderer (funsho williams nd co) tinubu that shared a whole lagos to himself? Man is either. U stop being sentimental or you shld simply accept truth nd realities.
post evidence of all what you have said or GBENUSOUN grin tongue
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by ozimec(m): 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has claimed that Nigeria would have been a better place if the late former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme, was allowed to play his rightful role in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Tinubu stated this in a tribute to the deceased elder statesman on Monday.

He recalled the role played by Ekwueme in confronting the military regime and how he contributed to the formation of the PDP.

“As vice president, he showed himself to be an invaluable asset in governance of the nation. He was loyal to his boss and most importantly was ever faithful to the nation.

“He was genuinely concerned about bringing about a better Nigeria. His time and energy were geared towards nationalistic issues. He was always at the forefront of efforts to resolve problems. His deep intellectual interventions often helped the country navigate through critical periods and troubled times.

“Those of us who cherish democracy and those of us who celebrate the end of military rule in Nigeria must never forget that it was this soft-spoken man who mobilised the group of 34 eminent Nigerians that would put at risk their very lives and livelihoods to confront the oppressive Abacha dictatorship.

“The G.34 would later form the basis of the Peoples Democratic Party and Dr. Ekwueme was the founding Chairman of that party. I do not intend to delve into partisanship on this occasion but suffice it to say that had Dr. Ekwueme been allowed to play his proper and rightful role in the party he helped create, Nigeria would be a better place,” he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/29/pdp-prevented-ekwueme-making-nigeria-great-tinubu/

I totally agreed with Tinubu on this. Ekwueme was one of the finest presidential Aspirants in 1999 but unfortunately, the hawkers never let him see the light of the day. Today we are still suffering the effect.
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Paradigme777: 12:25pm On Jan 30, 2018
yarimo:
nobody FOIST anyone on US as you claim. Please speak for yourself
Zombie for life. undecided
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
yarimo:
post evidence of all what you have said or GBENUSOUN grin tongue
that's the same way they have been decieving you without eveidence......sothat you won't know u are being brainwashed
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by yarimo(m): 12:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
IjeleNwa:
that's the same way they have been decieving you without eveidence......sothat you won't know u are being brainwashed
no evidence abi? ok GBENUSOUN tongue
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Okanokan(m): 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2018
SirBunky85:

Mr man,what are u ashamed of?is wat tinubu said not d naked truth? even if tibubu played a part in bringing in dis current adminstration to power,he just said d truth.I just wonder how most of behave atymes.u lots are hailing objs leta to pmb but fail to realize dat dis same obj were one of dose dat conspired to relegate Ekwueme in d PDP.pls let's not always allow unnecessary hate to cloud our sense of reasoning.pmb was just a creation of opportunity cuz d PDP derailed from d visions of d founding fathers in wch obj wasn't even among.if pple like Ekwueme were allowed to have a say in d party he founded,d name pmb wouldn't have arisen in d first place.

Broda, if you have followed the tenets revolution you will know that the man who starts it, does not neccessarily become its leader. That Ekwueme was at a point a arrowhead of G34 does not in anyway mean he will be the benefiaciary of that struggle, come to think there was G19 led by Adamu Ciroma, Prof Ango Abdullahi, Prof Jerry Gana and a host of others that brought him in. Secondly dont forget that as a result of June 12 fiasco, the Yorubas were favoured as compensation for the death of MKO Abiola, also note that Alliance for Democracy AD did not meet the political party registration but was allowed because it was peopled by the Yoruba wing of NADECO, and Government as it were, were placating the Yoruba people. APP went into an alliance with AD and brought Falae to show that it wanted only Yoruba people to run for the Presidency, did the Yorubas in AD not shortchanged Umaru Shinkafi who was coasting home to victory in APP, so as Shinkafi passed on, Northern Leaders will come out to say if not for the Yoruba AD of which Tinubu was a part, shinkafi would have being President. I consider Tinubu as not only being PETTY but very CHEAP, for example if anything happen to ATIKU(GOD FORBID), he will quickly come out to say if PDP had done the right thing VP Atiku would have been President, yet also Tinubu also had the opportunity of assisting Atiku but he betrayed him when he went to Ota. Tinubu and the Yoruba people should know that they are greatest benefiaciaries of this guided democracy. Tinubu is Petty and Cheap. Anyway lets watch how the DICE ROLLS!
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by tonquendo4u(m): 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nwokea omachakwa ihe?
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Obidon042: 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2018
Abeg make una no do politics with this great man death... enough jare!!
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by SirBunky85(m): 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
Okanokan:

Broda, if you have followed the tenets revolution you will know that the man who starts it, does not neccessarily become its leader. That Ekwueme was at a point a arrowhead of G34 does not in anyway mean he will be the benefiaciary of that struggle, come to think there was G19 led by Adamu Ciroma, Prof Ango Abdullahi, Prof Jerry Gana and a host of others that brought him in. Secondly dont forget that as a result of June 12 fiasco, the Yorubas were favoured as compensation for the death of MKO Abiola, also note that Alliance for Democracy AD did not meet the political party registration but was allowed because it was peopled by the Yoruba wing of NADECO, and Government as it were, were placating the Yoruba people. APP went into an alliance with AD and brought Falae to show that it wanted only Yoruba people to run for the Presidency, did the Yorubas in AD not shortchanged Umaru Shinkafi who was coasting home to victory in APP, so as Shinkafi passed on, Northern Leaders will come out to say if not for the Yoruba AD of which Tinubu was a part, shinkafi would have being President. I consider Tinubu as not only being PETTY but very CHEAP, for example if anything happen to ATIKU(GOD FORBID), he will quickly come out to say if PDP had done the right thing VP Atiku would have been President, yet also Tinubu also had the opportunity of assisting Atiku but he betrayed him when he went to Ota. Tinubu and the Yoruba people should know that they are greatest benefiaciaries of this guided democracy. Tinubu is Petty and Cheap. Anyway lets watch how the DICE ROLLS!
but he said d truth nah
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
Aniwhyte:

Cry cry baby, always crying to the mods...Shame
Alternate moniker of "cursedabiola" serving a ban for deliberately insulting a nairalander.
Cc
lalasticlala Dominique marpol seun.
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2018
SLAPMUMU:

Cry cry baby.You broke the rule first by labeling her a thief.so stop whining.

Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by cursedAbiola(f): 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2018
[s]
angels09:

Alternate moniker of "cursedabiola" serving a ban for deliberately insulting a nairalander.
Cc
[/s]
what's this one saying?
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by beejaay: 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
Ecstasy154:

“As vice president, he showed himself to be an invaluable asset in governance of the nation. He was loyal to his boss and most importantly was ever faithful to the nation.

“He was genuinely concerned about bringing about a better Nigeria. His time and energy were geared towards nationalistic issues. He was always at the forefront of efforts to resolve problems. His deep intellectual interventions often helped the country navigate through critical periods and troubled times.

And yet he was imprisoned by Buhari for being a patriot and sent the head of that government to a house arrest on a ranch...you knew all this and still foisted such a bigot on us...it tells so much about u tinubu...psychophant everywhere
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by SLAPMUMU: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
[quote author=angels09 post=64641079][/quote]

Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by nuelyoyo(m): 4:20pm On Jan 30, 2018
Classicdexy:
lol, you look good thou.. Coughing
yea, she is pretty. But she is cursed, that's according to her moniker - CursedAbiola.
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by meccuno: 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
[s]
Ecstasy154:
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has claimed that Nigeria would have been a better place if the late former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme, was allowed to play his rightful role in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Tinubu stated this in a tribute to the deceased elder statesman on Monday.

He recalled the role played by Ekwueme in confronting the military regime and how he contributed to the formation of the PDP.

“Those of us who cherish democracy and those of us who celebrate the end of military rule in Nigeria must never forget that it was this soft-spoken man who mobilised the group of 34 eminent Nigerians that would put at risk their very lives and livelihoods to confront the oppressive Abacha dictatorship.

“The G.34 would later form the basis of the Peoples Democratic Party and Dr. Ekwueme was the founding Chairman of that party. I do not intend to delve into partisanship on this occasion but suffice it to say that had Dr. Ekwueme been allowed to play his proper and rightful role in the party he helped create, Nigeria would be a better place,” he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/29/pdp-prevented-ekwueme-making-nigeria-great-tinubu/

[/s] everything must not be sacrificed on the altar of politics to score cheap points. please respect the dead
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Aniwhyte(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
angels09:

Cc
Lol, who da hell is "cursedabiola" if i should say what's on my mind now u will cry to the mods again... Cry cry
Btw, since i joined Nairaland 5 years ago, i ve never been banned not even once... Why : i keeps to the rules always

So carry yourself and your "cursedabiola" out of my mention, before your crying makes me serve my first ban... Always crying. Keep crying it's good for your health
Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2018
Aniwhyte:

Lol, who da hell is "cursedabiola" if i should say what's on my mind now u will cry to the mods again... Cry cry
Btw, since i joined Nairaland 5 years ago, i ve never been banned not even once... Why : i keeps to the rules always

So carry yourself and your "cursedabiola" out of my mention, before your crying makes me serve my first ban... Always crying. Keep crying it's good for your health

Re: How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu by cursedAbiola(f): 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2018
Aniwhyte:

why you dey call my name anyhow na angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspension Of Doyin Okupe Null & Void — Labour Party Declares / How Young Nigerians, Professionals Can Get Jobs – Fashola / Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.