Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ (16083 Views)

Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 / Fintiri: Edo Is Technically A PDP State / Under-recovery: Fuel Subsidy Drops To N20 Per Litre — NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by bejeria101(m): 10:38pm On Jan 31, 2018
Barawo govt! Mr intergrity my ass!

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Desyner: 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
Technically . .

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Champele(m): 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
TheFreeOne:

Lol grin grin grin My belle o

Kemi's explanation on "technically today there is no subsidy but there is under-recovery" is akin to a witch promising not to kill her victims but will prefers gradually sucking their blood. Will the victims not die eventually?

It's a lose lose situation for Nigerians cos at N145 there's still scarcity so people pay more to get fuel and if fully deregulated at higher price we'll still pay more.

And for political correctness the government wouldn't deregulate now cos of 2019 election for fear of backlash which could make Nigerians to vote massively against APC.
Nigeria is still among the five countries that buy fuel at the cheapest price in the world. try to analyse before you start you blindish criticism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2018
dre11:

why nnpc is charging nigerians higher for fuel fg

http://sunnewsonline.com/why-nnpc-is-charging-nigerians-higher-for-fuel-fg/

Articul8:
This government is technically irresponsible

2 Likes

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by fonseca1929: 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2018
Please shift lemme technically faint for this government grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Champele(m): 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously APC lead Federal government don't have exudes on this

They said from 97 if moved to 145it will be available

Abegi
Look at the trillions spent on fraudulent subsidy that make you buy fuel at 97 then. All this money is now going to the right direction. imagine that policy(subsidy) and MMM and tell me the difference. PDP nearly killed this country

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by mekaboy(m): 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
Nigeria is technically not a shithole country, though it behaves like one.
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Paperwhite(m): 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2018
Adeosun.......................explained that though technically there is no more subsidy paid to oil marketers, the NNPC was currently under-recovering as the sole importer of product and selling at less than cost price, thereby losing huge sums of money to defray the extra costs of importation of fuel products.

*Clears throat* Technically,I doff my hat for the technically lying spirit of this technically corrupt Buhari regime.Me sef go school.
Technically regime defending zombies ekele'm unu.

2 Likes

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Myself2(m): 10:50pm On Jan 31, 2018
Buhari's govt is the most corrupt and deceitful.

They are always talking of "technically" defeated or "technical subsidy aka under recovery"

They can just manufacture any word or phrase to explain away their evils

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Champele(m): 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
baralatie:

define under recovery?
Under recovery means When you buy a bus and give a drunker driver to manage and letter found the bus in a very bad shape even without return on investment, then you carry the bus to mechanic for total body work. that's your answer. Thank your god he save you from corrupt people. you would have been dead and gone by now

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Champele(m): 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2018
NaijaMutant:

mumus everywheregrin
You can check my handle, I use to be mumu critic like you until I learn to use my head, not emotion, to reason and search for the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by watchindelta(m): 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
See den

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
Champele:
I believe the Hon Minister. PDP put us in this mess they are trying to clear out. Only a fool will argue this. I use to be among the fools. Open your eyes my fellow Nigerians. biko!
kai some people mumu ooo grin grin grin
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by 1shortblackboy: 11:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
is Nigeria technically not a shithole?
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by baralatie(m): 11:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
Champele:
Under recovery means When you buy a bus and give a drunker driver to manage and letter found the bus in a very bad shape even without return on investment, then you carry the bus to mechanic for total body work. that's your answer. Thank your god he save you from corrupt people. you would have been dead and gone by now

Under-recovery is a term used in the Indian Petroleum sector to denote the notional losses that oil companies incur due to the difference between the subsidized price at which the oil marketing companies sell certain products like diesel, LPG and Kerosene and the price which they should have received for meeting their cost of production

2 Likes

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by tete7000(m): 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
These people are rogues. They have been spending from extra money accrued from sale of oil without any appropriation bill to that effect. Buhari is technically corrupt.
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Reference(m): 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
baralatie:

Under-recovery is a term used in the Indian Petroleum sector to denote the notional losses that oil companies incur due to the difference between the subsidized price at which the oil marketing companies sell certain products like diesel, LPG and Kerosene and the price which they should have received for meeting their cost of production

Why answer him. Just look at his reply. But I'm not at all surprised. These are the types of people this government hopes will get them back into power. Intellectually empty but full of raw emotions and packed full of insults. Don't bother to reply such.

3 Likes

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by teoiyalla(m): 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2018
#APCtechnically move out of Asorock 2019
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by vigasimple(m): 11:26pm On Jan 31, 2018
We should vote this APCSHIT government and not so ready opposition PDP out technically and replace them with intellectually sound youthful politician for the future of this country.
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by codedguy1(m): 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
Technically I don't even know how the fg will be owing a parastal in the fg. I have always wondered how that happens. of course I know its corruption.

Nigeria is a zoo, a strange place where small thieves are burnt while big thieves are celebrated, a place where you would be told that a Tokunbo motor spare part is better than a new one, where protesting groups are classified as terrorist but herdsmen murderers are protected by the govt who refuses to acknowledge that the murdering group is a terrorist organisation.

Meanwhile this same nnpc will have a budget that will be forwarded through the petroleum ministry for approval.

There is something fundamentally wrong with us as a country.

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by blacknp(m): 12:06am On Feb 01, 2018
RZArecta2:
You tell one lie just to cover another lie that will cover another lie till you end up telling a thousand lies. That's the policy of this APC circus they call a government cool
Ghost face why feel important?you are not worth lying to. Mr Nobody.
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by chloride6: 12:16am On Feb 01, 2018
Champele:
Nigeria is still among the five countries that buy fuel at the cheapest price in the world. try to analyse before you start you blindish criticism.

Sharrap!

The cost of a commodity is not its price but the alternative forgone.
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Yankee101: 12:41am On Feb 01, 2018
Lies! Lies!! Lies!!!
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 01, 2018
Technically APC has failed on their promise
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by damlawrence101: 12:50am On Feb 01, 2018
Na ogun go technically kill you
Champele:
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 01, 2018
TheFreeOne:

Lol grin grin grin My belle o

Kemi's explanation on "technically today there is no subsidy but there is under-recovery" is akin to a witch promising not to kill her victims but will prefers gradually sucking their blood. Will the victims not die eventually?

It's a lose lose situation for Nigerians cos at N145 there's still scarcity so people pay more to get fuel and if fully deregulated at higher price we'll still pay more.

And for political correctness the government wouldn't deregulate now cos of 2019 election for fear of backlash which could make Nigerians to vote massively against APC.

its a catch 22. we have not sorted out refining capacity, so we have to import petrol
at the time we 'deregulated' price of oil was $35 a barrel if i recall. that of course did wonders for our income. now price of crude is up, so price of fuel has also gone up. our income increases, and the cost of lifting product does the same. if the price of crude should crash again, cost of lifting fuel will also fall, along with our income.

only hope for fg is to manage till dangote comes on stream - but how much capacity does his refinery have?
as for our own refineries, pengassan has hobbled kachikwu - all the mans plans to make nnpc lean and mean were killed

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by nwakibie3(m): 1:02am On Feb 01, 2018
Champele:
Look at the trillions spent on fraudulent subsidy that make you buy fuel at 97 then. All this money is now going to the right direction. imagine that policy(subsidy) and MMM and tell me the difference. PDP nearly killed this country

What was ur reaction in 2012 wen PDP wanted to remove the said subsidy?

Hypocrites everywhere. I spit on u. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by ogbeniolola: 1:09am On Feb 01, 2018
Technically, Buhari is not the president!
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by lightuplightup: 1:22am On Feb 01, 2018
' "Why that is, is because NNPC are currently doing all the importing. They are importing at a higher price than they are selling, which means they are losing money; which means effectively that loss is being borne by everybody and effectively it is reflected in the federation account". !!! When I heard her give this daft explanation on national TV, I was mad. since its been taken care of by the federation account its no longer subsidy, was it not the federation account that took care of it previously?
GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Spidermon: 2:49am On Feb 01, 2018
Technically, this buhari administration is a circus show.

Every public office holder from the Grand Cow-mander to his foot soldiers are all clowns.

What is the textbook definition of subsidy?
Re: Adeosun: Technically, there is no subsidy but ‘under-recovery’ by Tremor007: 2:55am On Feb 01, 2018
12submarine:
“Now, when there is talk of payment of subsidy, technically today there is no subsidy but there is under-recovery.

TECHNICALLY, Boko Haram has been defeated.

TECHNICALLY today, there is no subsidy.

Whenever they say TECHNICALLY, we know what they mean.
That's who they are they are so amateurish in diplomacy 2019 please come with lightning speed!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chime Has Thyroid Cancer - SaharaReporters / Don’t Insult Buhari, He Is Puppet To No One, Tinubu Slams PDP / Gov. Nasir El-rufai Introduces KADGIS (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.