Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti (765 Views)

Wike Says Rivers Govt To Sue FG Over Withdrawal Of N11bn From FAAC / Ifeanyi Uba's Diversion of N11bn Fuel Is Punishable By Death -DSS / Capital Oil Sold Missing Fuel Worth N11bn, Senate Calls For Massive Sack In NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by Ebullience(m): 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ayodele Fayose, governor of Ekiti, says the non-payment of N11 billion to the state by federal government is the “wickedness” of Kayode Fayemi, minister of mines and steel development.

Fayemi is the predecessor of Fayose.

Speaking with journalists on Wednesday, Fayose said Fayemi instituted a case against the state at a court in Abeokuta, seeking an order to stop the payment of N11 billion due to Ekiti as refund for construction and rehabilitation of federal roads.

He described the alleged action of Fayemi as wickedness taken too far on Ekiti people.

The governor wondered if it was by this means the All Progressives Congress (APC) “intend to realise their tall dream of taking over Ekiti state by force.”

“When I said that I won’t leave office as a debtor of salary, going by the efforts I have made, I was sure that the over N12 billion owed the state by the federal government on construction and rehabilitation of federal roads will be paid to Ekiti like other states this month,” Fayose said.

“However, I am shocked that in their usual characteristics of working against every effort to alleviate the sufferings of the people, Dr Fayemi, through his former commissioner for Finance, Dapo Kolawole, instituted a case against Ekiti state at Abeokuta, seeking an order to stop the payment of N11 billion due to Ekiti as refund for construction and rehabilitation of federal roads.

“One wonders why a case involving Ekiti was instituted in Abeokuta when we have a Federal High Court here. It is clear that this is an attempt at shopping for court order to prevent Ekiti people from getting the refund due to the state.

“Sadly, the N11 billion refund that should have been paid to Ekiti state this month is said to have been stopped by the federal government, relying on the court action.

“My question is; must Ekiti people, especially the workers be made to suffer just because of desperation of the coming governorship election? I consider this as wickedness taken too far against one’s own people.

“My salary as a governor is under one million naira, now imagine those workers that will suffer from this wickedness all in the name of opposition politics. They believe that when they strangulate this state in terms of finances, they will be able to have an inroad into the state.”

He said it was the APC government of Fayemi that plunged the state into huge debt which led to irregular payment of salary.

“It is equally unfortunate that despite being in charge of the ministry of solid minerals, his office has not benefitted Ekiti regarding the available minerals resources in the state. No single road project has been done in this state since the beginning of the APC federal government,” Fayose said.

“It is my belief that the well-being of the people should be the utmost concern of all of us irrespective of our political affiliation. Ekiti people must not be made to suffer just because anyone has political issues with me.

“Even though I remain undaunted, I just have to place it on record that once again, the collective interest of Ekiti and its people is being sacrificed on the altar selfish political interest.

“However, I wish to assure our workers that I will leave no stone unturned in ensuring that the evil plans of these political desperadoes in the APC do not materialise. I will use all legal means to stop this wicked plot to deny our state its legitimate entitlements.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fayose-non-payment-11bn-refund-ekiti-fg-fayemis/

Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by Patiti: 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
The money should not be released, Fayose will squander the money as usual to buy properties & for the forthcoming election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by psucc(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2018
I can understand with you, Mr. Special Adviser to APC
Patiti:
The money should not be released, Fayose will squander the money as usual to buy properties & for the forthcoming election.
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by marhoinspire: 5:47am On Feb 01, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by GavelSlam: 5:47am On Feb 01, 2018
You had 4 years to pay salaries when due but you dillied and dallied.

Kind of late in the day to be coming up with excuses.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by marhoinspire: 5:48am On Feb 01, 2018
who asked you to fix federal roads?
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by cheeeoma(f): 6:00am On Feb 01, 2018
Political calculations... these guys keep using the masses to play tennis.
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by smellingmenses: 6:16am On Feb 01, 2018
exactly what the APC deserves. They will take the fall for Fayose's faults... just watch out

GavelSlam:
You had 4 years to pay salaries when due but you dillied and dallied.

Kind of late in the day to be coming up with excuses.
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by smellingmenses: 6:17am On Feb 01, 2018
take a mirror to your face and ask the same question again..
marhoinspire:
who asked you to fix federal roads?
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by smellingmenses: 6:18am On Feb 01, 2018
but ogbeni aregbe should receive his? this is why APC will remain hated in EKITI
Patiti:
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by GavelSlam: 6:18am On Feb 01, 2018
smellingmenses:
exactly what the APC deserves. They will take the fall for Fayose's faults... just watch out

Hahahaha.

You wish.
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by seunmsg(m): 6:27am On Feb 01, 2018
Fayose intends to use the money to finance the election of his puppet Olushola Eleka and then loot the rest. This is definitely not about Ekiti workers. The money should be withheld till a new government is formed in Ekiti.
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by blackpanda: 6:36am On Feb 01, 2018
smellingmenses:

Those that have brain will not buy the horse shit fayose is selling. What did will do with all the paris club refunds the state was given?? What of bail out funds released to him to pay salaries

The truth is apc has been extremely magnanimous to fayose. Despite his continued insults and tantrums, the fed govt continues to ignore and releaee funds. This never happened under pdp. Money was released according to lobbying power and loyalty
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by enlady(f): 7:00am On Feb 01, 2018
seunmsg:
Fayose intends to use the money to finance the election of his puppet Olushola Eleka and then loot the rest. This is definitely not about Ekiti workers. The money should be withheld till a new government is formed in Ekiti.
You guys never learn from the past. This was the same bitter politics Apc played in Kogi before Yahya Bello was sworn in. Bail out funds were with held from Gov Idris Wada till Yahya Bello came in. Look at the mess Bello has plunged Kogi into. Idris Wada is a thousand times more responsible than the present clown. This sheer wickedness against Ekiti people

1 Like

Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by Kadgum: 9:06am On Feb 01, 2018
I thought this dude was advising the FG against blaming it's predecessor? Why is he doing the same thing now?
Re: Fayose Blames Fayemi For Non-payment Of N11bn To Ekiti by seunmsg(m): 9:16am On Feb 01, 2018
enlady:

You guys never learn from the past. This was the same bitter politics Apc played in Kogi before Yahya Bello was sworn in. Bail out funds were with held from Gov Idris Wada till Yahya Bello came in. Look at the mess Bello has plunged Kogi into. Idris Wada is a thousand times more responsible than the present clown. This sheer wickedness against Ekiti people

Fayose did exactly the same thing to Fayemi when he was about to leave office. He wrote all the banks that does business with the state not to honour any loan request from the outgoing government. In addition, he pallied with Jonathan to withheld Ekiti states allocation for 2 months and also denied the state over N5billion refund for federal roads constructed by the Fayemi administration. So, why is he crying over what he did to his predecessor?

(1) (Reply)

MURIC Blows Hot Over Killing Of Fulanis / Coalition Of Nigerian Movement Is Recruiting Members On Nairaland / Obasanjo A Coward, Not Qualified To Advise Buhari – Idahosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.