Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:50 AM

I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) (729 Views)

Please Help!!! Help This Newbie About Php Site / Enter For All Wapka Codes/get Your Wapka Site's Problems Solved / Please Help!!! "This Site May Harm Your Computer Issue" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by DualCore1: 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2010
My dear brothers and sisters. My head is touching. This is kinda funny but I am stuck here with this issue.

Ok I am drawing up the layout for a site and I have 17 starting divs and 18 closing divs.
I am stuck looking for the extra closing div and if we catch it, na flog! 10 strokes

The funny thing is that even the Notepad++ wey i dey use work don confuse. Today is not going well for most web devs. Omni is presently taking a walk cuz he has rev'd his brain with php and has lost touch of reality. I dey laugh am since only for my own kolo to start.

Here's the html/php code i am writing.

<body>
<div id="container">
<div id="top_layer">
<div id="header">
<div id="logo"></div>
<div id="navs" class="nav_bar">
<ul>
<li><a href="?page=home">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="?page=services">Our Services</a></li>
<li><a href="?page=team">The MSL Team</a></li>
<li><a href="?page=references">Job References</a></li>
<li><a href="?page=contact">Contact Us</a></li>
</ul>
</div>
</div><!--end of header-->
</div><!--end of top layer -->

<div id="middle_layer">
<div id="content">
<div id="main">
<div class="heading"></div><!--end of heading-->
<div id="text">
<?php include("files/lipsum.php"wink;?>
</div><!--end of text-->
</div><!--end of main -->
<div id="sidebar" class="sidebar">
<div class="sidebar_title"></div><!--end of sidebar_title-->
<div class="sidebar_content">
</div><!--end of sidebar_content-->
</div><!--end of sidebar -->

</div<!--end of content -->
</div>
</div><!--end of middle layer -->

<div id="bottom_layer">
<div id="footer">
<div id="footer_nav" class="nav_bar">
<ul>
<li><a href="?page=home">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="?page=services">Our Services</a></li>
<li><a href="?page=team">The MSL Team</a></li>
<li><a href="?page=references">Job References</a></li>
<li><a href="?page=contact">Contact Us</a></li>
</ul>
</div>
<div id="copyright">
<p>Copyright &copy <?php echo $year['year']?> <?php echo $url?> . All Rights Reserved. Designed by <a href="http://www.sawyerrken.com">SawyerrKen</a>.
</div>
</div><!--end of footer -->

</div><!--end of bottom layer -->

</div><!--end of container-->
</body>

Help me find where the nesting problem is abeg. I don look tire and I dont want to kill myself today.
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by DualCore1: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2010
Solved, thanks for erm. . . thanks sha

Solution
notice this
  </div<!--end of content -->

I didnt close the closing div tag before starting the comment so it caused conflict for the next closing div after it which i deleted cuz its the stray one.

"The code that is the hardest to debug is the code that you know cannot possibly be wrong. " - Random quote
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by OmniPotens(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2010
One good turn deserves another. You laf laf laf tired and I went on break. Now you are hooked. I just don't know if I should start crying for you ooooo.

Well, mine na PHP and yours na HTML so which is better tongue

Where's my red wine lemme cool off jare. Your turn to dance while I watcha grin
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 18, 2010
Do i sense a come back to handcoding or legcoding?

If yes. Then i guess a welcome back party will be necessary under the pay of my Honorable Chairman of the Association of strict hand coders. Sir Omnipotence
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by OmniPotens(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2010
You are not serious ooo. Well, you can welcome to coding as it is a good practice.
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by DualCore1: 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2010
I never left "handcoding". Even if this was CMS, i still have to put the look and feel down in codes.

Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2010
intwesting, dual core, ave u checked out my drupal / joomla combo stuff?
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by DualCore1: 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2010
I don see am o. The look 'n' feel is tight.
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2010
look 'n feel keh? i ave not done anything to the look and feel, it is just the functionality that is changed.
i had some problems with internet explorer initially which is now resolved. . .
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by DualCore1: 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2010
Shay some months back I told you what I liked about the look 'n' feel. Abi no be extreme wey dey talk about? another site dey?
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2010
yeah you are right, i love the looks too. thanks
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 19, 2010
@Dual. Just kidding. My ex thought was that developers who use CMS, hardly even code. But i don improve in knowledge and know as it goes,

Some work has to still be done at the tag end, kiss
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
Donpuzo:

@Dual. Just kidding. My ex thought was that developers who use CMS, hardly even code. But i don improve in knowledge and know as it goes,

Some work has to still be done at the tag end,  kiss
it is nice to use cms. but it is handicapped when the developer does not learn how to use the api proper for the cms. For instance,
if you are learning stuffs like joomla, drupal, learn stuffs like using the framework to generate forms, send mails, create users. . .
how to create your own modules, themes/templates, plugins and so on, even if you do not end up creating one, you will be able to
manipulate an existing one to do what you need.
What i did on my site can be done without any framework, but mehn, it will take like 6 times longer, and there will be a number
of bugs. I use almost every tool available to work, from coreldraw to frontpage (yeah right, i said it), to dreamweaver cs4, notepad++, photoshop,
fireworks and handy frameworks like wordpress (not commonly), joomla, drupal, jQuery (even though i am a jscript expert).
It is up to you as a developer to be vast, and you responsibility to decide on what is best for a given job. You decide when it is best to say:

document.getElementById("dhtml"wink.onclick=function() {alert('lol');}   or  $("#dhtml"wink.click(function() {alert('lol')});
Likewise $authentic= $_GET[person]=="dhtml" ? true: false;     and   if($_GET['person']=="dhtml"wink {$authentic=true;} else {$authentic=false;}
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 20, 2010
@Jeez. A lot of tutorials for one rude boy!!! I bet i am gonna be a Jscript guru too!!! grin
Re: I Need Help, This Is Not A Drill! (Solved, lol :-p) by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 20, 2010
lol

(1) (Reply)

Vpn Private / I Need A Theming Expert Now! / My First Python Script A Unique Generator Uptimum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.