Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Help! GTB Is Stealing My Money Through Sms Charges - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! GTB Is Stealing My Money Through Sms Charges (1316 Views)

My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? / Please Look At What GTB Is Doing.(pics Inside) / Innoson Speaks On How GTB Is Owing Him 8 Billion And Refused To Pay (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! GTB Is Stealing My Money Through Sms Charges by desmond2pk: 2:58am On Jan 30, 2018
Last month, I posted here how GTB is ripping me off through sms charges.
This month, I got a debit of N1000 plus , as sms charges. I 've not been receiving sms alert recently in every transaction. I only depend on my email notification and my app to check when transaction is done.
I wait to go to any of their branches tomorrow to deactivate my sms notification officially.
This is stealing.

Re: Help! GTB Is Stealing My Money Through Sms Charges by StephenOlgade(m): 3:36am On Jan 30, 2018
But unfortunately, the Sms alert is now mandatory. I thought they send you a message pertaining to this.
The only thing you can do is to file a complaint and let them go over your transactions. I know that they deducts N4 per SMS alert but, this one is too much for you o
Re: Help! GTB Is Stealing My Money Through Sms Charges by freeman67: 4:33am On Jan 30, 2018
StephenOlgade:
But unfortunately, the Sms alert is now mandatory. I thought they send you a message pertaining to this.
The only thing you can do is to file a complaint and let them go over your transactions. I know that they deducts N4 per SMS alert but, this one is too much for you o

It is not Mandatory... GTB just used the last CBN circular on it to cajole it's customers. I am using other banks too that I deactivated sms alert on their account because of excessive charges. (Diamond and FBN) none of them reactivated it back for me after that circular only GTB did.
Re: Help! GTB Is Stealing My Money Through Sms Charges by ipobarecriminals: 4:38am On Jan 30, 2018
dnt deactivate ur sms alert to avoid story tha.t. TOUGH.if you are in lagos,go to there Hq and complain. not the branch cos most od their CC are dumb upstairs
Re: Help! GTB Is Stealing My Money Through Sms Charges by desmond2pk: 3:12am On Jan 31, 2018
Yesterday, I went to a branch in western avenue, asked for indemnity form to stop receiving sms, I was giving one and I filled the form completely. So hopefully, gtb will not steal my money anymore in the name of sms charges.
If they do, I will take them to court and demand for N20m damages.
I have also started another arrangement to started using access bank apps for my business.

(1) (Reply)

Who Does Dredging Business In Port Harcourt / Online Business(es) Mentor Needed / How To Open A Foreign Bank Account And Earn $25 For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.