Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,305 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Yorubas Help Me Out On Manu Dibango! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Yorubas Help Me Out On Manu Dibango! (1125 Views)

NEW MUSIC: Hunk Brownie – ‘party Manu (remix)’ Ft. Oritsefemi, DJ Arafat / Music: Hunk Brownie Ft Oritse Femi & DJ Arafat – Party Manu (remix) / Manu Dibango (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Help Me Out On Manu Dibango! by naijacutee(f): 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2007
Has anyone ever heard of this guy called "Manu Dibango"? I heard him on Yahoo Music and he seemed to be speaking Yoruba. . . or at least I thought he did. Can any Yorubas in the house confirm that he's speaking the language? If not, then I guess he's from some other African country that speaks Yoruba. . . (Which seems quite weird)
Re: Yorubas Help Me Out On Manu Dibango! by LondonCool(m): 5:15pm On Mar 04, 2007
Manu Dibango is from Cameroon and is a big time International music star. He exported the Makossa brand of Music to US and Europe. Michael Jackson stole the influences and lyrics on one of his songs in his Thriller album -"Wanna be starting something". There is a line that goes like "Mama sa mama se mama makosa, mama sa mama se makosa". They settled out of court. Manu Dibango speaks a lot of African languages and was close to the west African group "Osibisa".
Re: Yorubas Help Me Out On Manu Dibango! by naijacutee(f): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2007
Thanks for putting me out of my misery, LC!!!
Re: Yorubas Help Me Out On Manu Dibango! by drrionelli(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2007
It is so good to know that this artist is still very active!  Back in the early 1970s (I believe the year was 1973, in fact), he had a very popular recording in America known as "Soul Makossa" (I hope I spelled that correctly).  He is a truly fierce sax player!   cheesy
Re: Yorubas Help Me Out On Manu Dibango! by LondonCool(m): 12:05am On Mar 09, 2007
Thats true. I remember his trade mark Shaven Head and dark shades style (Just like Isaac Hayes)

(1) (Reply)

Congolese Music / Watch Video: Ghanaian Samini Accuses Psquare Of Stealing Azonto To Make Alingo / Xclusivegospel Top 5 Gospel Songs Of The Week | 18/07/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.