Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 (4731 Views)

Hp's Elite X3 Is A Beastly Smartphone...running Windows / The World First Breakthrough Phone Running Windows Xp And 7 / Latest Nokia Lumia 900 Phone Running Windows Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by moonraker(m): 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2010
Wicked stuff, this is an ipad that would definitely catch my fancy

Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:14am On Apr 17, 2010
these chinks are really something else!!

if only they had quality standards and control
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by moonraker(m): 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2010
more pics, this time, an ipad running andriod os

Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:18am On Apr 18, 2010
make someone move this things into naija, for once i will by an imitation chink product!! as long as they dont get broken in record time, am game
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by daffur: 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2010
Cool. We need them here
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2010
but mind the battery life is bad though, like 1and half hours only
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by N9528GB: 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2010
its a killer gadget but bringing this machine out in the public offices or anywhere , it will definitely attract thieves even your secretary will steal it if she gets the chance grin
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by moonraker(m): 2:58am On Apr 22, 2010
Specs of this chinese ipad

Processor: atom 1.66ghz

ram: 2gb

Harddisk: 250gb

battery life: 2.5hrs tops
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by puskin: 3:49am On Apr 22, 2010
Is there any difference between the chinko ipad and the US Apple's ipad
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by moonraker(m): 3:59am On Apr 22, 2010
the real ipad has a 16 to 64gb flash drive

i think the ipad uses the snap dragon processor

and not atom,
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by puskin: 4:08am On Apr 22, 2010
mMm??. . . if this chinko ipad fine like this. . . . . that means the actual ipad will be WOW!!!
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by moonraker(m): 5:46am On Apr 22, 2010
mMm??. [quote][/quote]

The different btw the real deal and the chinese version is that the chinese

version has netbook specs, while the real ipad is more of a giant iphone 3g,
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by tony888(f): 5:55am On Apr 22, 2010
here is a site for ipad and all kinds of mobiles,they are made in china.

http://www.wise3g.com

Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:46am On Apr 23, 2010
the chinese one is more or less a regular pc, it runs windows 7 and other such os

the real ipad runs on iphone os,

the chinese one has the adv of being just regular kinda, but the real one has various stints abeg, check the specs for it on other threads or thru google.

were it not for quality concerns, the chink works for me hands down
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by lynxnoon(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2010
chei!!
na wah oh. . .
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by DualCore1: 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2010
I love our china brothers. Make them open branch for Aba.

How much is this thing going? I dont see it as chinko, I see it as something better than the iPad cuz it runs my "home" OS. grin
I go buy as long as the processor and harddrive are not chinko cheesy

4llerbuntu:

make someone move this things into naija, for once i will by an imitation chink product!! as long as they dont get broken in record time, am game
Some people no get money at all o, chai!
Make dem produce chinko penguin, u will buy, shay? cheesy
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by 4llerbe(m): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2010
Dual Core:

I love our china brothers. Make them open branch for Aba.

How much is this thing going? I dont see it as chinko, I see it as something better than the iPad cuz it runs my "home" OS. grin
I go buy as long as the processor and harddrive are not chinko cheesy

Some people no get money at all o, chai!
Make dem produce chinko penguin, u will buy, shay?
cheesy

Arrow!!! where av u been? i thot "they" finally caught up with you!!!

wetin concern u with this matter naw? ehn, and why drag the beautiful name of the penguin into this? May the penguin forgive u
u should know naw, say once i lay my hands on it, the yeye on top is gone in favor of the Great One!!!
dude, 10.04 comes out in a couple of days, hitch ur knickers man, its gonna be mind blowing!!
\

@topic, any one imported them yet?
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by moonraker(m): 6:08am On Apr 27, 2010
I gat two of my chinese friends bringing in 5 of these gadgets (Three win7s and 2 Andriods) into nigeria in the coming

weeks. i dont knw how much they would go for or when they would be

coming in, we will see. will keep u guys posted,
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by texazzpete(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2010
I'd rather run the iPad OS (limited though it may be) on a device with 12 hour battery life than Win 7 on a 2 hr battery life device.

The whole point of a tablet is its portability. If i don't need portability, i'd rather bring along my netbook.
I'm beginning to think Apple may have had the right idea after all. if they fix the multitasking bit, the iPad will be killer.
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by moonraker(m): 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2010
@ tex

are u saying that the ipad is a tablet?? if this is yur point, then i beg to differ,

cos its not and not even close. you forget that in the early days of tablet tech

from companies like hp, the battery life was abt 3 to 5hrs tops. this by the way

is normal becos tablets are basically normal computers but as you stated, they are

surpose to be portable and have touch screen facilities. wat i am saying in essence is

Yes! these chinese knock offs are probably not worth it, so as the real deal too, but if you

really sit down and analysize both devices, i think the chinese knock offs will destory the real deal, anyday

not forgeting the battery life issue which by the way rectified by making a modification of adding a removable battery,

in the end, i did just say different strokes for different folks,
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2010
i really dunno, but texazzpete, i have not used an iphone recently so i really am not speaking from all angles BUT:
i most def think that as a user, a tablet that does all my normal stuff (pc stuff) is worth more and more useful than a tablet running a phone os!!

i mean from where am standing (ignorantly) its not even a contest, thats like a pc vs an oversized fone, why will the oversized fone be better? the fone is useful becos of portability but in this case, there is no portability here!!!

anyway i think all this buzz about ipad is more about the wow factor (effizy sturvs) tablet, tapping on the screen etc, the Chink does that too incidentally.

Anyway, HP are due to launch one too with win7, so even if the chink factor is a problem, at least we now have a good manufacturer
apple wins with battery life, but if thats all it offers then too bad, i rather prefer my usual pc + effizy grin grin grin grin
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by texazzpete(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2010
Yes, it's a tablet. And by definition, a tablet is not tied to a particular OS.
The iPad provides a means for consuming media, it functions well as a web browser, media player, photo viewer and ebook reader, not to mention the huge volume of game available for the device.

This is targeted at people who don't actually need a full blown computer with them all the time. In your everyday life away from your base, how many times do you whip out your laptop? and for how long?

The iPad has its own serious drawbacks, but it also does certain things very well. And with the Appstore, there's always an app for every need.

A windows tablet will not get anywhere close to the iPad's battery life, best bet will be a linux distro that can run on low powered ARM processors or perhaps Google's Chrome OS. X86 CPUs like the Atom chew through battery life.
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by moonraker(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2010
so lets say that the htc HD2 came in a

much bigger fashion, would that be called

a tablet too??

i did not base my opinions on the software,

for me, the ipad is just an iphone, minus phone and camera,

its doesnt even come with an atom, via or atleon processor, its comes with a snapdragon pro (correct me if i am wrong)
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by texazzpete(m): 12:08am On Apr 28, 2010
It's a 1GHz processor, but not a Qualcomm Snapdragon.

And Nokia has been making several 5 or 6 inch internet tablets for a few years now.

The tablet form factor is well known and is independent of the OS it's running.
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by tony888(f): 11:27am On Apr 28, 2010
the China win 7 is 11 inch and its settings are better than the original one
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by tkb417(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2010
saw the Ipad with a friend yesterday and i think the connectivity issues will need to be resolved asap

ill wait till all issues are sorted b4 jumping on it

as it is, me think its still WIP

800-900 dolls isnt bad for portability/ease of carriage and with other added features
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by nazzyon(m): 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2010
Does the Chinese version support WiFi. That's one thing I am concerned about.

To enjoy it a light version of any OS will work well on it.

Ubuntu, Kubuntu and many OS's with relatively low requirements will load fast and enjoyable.

NOTE: I am not saying they don't have their weaknesses.

Good news with Windows 7
Attractive and Futuristic

Bad News with Windows 7
Speed may not satisfactory
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by nazzyon(m): 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2010
Durability matter

Does anyone here know the Full Spec of the Chinese iPad?
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by tony888(f): 2:35am On Apr 30, 2010
i know wink it has wifi
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by moonraker(m): 5:00am On Apr 30, 2010
@ nazzyon

pls scroll up again. the specs are on this thread,
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by rekeson: 8:01am On Apr 30, 2010
The chinese ipad is selling for 50k.
Re: Chinese Ipad Running Windows 7 by aieromon(m): 8:50am On Apr 30, 2010
Its pretty cheap with nice specs but these Chinese people have a way of creating products that have no durability value added to them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Hide Last Seen Timestamp On Whatsapp Without Root / Tecno J8 Screen / Tips On How To Activate MTN 2GB Mid-night Plan With 50 Just Naira Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.