Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Kola Olawuyi Is Dead - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kola Olawuyi Is Dead (25667 Views)

Actor Festus Aguebor Is Dead (photo) / Kola Aluko's £50m Yacht JayZ+Beyonce Used For Holiday (pics) / Kola Olawuyi's Death(mysterious Or Not) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by agbana(m): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2007
tnu,never mind such is life we'll surelly join him one day or are u afraid of death? smiley
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by agbana(m): 10:09am On Mar 05, 2007
man-eater and tinu,never mind such is life definately one day we'll join him though his death was a great loss.pls naigerlander, let us all take heart. cry lipsrsealed cheesy smiley
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by agbana(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2007
nairalander sorry ooooooooooooowhat a great loss!!!!!!!!
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by bamdil(m): 10:40am On Mar 05, 2007
Sad and Shocking story. cry cry cry
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by TEEZERO(m): 10:48am On Mar 05, 2007
Well, he didn't just 'die like that.'
He has fulfilled his mission on earth. Jesus, we are told, spent only 33 years on earth, and His deeds are still reverbrating. No one lives forever. We must just try to live and leave something to be remembered by - no matter how small.
I enjoyed the short Yoruba poem by boledanas (?) That is really nice. I wish I could do that. Kudos.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Ronke2811(f): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2007
TEE ZERO:

Well, he didn't just 'die like that.'
He has fulfilled his mission on earth. Jesus, we are told, spent only 33 years on earth, and His deeds are still reverbrating. No one lives forever. We must just try to live and leave something to be remembered by - no matter how small.
I enjoyed the short Yoruba poem by boledanas (?) That is really nice. I wish I could do that. Kudos.
thanks TEE ZERO dat was really awesome of you, to me the news is still shocking , cos i was arguing with my neighbours while driving to work this morning.
may God gives the nation the heart to bear this great loss, to his family, God will never leave them.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by hammah(m): 11:06am On Mar 05, 2007
may his soul rest in perfect peace!
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by ronnieslimz(f): 11:22am On Mar 05, 2007
when my sis. told me after church yesterday i couldn't believe it i just waved it off untill i heard it from my bro. who got the news from the radio. . it was sympathetic i was really shocked cos just last week we were discussing him in my bunk how we prefer him to the presenter of labe orun can't remember his name and how he advertised zenith and intercontinental bank's shares. . men this is sad!!!

may his humble soul RIP.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by kinzolic(m): 11:25am On Mar 05, 2007
I didn't believe it myself until i saw it in d newspaper.May his soul R.I.P
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Blow(m): 11:49am On Mar 05, 2007
Death the inevitable!
What a sad end to a budding star
The yoruba media will miss him
N kan bee!
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by agbana(m): 11:51am On Mar 05, 2007
truely NKAN MBE shocked cool embarassed lipsrsealed kiss cry smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by freddie1(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2007
God knows best!
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by tunmininu(f): 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2007
Its so sad,they have finally gotten rid of him so they that they can continue their evil deeds,but God will definetely catch them.
Its so,so, sad.MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by lexylady(f): 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2007
It really is sad  sad although I do hv my reservations about his programmes,
I feel 4 his family,friends e.t.c.
There is a lesson in this 4 everyone,
No one is too powerful, holy, rich, beautiful, saintly e.t.c. to die
Death is a debt we all owe, sooner or later we all will pay.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by cammax7(m): 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2007
the guy made too many enemies because of that programme of his, his death no doubt was not natural i believe.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by agbana(m): 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2007
@cammax,but the guy is esposing the terrible secrete tof the wicked ones,is it bad to do that?
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by kutchie: 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2007
I hope poeple will learn from his death though he lived a great man but what mysteriuosly well may God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by saints2(f): 2:13pm On Mar 05, 2007
Quite Sad and pathetic,am still to believe it,So soon, hmm Nkan Nbe looto
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Modups1(f): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2007
eeyaah! so d man has gone?
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by la1(m): 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2007
nkan be, how true, so sad
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Adetutu211(f): 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2007
Its really sad and quite unfortunate but he is gone and we that we are left are to remember that we are all also going to the same place bt later on the the years God willing so we should change our ways (whichever ones we have) and turn to God
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by domwas2(m): 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2007
What about the cult thing?

may his soul rest in peace

My wife, mother and I belong to same cult

Many people see him as a spirit, while others simply believe he belongs to a cult with some strange, protective powers. Kola Olawuyi, popular presenter and producer of Nkan Nbe; a Yoruba mystical programme cannot but remain a controversial figure owing to the nature of the stories he presents on air.

As the creator and presenter of Nkan mbe, which is now a household name in virtually all parts of Yoruba land, Olawuyi is not just loved by fans, he is dreaded too. In fact, when Juju-Gospel singer, Yinka Ayefele (one of Olawuyi’s former staff) was involved in an auto crash that nearly killed him, Olawuyi was almost stoned for allegedly attempting to sacrifice one of his workers to his fetish god.

But as a man of God, Olawuyi said he chose not to react to the allegations, but kept quiet, and he eventually emerged victorious over the allegations. This gave him a good image among his peers, since he cleverly shunned the rain of abuses on him in the media.

He told Daily Sun that by relying on the scriptures, which states "in silence is your victory" and "stand therefore, having your loins girded with truth," he succeeded in quenching all the fiery darts of the wicked:

How I started
The programme first kicked off on Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) in Ibadan, Oyo State where I worked. After a series of the stories on air, the programme became so popular and people looked out for the myths on a regular basis.
Before I knew it, people began to peddle rumours that I belonged to a cult. I had to go solo with the same programme on Ogun State Radio (OGBC) and the myths then got so well established to a point that, I became a man to be feared or loved.
Inferno: Vengeance or accident?
I disagree that the fire that gutted my office and studios at Ipodo area of Ikeja in Lagos, was an act of vengeance.
It was an accident and I refuse to give the credit of that destruction to anyone. In the inferno, I lost my expensive video cameras, mixers, lamps and other equipment that many people sincerely believed could only be replaced by God. And truly, the great hand of God descended on me and within six months, Kolbim Communications bounced back to life in a more dynamic way.

By the time the fire visited and left us, I was left with nothing. I wondered how I could get the money to replace the burnt equipment and to secure another accommodation of that size and still continue to maintain my programmes both on radio and the television.
But I regained all my losses when God came to my rescue and today, the new Kolbim Communications complex has been built to reflect modern architecture, furnished to taste and totally equipped for work better than before.

Sponsors
I have none. The kind of programme I produce and present cannot thrive on partnership with anyone, especially if the partner holds the financial power.
Many good television and radio programmes have been rested due to the interference of the executive producers who often fall short of the necessary artistic design and execution of the producers.
For this reason, Nkan Nbe cannot allow for an executive producer, no matter how much the person is willing to put down. Once people are aware that there is a partner that holds the knife and yam, they would start putting pressure on him to dictate how the programme should be. And whenever he fails to obey, the continuity of the programme would be threatened. For me, I would never compromise the standard and role of Nkan Nbe for any one. Although it is expensive to run, I thank God for His provisions so far.

Between radio and television
It is easier to handle programmes on radio than on television. Radio is less expensive and production is made cheaper due primarily to its operations.
Television programming is time consuming, expensive and highly demanding because of the creative approach. One must always make sure that there is variety in one’s productions in order to keep the audience glued to their television sets all the time.
From set design to costume designing, scripting, presentation and body language, television production and presentation require high level creativity.

My stories
I source my stories like the average journalist does. As soon as I get a lead, I go out there to pursue the story. I do not run after stories without substance. I usually carry out investigative work before I do a follow up to a story. This is to avoid embarrassing all concerned. In this field, one must be found credible, trust-worthy and reliable. The slightest suspicion of moral or financial fraud is enough to put one off air and damage one’s reputation altogether. Besides, I neither judge nor condemn, rather, I allow the audience to determine their reactions.
At the beginning, I used to look out for stories. I made use of contacts and read newspapers to pick story ideas that I can work upon. However, as the programme gained wider acceptance, people started looking for me, either to tell their stories or relay other incidents around them or somewhere they know.
However, it is not all these stories that I investigate personally. Sometimes, I send out feelers to detect their authenticity before going out to work on them.

The cult and me
I have heard this several times but I just decided not to react to it.
The truth is that either directly or indirectly, every human being relies on certain powers to effect the cause of his or her life.
There are two cults, and by natural inclination, one must choose which one to belong at any given time. There is the cult of God and the cult of Satan. I must say categorically that I belong to the first cult which is the highest, the best and the most powerful of all.
All powers in heaven and on earth have been given to the head of that cult. With this power behind me, in and before me, I fear no one. Beside, both my mother and my wife are powers themselves that daily shed their energies to see me succeed. Both of them belong to the same cult that I belong to.

T.V presentation
I think there should be separation between the story to be presented and the topic for discussion. By the time you open your lines for the audience to comment on your stories, you have become the judge and the viewers, the lawyer. This is unfair to the characters involved in the story you are handling.
Aside this, valuable time is usually wasted on callers sending mere greetings. Ordinary greeting doesn’t bring any return or contribute to the artistic excellence of the programme.

Sub title
We have decided to sub title all the episodes of the programme to cater for the non-Yoruba speaking audience. This is made possible by the fact that we run recorded programmes. The innovation has started and we hope to do an appraisal very soon to determine its success. The outcome of this would either lead us to producing the English version of Nkan Nbe or we remain at the sub title level.

Marketing
I wanted to market the tapes and CDs here in Nigeria but when I studied the market, two factors stood against the idea. First, I discovered that the level of piracy is still high. The second factor is the insincerity of marketers themselves. I can’t imagine myself fighting pirates on one side and being cheated by someone who is supposed to be my partner in progress on the other side.
For now, I prefer to market my work outside the country–United Kingdom and the United States precisely. In both countries, business is done strictly on rules and regulations and there is little or no cause for alarm.

Music label
I intend to go into the production of musical works. What we plan to do is to register artistes, record them under our label and allow them appoint a marketer to sell their own works.
This is our little way to help young ones who are coming up to realise their ambition. However, it is not going to be an all comers’ affair. We intend to start with good artistes and go on to groom those with potentials.

Next level
I have not even done 10 percent of what I planned for Kolbim Communications yet. I plan to return Mystique; our magazine that got rested a few years ago. Also the production and presentation of Nkan Nbe will soon take a new dimension. I promise my fans and viewers a very pleasant surprise.

Wife
Ah, that’s my jewel, my heart, the love of my life, my lover and girlfriend.

Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by mandi: 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2007
May his soul rest in peace.
Please believe that it wasn't the felling of the tree that killed him, he might have had some underlying health issues like heart disease, cancer, only God knows. More about him here:

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2007/mar/05/newsbreak05-03-2007-001.htm
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by spikelord(m): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2007
May his soul rest in peace!!! cry cry cry cry cry sad sad sad sad
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by gbogboade(f): 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2007
nkan nla
loun to sele
iyanu looje
aah nkan mbe
may GOD grant his family,friends and fans ( most especially his wife n children) the fortitude to bear the irreparable lost
ADIEU KOLAWOLE OMOOLAWUYI
RIP
AAA AH NKAN MBE
sad sad sad
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2007
never heard of him till now.
May God comfort his family.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by NiteAngel(m): 4:27am On Mar 06, 2007
So unfortunate. People like Kola Olawuyi should be on the prayer list of prayer warriors. No doubt his fearlessness made him step on many filty toes. I will not support the idea that he was killed by the very diabolic schemes he lived to expose, he was beyond them! That explains why his body has found rest and his soul will live forever in the hearts of all especially those who were forced to set others free and retract from their evil ways.
O di gba.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by acidrop(f): 4:28am On Mar 06, 2007
who is dis kola, any1 gat pix
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by NiteAngel(m): 4:35am On Mar 06, 2007
Acidrop, Go to this link http://www.tribune.com.ng/04032007/news/news7.html The picture there is how he appears on television. Though fairly exaggerated to make him look elderly and in a position of authority. Trace back the comments and you'd find his pixs here too.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by WesleyanA(f): 7:22am On Mar 06, 2007
Nite Angel:

Acidrop, Go to this link http://www.tribune.com.ng/04032007/news/news7.html The picture there is how he appears on television. Though fairly exaggerated to make him look elderly and in a position of authority. Trace back the comments and you'd find his pixs here too.

thanks.I thought he looked really old to be 40something.
may his soul RIP
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by radiation(m): 11:03am On Mar 06, 2007
I was shocked when i heard the news. Well, he's gone and there is nothing anybody can do to bring him back. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Kola Olawuyi Is Dead by jaybaby(f): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2007
Hmmmmm !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Shares Cute Photo Of His Children / Mercy Johnson & Husband Dedicate Baby Purity Okojie / Don Jazzy & Psquare In South Africa For Video Shoot-Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.