Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Woman Gives Up Ghost After Doctor Destroyed Her Intestines, Fallopian Tube... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Gives Up Ghost After Doctor Destroyed Her Intestines, Fallopian Tube... (360 Views)

Woman Dies After Gynaecologist Mistakenly Cuts Her Intestines During Childbirth / Woman Lives With Her Intestines Hanging Outside After Surviving A Shooting In US / Man To Hold Thanksgiving After Doctor Mistakenly Cut Off His Intestine. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Gives Up Ghost After Doctor Destroyed Her Intestines, Fallopian Tube... by slimjaney: 8:07am On Jan 30, 2018
kingsleyiwu.com.ng

Mrs Victoria Isaac, a 29 year-old woman whose intestines, fallopian tubes and other organs were allegedly damaged by a medical doctor in Abuja in her search for a child has died.

She died on Sunday around 4:00a.m. at the Maitama District Hospital, Abuja according to her husband, Aondovihi Isaac.

As at Sunday afternoon when Daily Trust health desk reached out to Isaac at the hospital, he was making arrangements to move her corpse from the hospital to Benue State for burial. Late Mrs Isaac was hospitalized in August last year till the time she died.

The couple’s lawyer, Barrister Jimoh, said in spite of the woman’s death and the purported death of the doctor, the case was still going to continue in court.

Isaac told our reporter that he didn’t know whether to continue the case with the death of his wife and the alleged death of the doctor, but added that he would seek expert advice and act accordingly.

The story of the couple was first published by Daily Trust on November 7, last year. Victoria had undergone some surgeries before the publication but a follow up operation could not be undertaken till her death, because she was not stable enough for it, Isaac said, quoting his doctors.

Thirty-two-year old Isaac, who is a farmer and student had taken Victoria, to see the doctor for medical assistance on their inability to have a child thinking their condition would get better. It however turned for the worse.

They had been married since 2012. “So we decided to go to a doctor at Orozo, Abuja who owns Niquad Clinic,” Isaac told Daily Trust in November last year.

He said the doctor, later identified as Dr. Aqson Warigon, asked them to go for a scan and when they brought the result to him, he told them Victoria had ovarian cyst at the left side and required surgery.

“He asked us to come back on the 7th of August this year. He requested for N50,000 for the operation. He later reduced N5,000 after I begged him. The operation was done on the 7th, and he discharged my wife on the 9th after I paid the money,” Isaac said.

However, Victoria could not excrete two days after leaving the hospital and they went back to the hospital on Friday 11th where the doctor placed her on some drugs, he said.

“Immediately after giving her the drug that evening at home, her breathing became fast and her body became weak, so I called the doctor and he asked that she be brought back to the clinic.

The doctor later referred them to Maitama District Hospital, Abuja where another surgery was done after several scans.

Isaac said that doctors at the hospital told him that the previous doctor had damaged his wife’s intestines and used some objects to tie the intestines up.

“They asked me to come with them into the theatre to witness what happened. They showed me what was done to my wife’s intestines by the previous doctor,” he said.

According to him, three surgeries were performed on Victoria at the Maitama hospital. After the third one, the doctor said that where Dr. Warigon damaged had been corrected “but that they have to bring out the intestine so that whatever she eats will come out through the place the intestine was before,” he said.

When our reporter visited the couple at the Maitama District Hospital, Abuja in November, Victoria could hardly utter a word. She was very skinny and pale. She also had a colostomy bag on her.

Isaac said her intestine was still outside her body over a month after the correctional surgery and that whatever she atedrained away almost immediately.

“But the doctors are making plans to carry out another surgery to return the intestine into her body, and they have asked me to buy some formular they called TPN formula. They asked me to buy at least six packs which cost N24,000 each,” he had narrated to Daily Trust.

Aondovihi wrote a petition to the Commissioner of Police, through his my lawyer, Barrister Hameed Jimoh, and the CP referred them to Maitama Area Command and the doctor was invited.

“At the police station, Dr Warigon denied cutting my wife’s intestines. He said he did not remove anything from my wife and that he is a general surgeon,” he said.

However last year when our reporter called Dr. Warigon’s number, one Barrister Warigon who identified himself as his brother answered the call and said the doctor died on Wednesday, November 1.

The Investigating Police Officer (IPO) at Maitama Police Station, Sergeant Akinola Kayode confirmed that the couple’s lawyer, Barrister Jimoh has notified him about Victoria’s passing.Asked the status of the investigation, he said “Since we were able to confirm that the suspect died few months ago, the investigation was suspended. Now that we have heard that the complainant or the victim herself is late, the investigation remains suspended. The question is, who are we going to investigate?”

A copy of a medical report from Maitama District Hospital signed by the hospital’s Senior Consultant General Surgeon, Dr. K. Osisanya, had confirmed that Victoria was seen by the unit on August 13, 2017.

“On examination, she was ill looking, in pains, a febrile, anicteric, dehydrated. Multiple fibrinous adhesions involving loops of small bowel and uterus was visualized but both ovarian and fallopian tubes not seen,” Dr. Osisanya said in the report.

The couple had said then that they were in dire need of support to meet Victoria’s bills and medical needs. However, Isaac said they did not get any financial assistance from government or organisations till her death.

SOURCE: http://www.kingsleyiwu.com.ng/2018/01/photo-woman-gives-up-ghost-after-doctor.html
Re: Woman Gives Up Ghost After Doctor Destroyed Her Intestines, Fallopian Tube... by stigmond(m): 8:08am On Jan 30, 2018
Sorry case!!!
Re: Woman Gives Up Ghost After Doctor Destroyed Her Intestines, Fallopian Tube... by marooh: 8:15am On Jan 30, 2018
U sure na Oga kpeme the woman?

RIP shaaa...

This what we see in Nigeria Mechanic
Sometimes self ur problem go increase after visiting workshop cry

Re: Woman Gives Up Ghost After Doctor Destroyed Her Intestines, Fallopian Tube... by Beremx(f): 8:15am On Jan 30, 2018
So the doctor does not know the difference between fallopian tubes and intestines? This kind of olodo doctor might not be able to differentiate between a womb and stomach. So much for being an idiot! RIP to the woman.
Re: Woman Gives Up Ghost After Doctor Destroyed Her Intestines, Fallopian Tube... by FvckShiT(m): 8:19am On Jan 30, 2018
- Fuçk shocked

(1) (Reply)

Methods That Will Help You(proven Methods) To Quit Smoking / Seven Simple Steps To Prevent Heart Diseases In Your 20s / Doctor Performs Brain Surgery On Wrong Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.