Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition (56256 Views)

Muslim Women Protest Against Orò Tradition That Forbids Women From Stepping Out / Pictures Of Emir Palaces In The North, Where Tradition And Modernity Blend Well / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by coolie1: 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
f
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Millz404(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
Dimples129:
What a tradition grin

I'd fail in this case, you need a strong face! I play too much angry

Spider fit get web for that ur dimples
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by kidman96(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
Which kind traditions be that?
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Compliant(m): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
BruncleZuma:
How is this news for fuçk sake...

SEUN WANT YOU TO LEARN TRADITION BECAUSE INDOMIE GENERATION DONT KNOW THIS

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Hespee93: 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
End of discussion

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by brendan007: 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
I'm still waiting for the image that shows that she finally smiled undecided
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Lilimax(f): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2018
BruncleZuma:
It is actually the tradition there...trust me.
ok. Nwanna, where have you been all these while smiley?
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by beautyhound(m): 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2018
Dimples129:
What a tradition grin

Well, we cud carve u a strong one ASAP ma'am grin
Dimples129:
What a tradition grin

Well, we cud carve u a strong one ASAP ma'am
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by OgSammy(m): 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2018
BruncleZuma:
How is this news for fuçk sake...
. I prefer this to Bobrisky making news . At least I didn't know this before . One knowledge gained

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by 5banks: 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2018
start your online business with a beautiful website.
for more details contact: O81-8742-8339
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by olayinkai: 3:13pm On Jan 31, 2018
An lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by BruncleZuma: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
Lilimax:
ok. Nwanna, where have you been all these while smiley?
Sabbatical

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by nawtyme: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
Lilimax:
Which tradition? She for talk say her mind no dey for the marriage thingy jare.
Like say she was being forced into it undecided
Is it your business if she was forced? Marry your own and smile all you want. This particular bride wants to frown her face. Tradition or not how does it concern you?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by simplyOJ(m): 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2018
Omo! Then the brothers have to arrange so she doesn't smile
until enough cash has dropped.

See culture.
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Agbaletu: 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2018
It is Ijaw tradition, I have attended three Ijaw weddings. I didn't know until I was told that we have to continue to spray the bride money until she laughed after almost emptied our wallets.
I like it sha.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by wellmax(m): 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
Useless tradition
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by fabre4: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
ghiloman28:
OK THEN ... THAT MAKE SENSE TO ME

But he didn't say drink it
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Rooneyboy(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2018
Dimples129:
What a tradition grin

Good to know you play too much, it's someone like you one needs in his home.
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by guru90: 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
Madam why cant you smile? U be witch!!!!!
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Funkybabee(f): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2018
Oluwa mi ooooooo she go make plenty money for her family, if truth is this...any Ijaw lady here oo
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by okerekeikpo: 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2018
Na only dey observe the tradition? How person go just decide to spoil her own day is what I don't understand
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Emanade1(m): 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
Spray until she laughs? You will end up getting a loan just to continue spraying
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by UDIOK: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
Priscy01:
Yesterday, there were reports about a visibly “unhappy” bride who wasn’t smiling on the day of her traditional wedding.

The bride identified as Duchess Alexis, has reacted to the reports , and said whatever went down at her wedding is simply tradition.

She noted that in her tradition, which is “Ijaw”, the bride is meant to “Frown” after been ushered in by her friends and sisters, and then the groom and his friends/family are expected to spray her until she laughs.

Here’s what she wrote;

https://torimill.com/2018/01/beautiful-nigerian-bride-who-was-frowning-at-her-wedding-says-its-tradition.html

And where is the pics you smile after the spray...i only see the man smiling biko
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by johnbuck81(m): 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2018
Lilimax:
Which tradition? She for talk say her mind no dey for the marriage thingy jare.
Like say she was being forced into it undecided
madam...I'm Ijaw by tribe and I can fully attest to that. I have seen and experience it.

it's our tradition.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by johnbuck81(m): 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
Funkybabee:
Oluwa mi ooooooo she go make plenty money for her family, if truth is this...any Ijaw lady here oo
she no lie...that's the ijaw culture.
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Jayuba(m): 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
Dimples129:
What a tradition grin
I will help give you a strong face.
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by LandOwners: 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
what a tradition!!!!

My question is this.. are this traditional beliefs moving us forward or taking us backwards?

Why would a man spray you money till you laugh?

Does that mean it's only money that can make the women from the community laugh?
Does it mean that the marriage is built on money?

This tradition is just somehow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by hokafor(m): 4:06pm On Jan 31, 2018
Spray you with paint or what? That tradition get k leg
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Lilimax(f): 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
nawtyme:

Is it your business if she was forced? Marry your own and smile all you want. This particular bride wants to frown her face. Tradition or not how does it concern you?
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lists Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria, Which One Is Yours? / The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks / Learn How To Speak Hausa Language In Two Days (TUTORIALS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.