Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

In The Eye Of The Storm. Love, Family & Finances - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In The Eye Of The Storm. Love, Family & Finances (458 Views)

Dance With The Storm | / Never Look A Nigerian In The Eye (an Essay) By Badiru Kehinde / Love Triangle 1 - The Storm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In The Eye Of The Storm. Love, Family & Finances by JoeyDdamsel(f): 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2018
[url][/url] mybleedingedge.blogpost.com

I was just 16 and thought I could do anything but little did I know my whole life will change soon with one little decision. I had a boyfriend, who took my virginity got me pregnant and decided he was not ready to be a father. I found myself alone with no help. I did not have the courage to face my parents or my friends with the news. I was sure I would not have an abortion because I would be killing a life and did not want the guilt on my conscience.

I made a decision to go away from home and have the baby. I moved to a place with no friends or family to help with what I was going through in my life. I decided to start a new life with the little money I had saved in my account but it wasn't easy. I found new friends with the neighbours at the little apartment I stayed, ladies who helped me during my pregnancy and also who were there during my labour.

9 months and 3 weeks later I welcomed my baby boy on the 28th of September. I couldn't believe that I could create such a pure being and I made a vow to be the best I can be for my baby. I want him to know he was never a mistake but a blessing.

I love my son and am prepared to do anything for him, but I was also determined to finish my studies, because I knew it would be important for our future if I did. Taking care of my son and staying up all night working on school projects was not easy. Not to mention how we had it financially. 2 years later I graduated with first class honours and got a job in an oil firm.

And even though I now work, my salary is unfortunately not that high, so I still struggle sometimes and have a difficult time giving my child all he would need. I never buy myself anything. If I ever buy anything it is for my son. Sometimes I was depressed and frustrated and felt like my life was over until my son said:

'Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be just like you. You are the best mummy ever!'

And so it was, one day, whilst I was searching for info on how to make your own website online, that I found a really good web host that is also a small business solution. So now, apart from my regular job, I have been building my own websites in the evenings for about a year and a half, and have started to earn money from them. Not so much yet, but the money is starting to come in - slowly but surely. This has really given me a lot of hope.

"It's not always about what happened to you, it’s about what you choose to do with it"

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

(the)rapist / We Need You To Write For Us / Chronicles Of A Disjointed Boy: Solitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.