Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed (3424 Views)

THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed / Have You Read The Poem "Ajala The Traveler?". I Am Sure You Dont Wanna Miss Out / Gods And Legends. Episode 1. The Tale Of Ajala The Mortal That Became A God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
The protracted chirps from the tireless concerts of weaverbirds on the tropical almond tree climaxes with the raucous voice emerging from the hordes of children gallivanting around in the premises. Inside the fenced chief Gbajabiamila’s compound was¬¬¬- the almond tree. It is too tall, the clustering of leaves with thick shade branches extending over the fence into the other compound, while the children savors the moment by plucking the fruits from the tree.
Every morning before she woke up, her father has gone to work. It is habitual of Tade to surreptitiously move into Halimah’s room occasionally while she is still asleep.
Halimah almost had her heart in her mouth the moment her eyes met with Tade half covered face soapsuds when she woke up from sleep. ’yee!’ She screamed and shouted at the top of her voice.
‘Ahh! Tade, what is wrong with you? Do you want to kill me?’ She had her left hand on her chest and started panting like a racing horse.
Tade a four year old boy, headstrong, standing reluctantly just being scolded by her elder sister bursts into tears. She looked at him for a moment, drew him closer and wiped the tears off his face along with the soapsuds with her wrapper. She just consoled him.
And at that moment came the voice of the mother.
‘Look at this boy o! Here you are. Won’t you come and have your bathe? Abi won’t you go to school?’ The mother moved closer to Tade and carried him. School is what the mother says, as she just got him enrolled to a crèche down the town not far from the ceremonial hall.
‘Mama, ekaroo ma,’ she greeted her mother while she stood up from her half feathery bed, stretched and yawned.
‘How are you my daughter? Did you sleep well? I hope you didn’t forget today is your exam,’ She walked towards the kerosene stove and turned it off, then settled herself to watch it until the flame in the pot died out.
Her eyes fell on the wall clock that is hung just beside the frame of her beautiful artwork portrait. The portrait was presented to her from her uncle Banji on her penultimate birthday. Halimah could not believe her eyes, the crease around her face got thicker. She quickly went straight ahead to check the time on her phone, as if checking it would contradict the hour on the wall clock. It is no amusement. The time is 8:30am.
‘Ehh mogbe!’ she exclaimed. The JAMB examination is scheduled for 9:00am. Her head was pounding more from fright than from exertion for the thought of her getting from the town’s suburbs to the examination center somewhere in Lagos metropolis before the scheduled time, especially for a Lagos that is infamous for its traffic congestion.
Finally, she took the wrapper off her hour glassy body leaving the white pants on her moderately sized lobes of buttocks which is perfectly proportional to her bare turgid breasts.

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2018
please, moderators you can help my matter by pushing to the FP wink.
Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
She pulled off the embroidered Mickey Mouse pink towel from the door and dashed into the bathroom.
Perturbed by the governor’s convoy, that is followed by myriads of people dancing and singing chorus of praises to the governor in the black Toyota car resulting to hold up along the tarred road, a young man seated beside Halimah in the bus just let out a deliberately prolonged hiss, ‘mtcheeew! What is all this Rubbish? I don’t know why campaign should be done today. Do they want me to get late?’ He said in an angry tone and continued to let out hisses at intervals.
The word ‘late’ rang periodically in her ears; sweat covered her profusely, her heart beats faster at a rate almost than the speed of light. She cannot afford to miss this examination.
‘I think the governor deserves a second term. He has performed tremendously virtually in all sectors in the state. Indeed, one good term deserves another,’ a man seated behind her said.
‘It is only a politically blinded person would not vote for him. We all know the hardships his predecessors had made the masses go through and he has been able to construct tarred roads that now enables easy movement of vehicles,’ another man in dashiki uttered.
Suddenly, a woman in Ankara with face frowned burst out of the people in the bus in oppose to the latter.
‘Abeg! Make we hear word jare. What has he done sef? The people are trying to combat hunger and you are here talking about tarred roads. Is the tarred roads something we can put in the mouth and eat like food?’
It was an atmosphere of conversations in the bus as argument ensued. For the moment however, Halimah appeared indifferent to the waves of conversations and arguments. Her mind was preoccupied with the thought of not arriving late for the examination.
Finally, she alighted from the bus. She swerved swiftly to push her way through the crowd along the busy market. The smell of raw meats from the butchers by the roadside engulfed the thin air; the Hausa men stood with their sizeable calculator in their hand trying to persuade passers-by to come and exchange currencies.
The time is 9:15am. She was elated to see candidates were still outside waiting to be summoned into the hall for the exam the moment she got to the center. ‘Thank God!’ She heaved a sigh of relief.
‘Please let all candidates maintain a perfect straight line,’ A queue was summoned.
‘I hope you are all equipped with the necessary documents required to sit for this exam. If any of you refuse to present any of these documents, such candidate won’t be allowed into the hall. I reiterate- candidates will be denied access into the hall if the required documents are not presented. Am I clear?’ The invigilator said and the candidates chorused in unison ‘yes sir.’
As candidates were checked into the examination hall; just like the violent shaking movement that is caused by an explosion, Halimah was momentarily in a state of shock. She could not find the exam pass in her bag.

1 Like

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
She combed through her bag vigorously because she vividly remember that the pass was the first thing she took while leaving her abode. She felt she was unwittingly betrayed, her motion appeared dense and she shook her head pitifully at her present predicament.
‘I am finished,’ she said. All her efforts to persuade the invigilator to explain to him her predicament was futile. She grew sad and morose.
Halimah who was panic- stricken got encountered by a boy, who came in sight at that moment to ask her,
‘Hello! Excuse me. Do you own this? I think you dropped it in the bus,’ it was the young man who hissed in the bus.
Hurriedly, she snatched it from him to check and seemed about to burst in tears. It was her exam pass.
‘Yes! Yes!! It is mine. She said. ‘Thank you! Thank you!! God bless you,’ she jumped ecstatically
‘I tried calling you the moment you got down from the bus, but you were just as fast as the whirlwind,’ He said.
‘Have you also come for this exam?’ Halimah asked him.
‘Yes.’
‘I think you should be careful with things like that next time,’ He urged.
‘I will’ she stuttered a few words of thanks.
‘You are welcome,’ He said. But she is still confused of how it was possible for her to have carelessly dropped the pass in the bus.
‘So what is…?’
A roar suddenly went up from a distance with a raged voice.
‘You all have five minutes more to be checked in for this exam,’ the invigilator said to the candidates still hanging around.
‘We should go in before it is too late,’ she said. They joined the queue and were both checked in.
Eventually, the exam was over. Candidates swarmed out en masse from the hall with some of them clustering around to gist about the just concluded exam. Halimah quickly went to a nearby shop for she was famished and it didn’t take long for her to identify the boy from a distance and moved towards him.
‘Hello!’ She tapped him from behind
He turned to her
‘Hi’ oh! It’s you. So how was the exam?’
‘Fine’ Halimah said. ‘And yours?’
‘Good’
‘I just wanted to thank you once again. I am grateful. Had it not been you, I don’t know what could have happened. God will reward you abundantly.’
‘Oh! It is alright’. The tall, dark complexioned boy tried to shrug it off.
‘Maybe you should buy me a bottle of Coke in order for you to reciprocate. Or what do you think?’ He said jokingly.
She beamed, as the dimple on her cheek sank comfortably.
‘Anyway, Tunde is my name but you can call me T boy. What is your name?’
‘Halimah’
‘Can I have your phone number if you don’t mind

1 Like

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
He demanded. She was struck by the incongruity of his demand. She had wanted to say: Mr Man, we are meeting for the first time and you are asking for my phone number. What is wrong with you? Just because you helped me saw my pass, you now wanted to take advantage of it, abi. But she chose to be polite
‘Hmmn…No! I can’t’ she replied.
‘Why’
‘I have a boyfriend’ she said. Even though she had none, she had said it deliberately, thinking it should clear his thought of getting hook up with her.
‘Wow! Really My apology, I hadn’t imagined that’ he teased
‘Is it funny?’ did he know it was a lie? She didn’t think he did. He smiled so wide she saw his pink gums, and noticed that his teeth are covered in braces.
‘Not really. I am not asking for your number to be your boyfriend. We can just be friends. Don’t you like meeting new people?’
‘Ok, just friends.’
They brought out their phones and exchanged numbers.
‘Are you on any social networking site?’ He asked.
‘Yes of course.’
It was a cold night, it had rained heavily. Halimah reached home, fatigued, suffering a mild headache of the stressful journey from the rowdy Lagos down to her home but was later reinvigorated after she had a shower. While on the bed, she was going through the contacts on her phone when she received the message via Whatsapp.
Good evening. I hope you are not catching cold sha. And I also hope you didn’t forget my bottle of Coke. . It was Tunde. She smiled faintly and replied the text: not at all. Thanks for today. She continued to reply some messages until she slept off leaving incoming messages unread.

1 Like

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2018
It so happens quickly that Halimah, who just left home for market in the early morning came back to meet a protest demonstration on the road; which was caused by a spate of robberies at the students hostels not far from the campus.
The last robbery has caused the protest when a boy was machete on the head and a girl gang raped to death with the former later declared dead. It has now become a climate of fear in those hostels. Sleep was out of the question. They are watchful and insecure.
Halimah stopped by to hear the conversations among some students.
‘Countless times, we have reported these robbery incidents to the school authority but they have turned deaf ears.’
‘I even heard the vice chancellor said there is nothing he could do because the robbery is outside the campus. Just imagine the rubbish talk.’ A boy said angrily
In reply to the latter
‘There is callousness about him with no feeling of human understanding. It is his duty to protect us whether living on or off campus; I hope he is also feeling the heat in this gridlock. Maybe he will do something about it.’
‘The man is not even around. He is in the FCC custody.’
‘It is better he remained in the FCC than come back to start talking rubbish.’
Meanwhile, the vice chancellor has been invited by the Financial Crimes Commission (FCC) a day before the protest to quiz him on misappropriation and mismanagement of the university funds.
On the contrary, they remained in combative form, constantly exchanging messages through their phones on tactical suggestion, with more students joining the massive protest. They were also giving voice to the usual chorus of derision at the vice chancellor.
While the demonstration is going on; Halimah received the message via her phone
Lima where are you? I am at your house but the door is locked It was Renshaw, Her biracial course’s mate. Father is a British and mother is a Nigerian. He is usually called the Pinnochio among his friend because of his long and pointed nose.
Pinno, I am at the protest. Don’t tell me you don’t know about the protest? She replied his text.
Of course, I know. Just that I am concerned about Dr. Odewale’s assignment. But I’ll join you soon He closed the text. However, Tunde saw Halimah amidst the crowd and pushed his way through to meet her but she had already sighted him.
‘Here come the idiot,’ she nudged and whispered to Janet who stood beside her. ‘Hello girls! How are you doing?’ He greeted them, they both answered in a faint murmur.
‘I have been calling your number but you are not picking up. What’s up?’ He said. She didn’t answer until Janet left both of them.
‘I can’t believe you’d still have the audacity to call me. It’s just Hilarious.’
‘Babe, it is not what you think. You are imagining things. I can explain,’ He tried to grip her hand

2 Likes

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 8:18am On Jan 31, 2018
‘Abeg, leave me, what is it you want to explain? So you want to explain that…’
‘Lima, I have been looking all over for you. Here you are,’ Renshaw interrupted.
‘You should have tracked me with call,’ she replied. ‘What were you thinking?’
‘Sorry, it didn’t even come to my mind?’ He said.
‘Hey Tunde! Renshaw yelled. ‘My apology, I didn’t notice you are the one standing. What’s up bro?’
‘Pinno! I am cool. I have just come to say hello to the most beautiful,’ he smiled, in a way that made his pointed Adam’s apple moved up and down, as if he had swallowed a morsel of eba
‘I know you never lack an eye for beauty,’ they both laughed while Tunde puts on his sunglasses and left.
A part of her wanted him back while another part of her could not stand the distrust, unease and stress.
‘So are you two making it up?’ Renshaw asked her.
‘I don’t even know,’ she looked perplexed and stared at the laali across her hand.
‘Lima, it is better you listen to what he has to say than for you to go through these emotional upheavals. You know it’s affecting me also,’ He teased.
‘You are not serious’ she laughed. She likes to have Renshaw around her and enjoys exchanging banter with him.
‘Lest I forget, what is the title of that Dr. Odewale assignment?’ He asked.
‘Hmmn! Bookworm, I hail thee,’ She showed it to him on her phone while he collected paper from the man photocopying by the roadside and writes it out. Renshaw is such a studious young man and has been at the forefront in his class.
Not so long, the policemen arrived at the protest scene with their vans but were blocked by the students from moving further; thereby making them impenetrable.
‘Look at them. Yeye people. Have they come to arrest us? Where were they when the robbers were robbing and harassing our students?’ A boy angrily said. A shout of ‘No, no, no’ went up among the crowd when the commissioner of police came out to persuade the students to speak to one of their representative. He was rebuffed and booed. What they request for is simply: Send us the press to cover our plight as student. If not, no dialogue.
‘I should be going home before this sun dries me up. What about you?’ She asked him
’Let us walk together then.’
Ultimately, after long hours of several persuasions by the police which had proved abortive, tear gas canisters were shot in the air alongside the sharp sound of gun fires.

1 Like

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
Now, the protesters were force feed the diet of dialogue, as they dispersed quickly to avoid the choking effect of the tear gas.
They were about to enter her apartment when she heard
‘Pinno! What is that sound? Is that a firecracker?’ Halimah asked him
‘I wouldn’t know,’ he replied. Alas, they both saw some students running towards them, each of them trying to overtake one another, as if they had participated in a Marathon. One of them was Yinka who stopped by, breathing heavily to tell them.
‘The police have shot teargas oo. Everywhere is scattered.’
Finally, they ran inside her apartment as rapidly as possible. The air has been enveloped with the smoke from the tear gas. Now this time, in an almost grisly manner, some section of the students began to throw stones at the policemen. Canisters shot by the police are taken hastily by the protesters and thrown back at them. Sadly, a peaceful protest demonstration has engendered violence.
‘It baffles me that those that should be the purveyors of our security are the ones intimidating us, it is disheartening,’ Said Renshaw
‘Just imagine, we’ve come for peace talks, all they could do is to shoot tear gas and intimidate us with guns. Chai! What kind of country is this?’ Yinka said.
Halimah wriggled on her seat to the frequent sound of gun fires. She was scared.
‘Lima, do you have any food because I am famished,’ Renshaw asked while he flipped through the fashion magazine on her table. But it took her time to discern what he said.
‘Yes, I have some leftover food, you can check the pot.’
The protest became more brutal when Janet came in to tell them a boy has been shot in the eye by a policeman. Renshaw’s mouthful of rice was momentarily swallowed the moment he heard the news.
‘Jesus Christ! Has it gotten to that extent?’ He stared in bewilderment.
‘It’s horrible. They left immediately they shot him,’ Janet said.
Eventually, it was a mass hysteria when they went outside and saw students screaming in pains and tears. They got to the scene where they found the horrendous image and inhuman disfiguration of a young innocent boy lying flat on the ground, drenched in blood. The more she looked the boy on the ground, the more downcast and shocked she was.
After the deed was done, there followed moments of absolute silence, of utter disbelief. The students had not expected such a reaction from the police.
Not long after, in a frenzied manner, there was a revolt, where vehicles parked along the roadside were destroyed and burnt by the protesters, which was also accompanied by setting tyres ablaze on the road; now leaving the thin atmosphere engulfed with thick black smoke, so much for the young innocent boy.

1 Like

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 8:06am On Feb 01, 2018
‘I can’t believe this. I have always seen this in movies. Could this really be happening’ Renshaw was taken aback with how the protesters were destroying vehicles and properties.
‘Yes, this is going to send a signal to them that we don’t joke with one of our own. An injury to one of us is an injury to all of us. After all, it was a peaceful protest until they took a life,’ Yinka said in defense of the protesters.
‘I know. But how will the owners have personal claims to anything that is lost?’ Renshaw meekly asked.
‘I had wished it is the police cars they are destroying. They caused all this and ran away,’ Janet snapped
‘I think we should leave this place before it gets worsen,’ Halimah had heard and seen enough; she needed to leave. As they were about to leave the perilous scene, she received a phone call from her mother.
‘Hello, my daughter. How are you? We are hearing from here that you students are fighting? Is it true?’
‘Yes ma.’
‘Ah! Make sure you stay indoors. Do you understand? And be a good girl. Ehn oo!’
‘I will ma,’ she hung up the phone. Her mother usually ended phone calls with Ehn oo!
Before she could turn around to leave, she felt a splash of liquid on her face and tried to know what could it be, it ended up to have her hand stained with blood. She felt numb with shock, the usual crease around her forehead got thicker when she saw the person whom the blood emanated from.
The next thing that followed the incident was the multiple sounds of gunfire and tear gas canisters shot in the air. This time, just like the ram in a fight that reversed to come back with more powers, the policemen came back fully equipped in their large numbers to subdue further destruction of vehicles and properties by the protesters. Eventually, the protesters took off as fast as their legs could carry them into safety.
Yinka carried Janet in her arms and ran quickly into Halimah apartment because her house is closer. He had torn off his shirt to serve as tourniquet for her severed arm that has been shot.
‘Let us take her to the hospital. She is losing too much blood,’ Renshaw protested. ‘No, we cannot. It is dangerous out there and moreover this first aid should stop the bleeding,’ Yinka said, as he tied the tourniquet conscientiously. He had participated in a British professional training on Health and Safety.
‘What the hell’s wrong with you? We can’t just leave her like this, she needs medical attention,’ Renshaw said, getting increasingly impatient.
Halimah is still in a state of numbness and shock, she still do not want to believe all this is happening, as she sat close to Janet on the floor. ‘What should we do now?’ She asked while she gazed over Janet writhed on the floor. Yinka was furious when he heard Renshaw called him a bald fool but did not make it noticeable. He was diagnosed of alopecia at an early age- a disease that results from loss of hair from the head.
‘You should watch your mouth bro,’ He said. ‘Aren’t you one bald fool? I don’t know how you found it difficult to take her to the hospital. If something happens to her, the blame is on you,’ He pointed his finger at him.
‘I can’t also fathom how it is difficult for you to use your brain that the moment we get out of here we are doomed. So get that into your half breed brain,’ Said Yinka. ‘Excuse me; what did you just call me?’ Renshaw clenched his fists in anger.

1 Like

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2018
‘Half breed brain,’ Yinka answered clearly. They were about to engage each other when Janet gasped until she went into asphyxiation.
‘Are you guys even thinking? She has fainted. What should we do now?’ she was trembling. Tears slid back and forth at the bottom of her eyes. Each tear was a little spherical, and she felt like the world’s coming to an end. Renshaw and Yinka could proffer no answer while they stood like a drenched fowl, only they had supposed they had been under some spell.
His timing was precise when he came to knock on the door, but she wouldn’t open the door. She remained defiant as Renshaw and Yinka persuaded her to open the door. ‘I am sorry; there is no room for you to seek cover. You can find somewhere else,’ she said. It was Tunde behind the door.
‘Lima, should we let our personal differences costs the live you have in there? Come on, it’s not about me, it’s about saving a live,’ Tunde said persuasively. They were flabbergasted. Renshaw moved swiftly towards the door and open; followed by Tunde was the doctor who rushed quickly to check Janet’s pulse on the floor. ‘Thank God!’ Renshaw felt a buoyant of relief at the sight of the doctor. He brought out the stethoscope in his briefcase and checked her heartbeat.
While the doctor’s busy attending to her, Renshaw asked Tunde of how he knew about the incident since nobody seems to notice, because everywhere was in helter-skelter and also happened in a flash. He replied ‘I was heading towards you guys when I saw it. Immediately, I called the doctor to meet me at the veranda’ ‘Eeya! So you have been around this house premises. Thanks bro,’ Renshaw appreciated but Halimah remained indifferent. He also said the shot was as a result of a policeman that misfired.
‘We have to take her to the hospital. She has a weak pulse,’ the doctor said.
‘Yes sir, but how do we do it since the situation is still tense outside,’ Said Tunde
‘Tunde, don’t worry. I will handle that. They will let me through since am a doctor. It is an emergency,’ the doctor left while Tunde mounted Janet on his back to the doctor’s car.
It appeared strange to him the moment he came back, he saw the door broken and looked through the room but couldn’t found Renshaw and Yinka, all he saw was a disorganized room and Halimah picking up scattered books on the floor. He asked in surprise ‘lima, what happened?
‘The p-police,’ she sputtered. They barged in to take them away’. She was sad.
‘Ah! This is unacceptable. So it is now a crime to stay in our house,’ he said in distraught

1 Like

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 12:09am On Feb 04, 2018
It has now become a widening climate of fear; the students were not safe neither from going outside nor staying indoors, as the policemen continued to break doors to forcefully arrest them. They have the entire place under siege.
‘Don’t worry. Nothing will happen to them,’ He tried to solace her
‘I think I should be on my way now’. He rolled up his sleeves. Even though he knew there is nowhere for him to go at the moment. Halimah was amazed at his incredible thought.
‘You are joking, aren’t you? Don’t you know how dangerous it is out there?’ She asked him. He frowned slightly and replied, ‘don’t worry, I will find my way through,’ She saw boldly on his face disappointment that she almost denied him of entering earlier.
‘Don’t take my word for it, you can stay. I don’t think they can come here again,’ she also said persuasively. ‘Thanks’. He took up the plastic chair from the floor and sat on it.
‘I should be the one to thank you for coming to our rescue earlier,’ Said Halima. ‘No problem,’ As usual, he tried to shrug it off. However, the moments was followed by the echoes of gun fires shot by the police as the air still hung heavy of smokes of the tear gas. They tried to call Renshaw and Yinka phone numbers but it’s not going through. While surfing the internet on his phone, he saw and called out
‘It’s the commissioner of police. He has ordered the policemen that they must arrest students and also the press is even on the side of the police,’ He showed his phone to Halimah that saw the news headline: students went violent by beating policemen. ‘Unbelievable’ she exclaimed. ‘But we didn’t beat any policemen. Now the people will think we are the architects of the violence,’ she was worried.
‘I know the press will always be a subservient of the police. They will not even listen to our own side of the story. Amateur journalism,’ He hissed.
Later, Tunde received a text message from the doctor that Janet had regained consciousness.

1 Like

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 12:32am On Feb 11, 2018
Halimah sprang into ecstasy of hearing the good news. He watched her while she jumped staring at her lobes of buttocks. He had missed her.
‘I didn’t Bleep her’. He said sharply without hesitation.
‘Excuse me.’
‘Yes, I didn’t. That obsessed bitch has been stalking me for a long time until she sets me up’. He nodded his head sympathetically.
‘Really’ she scoffed. ‘And you want me to believe all that, right? So the kiss was also a set up.’
‘Exactly, that is what she wanted in the first place. She did that in order to ward you off from me because she sees you as a threat to her. Your friend is one desperate bitch.’
‘She is not my friend anymore. I loathed her since that day. But you didn’t ward her off when she kissed and hugged you. Did you? She asked.
‘I tried to but…’ Tunde saw on her face a vague expression that she will not believe him. ‘I can understand it is hard for you to believe but I am saying nothing but the truth. There is nothing between us.’
She looked at him and saw on his face regret when a spasm of pity squeezed her heart. ‘But why didn’t you tell me Jennifer’s been stalking you,’ She asked softly. ‘That is where I screwed up. I should have told you earlier,’ He felt remorseful.
It happened shortly that she started gasping and giggling. He went on top of her caressing her until he slid into her. Hips continued to move back and forth, as she moaned, uttering words that are meaningless.
‘Whew! I cannot imagine we just did this under this tense atmosphere,’ she smiled in disbelief and stared up at the ceiling. Tunde could only stare at her. He had the most exciting moment that he had just regained something he had longed for. ‘It is alright babe,’ He kissed her forehead.
On the mind of Halimah were Renshaw and Yinka that were forcefully taken away by the police. ‘But these arrests by the police belittle our humane virtues. They are going to release them, aren’t they?’ She asked him in a keen tone. ‘Absolutely yes, they cannot afford to hold them for long,’ He provided her a satisfactory answer.

2 Likes

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
Alas, it was a peaceful atmosphere. The police returned carrying along arrested students but were later released on the intervention of the president who had also heard the news. Thus, the president of the nation addresses the situation when he said, the safety of the students would be ensured as necessary security forces would be deployed, and those whose properties destroyed shall have restitution. Fatalities, he also said, shall be given proper medical attention, as he encouraged all to restore dialogue to its rightful place.
They stood on the road opposite the faculty building when she said, ‘at least, things will calm down for now since the president has intervened,’ Janet said. She had her wounded arm bandaged.
‘It all seems as if nothing had happened yesterday,’ Renshaw said.
‘I heard the boy shot in the eye survived it but needs a surgical operation,’ said Yinka.
‘Really’ Halimah said ‘waow! That is good news you know,’ she reached out to pat Tunde’s arm. She leaned lightly against him- a lightness that was unbearably tender, as though she possessed magnificent reflexes toward him. She smiled and gazed into the atmosphere.

3 Likes

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by Gbemisola10(f): 5:32am On May 30, 2018
Interesting
Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by anneboy02(m): 5:00am On Jun 24, 2018
Wow really interesting

But hope it doesn't end here
Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 7:41am On Jun 24, 2018
thanks @anneboy.. its a short stort. But there's more to come..I just wished they"d pushed it to front page..
Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by Silver1996(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2018
Nice story.... Just keep updating.. U will b in front page
Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2018
Silver1996:
Nice story.... Just keep updating.. U will b in front page
ok.
Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by anneboy02(m): 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
dlawnoni:
thanks @anneboy.. its a short stort. But there's more to come..I just wished they"d pushed it to front page..

It will definitely get there
Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
I saw the link of this story on Souloho19 thread(The Hole In The Wall) and I decided to give it a try..
Well the introduction has captured my attention already... I believe it will be a worthwhile read..
Am. going to read it now....
WELDONE DLAWONI...
Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by dlawnoni: 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
EkopSparoAyara:
I saw the link of this story on Souloho19 thread(The Hole In The Wall) and I decided to give it a try..
Well the introduction has captured my attention already... I believe it will be a worthwhile read..
Am. going to read it now....
WELDONE DLAWONI...
sure..it's going to be..enjoy it

1 Like

Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by mercyymai(f): 8:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nice!
Re: THE PROTEST By Ajala Ahmed by lordmassac(m): 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2018
Beautiful handwriting.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Five (5) Best Motivational Books From Nigerian Authors? / The 99th Divorce (HOT) / Publish Your Book Free! @ Estrella

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.