Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:30 PM

Minister, NFF Praise Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Minister, NFF Praise Super Eagles (333 Views)

Super Eagles Dance & Sing Praise Song On Their Way To Stadium (pics,video) / "We Are Good" - NFF President Pinnick Says, After Alleged Snub From Moses & Musa / Victor Moses And Ahmed Musa Snub NFF President Amaju Pinnick At Yaounde Airporta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Minister, NFF Praise Super Eagles by aipsafrica: 9:16am On Jan 30, 2018
Sports minister Solomon Dalung has praised the Super Eagles for qualifying for the semifinals of the 2018 CHAN in Morocco.

Nigeria came from behind to defeat Angola 2-1 in Tangiers on Sunday.

Dalung said, “Congratulations on your successful outing so far in the African Nations Championship. You still have two more hurdles to bring the trophy to Nigeria. I urged you to maintain your commitment, hard work and discipline which brought this emphatic win and go all the way to win the trophy.”

The minister, who is in New York for the 7th Economic and Social Council Youth Forum at the United Nations headquarters on Tuesday, also commended the team for their unity of purpose.

He added, “I urge you to continue in like manner and approach your subsequent games with the same commitment and dedication until victory is achieved.”

Also, the Nigeria Football Federation commended the Eagles for their performance in Morocco.

Chairman of the NFF Technical and Development Committee Yusuf Ahmed said, “The boys have really and truly done Nigeria proud. There are still battles to conquer but we must commend them for overcoming strong opposition right from the group stage to make it to the last four.

“Of course it is one match at a time. But I am happy that we have a team that have been showing excellent spirit and resilience, and I see them going all the way.”

Nigeria have been in the CHAN’s last four only once before – when the squad coached by the late Stephen Keshi eventually took the bronze at the 2014 finals in South Africa.

read more ; http://aipsafrica.com/2018/01/30/minister-nff-praise-super-eagles/

(1) (Reply)

Emerson Signs / EPL Transfer: Chelsea Sign Emerson Palmieri From Roma For £25m / What Multiplayer Gaming Really Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.