Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ (1195 Views)

Lockdown: Governor Wike To Distribute Foodstuffs (Photos) / Apc ;a Party Of Lies And Deceits :backfired Speech Again!! / Kanu Preaching Hate Speech Again And Ibo Keeping Mum (2) (3) (4)

Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by toltee4real: 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
At the RCCG rally held in Port Harcourt on Sunday 28th January, which had in attendance her General Overseer, Pst Adeboye. Rivers State Executive members both Governor Wike and his Deputy were in attendance. Governor Wike in his welcome Address recklessly says "I wish to declare that Rivers State is a Christian State, and We shall ensure every possible resources and power within our reach to ensure this stands".
Since this declaration, I have being watching and following all the social media, nobody as said anything about this. Imagine any of the core Northern state proclaim this, will CAN or keep silence like that? Will it have gone unnoticed in our social media? Come to think of it constitutionally, is correct? Is it sensible to av said that? Oh its not Islamization again, its CHRISTIANIZATION ABI?

Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by mohiozua(m): 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nigerians (including myself) are hypocrites. Our sanctimonious ways militate against positive developments in the country.

Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by ayoncox: 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2018
Wike is Wicked, I think he is right.
Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by yarimo(m): 12:06am On Jan 30, 2018
I am not surprise at all, WEKI always got drunk before attending any event.
Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by swagagolic01(m): 12:07am On Jan 30, 2018
toltee4real:
At the RCCG rally held in Port Harcourt on Sunday 28th January, which had in attendance her General Overseer, Pst Adeboye. Rivers State Executive members both Governor Wike and his Deputy were in attendance. Governor Wike in his welcome Address recklessly says "I wish to declare that Rivers State is a Christian State, and We shall ensure every possible resources and power within our reach to ensure this stands".
Since this declaration, I have being watching and following all the social media, nobody as said anything about this. Imagine any of the core Northern state proclaim this, will CAN or keep silence like that? Will it have gone unnoticed in our social media? Come to think of it constitutionally, is correct? Is it sensible to av said that? Oh its not Islamization again, its CHRISTIANIZATION ABI?

Rivers is a Christian state, ain't happy?? Move to gombe

Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by swagagolic01(m): 12:08am On Jan 30, 2018
yarimo:

Shut up, your elders farmlands are being destroyed everyday.. go and fight for them

Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by yarimo(m): 12:13am On Jan 30, 2018
swagagolic01:

Shut up, your elders farmlands are being destroyed everyday.. go and fight for them
is like you also join WEKI in getting drunk before posting in a public forum abi? grin

Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by tesppidd: 1:31am On Jan 30, 2018
Wike always takes politics to the presence of God.

Don't blame him though.

It's the 'gods of men' who always stand there and encourage him because of the millions of naira they would receive as offerings.

Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by ZZ22: 1:34am On Jan 30, 2018
Rivers is a CHRISTIAN STATE. Deal with it
Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by jchioma: 2:59am On Jan 30, 2018
ZZ22:
Rivers is a CHRISTIAN STATE. Deal with it

Just as Zamfara is a muslim state.
Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by Haganah: 4:04am On Jan 30, 2018
May the true God destroy anyone who attempts to insinuate or claim that Rivers State or any SS/SE state is not a Christain state.

Same way God will visit everlasting fire on anyone who claims Jerusalem for a God who manufactures bombs and dwells in a black box in Mecca.

Cursed be the man and mouth that disagrees with WIKE. Our territories are never part of the Devil’s League of Nations.

We don’t worship a God who packages virgins for murderers.

Tufiakwa!!!!

yarimo:
Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by Chongaiman: 5:14am On Jan 30, 2018
@OP

There is nothing reckless in Wike's speech. To refreshen your memory, majority of the Northern states declared themselves to be Sharia (read Islamic) states in 1999/2000 and began implementation of Sharia Law. I believe that the radicalization that followed the declarations was one of the factors that led to the rise of Boko Haram.

In Wike's case, I do not envisage any actions being taken to enforce ecclesiastical laws in Rivers. The governor was just restating a fact about the predominantly Christian population of the state. That is why you've not heard opposing comments from discerning people.
Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by Realjerome200: 5:20am On Jan 30, 2018
I expected Wike to say :River State will remain a Godly state not saying Christian state. Neither Christians nor Muslims have salvaged us from our ridiculous state of corruption. we lack godliness in all ramifications. Religion has terribly been misapplied in this ungodly country called Nigeria.
who is going to save from Christians and Muslims?
Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by Samusu(m): 5:45am On Jan 30, 2018
Hypocrites
Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by MahatmaGhandi: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2018
toltee4real:

At least it was just words. The northern states you mentioned have implemented sharia and are running a law that to them supersedes the constitution , they even have their own sharia police that operates parallel to the Nigerian police.
Re: Governor Wike's Reckless Speech Again........ by kenoc: 7:29am On Jan 30, 2018
OP
From your post you really want to instigate people to start abusing one another. Wike has not said anything bad. We have heard statements from so many highly placed Nigerians. Remember that PMB once said that he will ensure that Sharia is implemented all over Nigeria. You Know very well that The SS and SE is predominantly Christians.

Extremely Graphic Photos Of A Woman Whose Tongue Was Bitten By Poisonous Spider / The Battle Between Buhari And Atiku From The Twitter Poll! / Under Cover Of Condolence, PDP Seals Agreements With Saraki, 3 Govs, Legislators