Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders (15558 Views)

Kogi Deports ‘78 Northern Beggars’ To States Of Origin | Sahara Reporters / Senate Deports Young Ho Jo, Samsung MD. Says He's An Illegal Immigrant / Tension Grips Nigerian City As Separatist Leader Goes Missing - REUTERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Blue3k(m): 2:52am On Jan 30, 2018
The Nigerian government on Friday deported 12 Cameroonian separatist leaders who were arrested earlier this month, their lawyer said Monday.

Julius Ayuk Tabe and 11 others were arrested at Nera Hotels Abuja on January 6 and were detained at the Defence Intelligence Agency, said Femi Falana who has been providing legal support for them.

The detainees were largely held incommunicado, which included denial of access to their lawyers, doctors and family members.

However, the deputy representative of the office of United Nations Commissioner for Refugees to Nigeria and ECOWAS, Brigitte Mukanga-Eno, was allowed to visit them in detention last week, Mr. Falana said.

The treatment prompted the lawyer to file a fundamental rights suit to enforce the rights of their clients.

The Buhari administration was criticised for arresting the leaders in a defiant departure from Nigeria’s longstanding policy of being sympathetic towards freedom fighters.

Nigeria was widely praised for its support for the struggle against apartheid in South Africa.

Mr. Falana told PREMIUM TIMES that the Nigerian government was ashamed to announce the deportation, which is being celebrated by Cameroonian authorities as a major victory in their clampdown on Mr. Tabe and other leaders of the self-proclaimed Ambasonia state in English-speaking parts of Cameroon.

About 39 other Ambasonian separatist leaders who were detained in Taraba were also reported to have been sent back to Cameroon on Friday by the Nigerian government.

Cameroonian authorities said they have the men and vowed to put them through a thorough trial for their alleged offences.

“The group of 47 terrorists, among them Mr. Ayuk Tabe, has for some hours been in the hands of Cameroonian justice, before which they will answer for their crimes,” Cameroonian Communications Minister Issa Tchiroma Bakary said in a statement reported by Reuters Monday.

Mr. Falana condemned the deportation as “contemptuous of the proceedings pending before the Federal High Court.”

source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/257039-nigerian-govt-deports-cameroonian-separatist-leaders.html

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Yyeske(m): 2:55am On Jan 30, 2018
IPOB miscreants, how market abeg and how's my main guy Nnamdi kanu?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Yyeske(m): 2:58am On Jan 30, 2018
Afam4eva say something, I sight you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Yyeske(m): 2:59am On Jan 30, 2018
Afamefuna I am waiting for your response
Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Afam4eva(m): 3:01am On Jan 30, 2018
Yyeske:
Afam4eva say something, I sight you
What do you expect from me. I was going to ask you what concerns IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu with this issue now. Some of you have really lost it. There's a point where you should draw the line.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Yyeske(m): 3:06am On Jan 30, 2018
Afam4eva:

What do you expect from me. I was going to ask you what concerns IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu with this issue now. Some of you have really lost it. There's a point where you should draw the line.
What damn silly line are you talking about here?
This is a separatist group in Cameroon of which no country anywhere in the world would ever want to tolerate in its own territory.
Afamefuna, your demand is dead on arrival

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Blue3k(m): 3:07am On Jan 30, 2018
Man these guys are in hot water since the Buhari administration decided to sell them out. I don't get why Nigeria would bother to assist Cameroon when their soldiers regularly violate our borders. They kick out our refugees while we take theirs in by the thousands in Cross River. We should have remained neutral in this affair besides Nigeria just kicked out a dictator in Gambia. Assuming these separatist win by what ever meas we could take back Bakassi. Cameroon is only useful in efforts with Boko Haram.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Yyeske(m): 3:10am On Jan 30, 2018
Blue3k:
Man these guys are in hot water since the Buhari administration decided to sell them out. I don't get why Nigeria would bother to assist Cameroon when their soldiers regularly violate our borders. They kick out our refugees while we take theirs in by the thousands in cross river. We should have remained neutral in this affair besides Nigeria just kicked out a dictator in Gambia. Assuming these separatist win by what ever meas we could take back Bakassi. Cameroon only useful in efforts with Boko Haram.
Buhari needs to contain those misfits from Cameroon because of IPOB's madness and failure to do that spells doom for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Afam4eva(m): 3:10am On Jan 30, 2018
Yyeske:
What damn silly line are you talking about here?
This is a separatist group in Cameroon of which no country anywhere in the world would ever want to tolerate in its own territory.
Afamefuna, your demand is dead on arrival
No country likes a separatist group but that does not mean that the will of a people should be suppressed. As long as they are not breaking existing laws, i don't see what the problem is.

I don't have any demand as i'm not a member of any of such groups.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Blue3k(m): 3:17am On Jan 30, 2018
Yyeske:
Buhari needs to contain those misfits from Cameroon because of IPOB's madness and failure to do that spells doom for him

It doesn't actually if hes tactful. What do you need by misfits? You make it sound like a 35 year military dictatorship is a progressive society. I'm surprised you feel these groups are such a threat to Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Yyeske(m): 3:20am On Jan 30, 2018
Afam4eva:

No country likes a separatist group but that does not mean that the will of a people should be suppressed. As long as they are not breaking existing laws, i don't see what the problem is.

I don't have any demand as i'm not a member of any of such groups.
You and I know each other so well on this forum, when we always wanted Eze ndigbo nairaland, when you became a mod and and stuff.
We told our stories about our parents' experiences during the war and how we wanted Biafra back.
Not until IPOB you love and support so much came into the picture and I decided to crush anything Biafra from within.
I really don't care what you or any IPOB miscreant thinks about old yeske! later yeske2 after the crash and finally Yyeske, my opinion and that of several millions of igbos count too and not just a few brainwashed miscreants

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Yyeske(m): 3:23am On Jan 30, 2018
Blue3k:

It doesn't actually if hes tactful. What do you need by misfits? You make it sound like a 35 year military dictatorship is a progressive society. I'm surprised you feel these groups are such a threat to Buhari.
We are on the same page and saying same thing with different tones, I was only trying to warn IPOB miscreants that Buhari can treat their mess anytime he feels like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 30, 2018
What of retaliation?
Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Yyeske(m): 3:32am On Jan 30, 2018
Keneking:
What of retaliation?
Retaliation from who?
Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by shortgun(m): 3:41am On Jan 30, 2018
That's how Buhari will be bundled back to Nigeria after this administration and jailed....cos we know he will run away.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Pavore9: 4:07am On Jan 30, 2018
Can imagine the smiles on the faces of the Cameroonian officials while receiving the deported separatists.
Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by ipobarecriminals: 4:49am On Jan 30, 2018
sad sad angry sad
shortgun:
That's how Buhari will be bundled back to Nigeria after this administration and jailed....cos we know he will run away.
Nah u wan bundled and jail him?
Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by ipobarecriminals: 4:52am On Jan 30, 2018
sad South Sudan should deport/hand over that hunch back terrorist to NG govt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by uboma(m): 6:03am On Jan 30, 2018
Pavore9:
Can imagine the smiles on the faces of the Cameroonian officials while receiving the deported separatists.

It was wrong for our government to have sent them back to the Cameroonian authorities.

They won't receive a fair hearing and might end up being executed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Pavore9: 6:16am On Jan 30, 2018
uboma:

It was wrong for our government to have sent them back to the Cameroonian authorities.

They won't receive a fair hearing and might end up being executed.

It is so wrong but they did it with the conviction that the Cameroonian government will also deport anyone Nigerian government tag as a separatist/terrorist who happens to be picked up on Cameroonian soil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by uboma(m): 6:19am On Jan 30, 2018
Pavore9:

It is so wrong but they did it with the conviction that the Cameroonian government will also deport anyone Nigerian government tag as a separatist/terrorist who happens to be picked up on Cameroonian soil.

Too bad!

Nigeria and Cameroon needs to be reminded that Refugees have their fundamental Human Rights that must be respected at times.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Pavore9: 6:21am On Jan 30, 2018
uboma:

Too bad!

Nigeria and Cameroon needs to be reminded that Refugees have their fundamental Human Rights that must be respected at times.

African leaders choose to ignore that.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by AustineE1: 7:46am On Jan 30, 2018
Yyeske:
You and I know each other so well on this forum, when we always wanted Eze ndigbo nairaland, when you became a mod and and stuff.
We told our stories about our parents' experiences during the war and how we wanted Biafra back.
Not until IPOB you love and support so much came into the picture and I decided to crush anything Biafra from within.
I really don't care what you or any IPOB miscreant thinks about old yeske! later yeske2 after the crash and finally Yyeske, my opinion and that of several millions of igbos count too and not just a few brainwashed miscreants
Am so dissappointed in you,not because of your unguided utterances which you are welly known for over the years but because i thought at this age and time,you should have been matured enough to discuss issues constructively.
The two 'shithole countries' governed by old junta's,with no appreciation of the tenents of democracy,disregarded the UN charter on political asspylum and refuges.
Rather than you condemning there barbaric attitude,you are here jumping around with your ignorance...my question is,how did Nigerian youths got to this all time low?Why youths all over the world are changing situations and are positively influencing there social-political environment.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 30, 2018
Yyeske:
IPOB miscreants, how market abeg and how's my main guy Nnamdi kanu?
is kanu ur god?
the way una dy call am daily sef undecided
smh

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by ekems2017(f): 8:47am On Jan 30, 2018
Some times I am forced to think that Nigeria is cursed. How can you arrest people with playcards that are seeking for their freedom and leave those with guns that are killing people any how.

Because this people are from southern Cameroon that is why you arrested and locked them up and even denied them access to their lawyers of it were the other side of Cameroon you would have given them a place in Aso rock.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by EternalTruths: 8:47am On Jan 30, 2018
I don't know why they choose to work with Nigerian government instead of IPOB.

Well they shot themselves in the foot by not doing proper research about Nigeria under Buhari a Hausa Fulani

Jonathan a Biafran would have given them refuge out of understanding but never Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by DozieInc(m): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2018
But to arrest herdsmen sponsors na war.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by TheKingIsHere: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2018
Have you noticed that every southerner want to break away from anything attached to North?

Southern Nigeria wants to break away from Northern Nigeria, now southern Cameroon want to break away from their own north.

Everything north is never good.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by free2ryhme: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 30, 2018
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by Deathlezz: 8:50am On Jan 30, 2018
No pity for Southern Cameroon. They were part of Nigeria prior to 1963 when they held a referendum and chose to be part of French-speaking Cameroon. Nice play out.

A part of this country will soon start regretting her alliance with the uncounted lewd barbarians from up yonder.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Deports Cameroonian Separatist Leaders by EternalTruths: 8:50am On Jan 30, 2018
This is a blessing in disguise for IPOB.

Now the Southern Cameroonians will know that they need to partner with IPOB in bringing their plight before the international community.

Southern Cameroonians will start seeing Hausa Fulani elites the same way the Biafrans see them.

Buhari has misfired this time around.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Central Senate Poll: INEC Shuts Out PDP, APC / El-Rufai Visits Nuhu Baturen Makaranta Primary School / Femi Adesina: Buhari’s Visit To Tinubu Is On Goodwill, Not About 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.