Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? (839 Views)

New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks / What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? / Fear Of Boycott Grips South African Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 10:09am On Feb 01, 2018
Beef boycott is seen as the only immediate solution to the current terror and oppression of the Fulani herdsmen. This was postulated while deliberating on how to end the heinous crimes being perpetuated by this heartless herdsmen. Having considered several possible solutions and discovered that all other solutions are either medium term or long term solutions which can't provide emergency solution to the problem at hand. Other solutions are potent but would take time to plan and execute.

Emphasis was made on the imperial position of the Fulani in Nigeria, as they see their trade as one without option for other people. They believe others won't survive without them and their businesses. They confidently profess that others (Southerners) can't do without their cows and its derivatives. 

Considering the economic  effect of other non-Fulanis who deal in cows, especially those who work at the slaughter slabs and sell beef in our markets. It was agreed that people must stay alive so they can do business as we must not scrifice our lives for only one business to survive in this country. These set of people will definetely endure while the hardship lasts or seek other sources of income.

However, it is pathetic to assume that there are no options to Fulani's  beef. There are other sources of animal protein, let's explore them. Many have even taken the challenge of deliberate investment in cattle rearing as I have seen, while others should also be encouraged to engage in meat production. 

Some have begun their beef boycott, I began mine yesterday and at least for a month, my family will not buy Fulani's beef. The more the boom in the primitive method of rearing cows by our herdsmen, the killings we'll have. The less we demand their product, the less they impose themselves and their businesses on other Nigerians.

The social media is a powerful tool in propagating this, if the social media was used to cry against the injustice of SARS, the social media can do more in this case. #FulaniBeefBoycott
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oz4real83(m): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2018
They should treat cattle farming the same way they treat crop production. Almost all the onions,tomatoes,groundnuts,yams,rice and many other crops that are consumed come from the northern part of Nigeria. They are cultivated,harvested and in some cases processed in the north before being taken to the southern part of Nigeria. It will even create more jobs in the north if he cattle are processed into beef and other diary products in the north before being taken to the south. Dangote has his companies in some specific places but his products are everywhere across the country. Cattle farming should be like that. Cattle farming can stay in the northern part but their processed products can be everywhere.
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by Zonacom(m): 10:17am On Feb 01, 2018
Utter Rubbish in my Opinion. We are too emotional in this country

1 Like

Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2018
Zonacom:
Utter Rubbish in my Opinion. We are too emotional in this country

Emotional about thousands being killed annually?

I regard your opinion pointless until you proffer your potent emergency solution in this case.
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 10:39am On Feb 01, 2018
oz4real83:
They should treat cattle farming the same way they treat crop production. Almost all the onions,tomatoes,groundnuts,yams,rice and many other crops that are consumed come from the northern part of Nigeria. They are cultivated,harvested and in some cases processed in the north before being taken to the southern part of Nigeria. It will even create more jobs in the north if he cattle are processed into beef and other diary products in the north before being taken to the south. Dangote has his companies in some specific places but his products are everywhere across the country. Cattle farming should be like that. Cattle farming can stay in the northern part but their processed products can be everywhere.

Dear, you are mixing up things here. Those into crop production are sane, those into cattle rearing are the problems of the crop produces and other people. The herdsmen are primitive in their modus operandi and are change resistant.
Their political, military and religious support is massive and that's why most northern leaders are yet to condemn the killings
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by capnies: 10:55am On Feb 01, 2018
The best way to fight war is to improvirish your enemy they don't eat the cattle meat they sell to us. If we stop eating beef the purpose of rearing becomes meaningless or at least reduced then our life's and crops will be preserved

PLEASE READ THIS

Dear friends, there's a very important piece of history I'll like to share with you which concerns you.

On December 1, 1955, a middle-aged "negro woman" in America, Mrs. Rosa Parks, refused to stand up for a young white man who just entered the segregated bus she was ridding in. If she did, she would have had to stand all through the journey.

At that time, the bus is segregated in most parts of America: white people sit in front rows and black people sit from the back. Blacks would normally pay fare to the driver in the front, then step out of the bus and go through the back door to find a place in an already tight area at the back. If the allocated spaces for blacks are filled, all other blacks joining the bus would have to stand even when the more than half of the bus spaces reserved for whites are empty! Such was the injustice and humiliation that black Americans faced then.

For refusing to stand up for the young white man, Mrs Rosa Parks was immediately arrested, scheduled for prosecution on Monday December 5. Then the Rev. Martins Luther King and his NAACP comrades stepped in. They called out the people. They spoke about the sad realities of their existence, the terror of an unjust system and barbaric treatments in the hands of fellow Americans.

In addition to speaking out, these Black Americans decided to take action to protest that injustice by boycotting the segregated buses. The boycott began December 6, 1955.

Dear friends, here is the crux of the matter: Black Americans took action! For 1 year and 16 days, *they trekked to and from work or boarded improvised pooled taxes, everyday*, until the US supreme courts declared segregation unconstitutional!

During the struggle, someone offered one tired black woman a lift in his pool car, but she declined, saying, *"l ain't trekking for myself, but for my children and grandchildren "*!

So, dear friends, whenever we don’t take action and we feel unobligated, unconcerned,* we should simply remember the black Americans and those women. Without them, the freedom that US enjoys today wouldn't have happened, or happened too late.
Obama may not have become the President of US.

So, the questions before all of us now are: Are we slaves to the Fulani people? Are you ready to trek for yourself and your generation yet unborn as the black Americans did? Are we willing to do our own little bits for the cause of good governance and security of our people? Are we ready to act? If today, it is Benue, Kaduna, Taraba, Enugu, etc, which state or community is next? We have complained and grumbled enough. Now is the time to take action.

Dear friends, there's a general consensus that with effect from February 2018, there should be a total boycott of Fulani cow meat, including suya, kanda (skin), etc. We should discipline our appetite and make this sacrifice now to put an end to the killing of farmers because of cows.

We can get protein from chicken, goat meat, fish, pork, etc. How can we continue to patronise their business and then they turn around to kill our people and destroy our communities? Enough is enough.

Pls spread this information to people around you. Thank you. God bless.

Me thinks a ONE YEAR BOYCOTT for a start will send the right signals to this murderous fulani group and their government collaborators. FEBRUARY 1ST, 2018 is commencement date please. Let's keep it a date.

Please spread the news to ALL your contacts.

2 Likes

Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oz4real83(m): 10:55am On Feb 01, 2018
oneolajire:

Dear, you are mixing up things here. Those into crop production are sane, those into cattle rearing are the problems of the crop produces and other people. The herdsmen are primitive in their modus operandi and are change resistant.
Their political, military and religious support is massive and that's why most northern leaders are yet to condemn the killings
it isn't all about boycotting beef. What I am saying is that we should take a stand and make it known that beef that come from the north will be accepted while any live-animal will be rejected or boycotted. This action won't stop people's jobs. It will only make it unprofitable bringing live-animals from the northern part.

2 Likes

Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2018
oz4real83:
it isn't all about boycotting beef. What I am saying is that we should take a stand and make it known that beef that come from the north will be accepted while any live-animal will be rejected or boycotted. This action won't stop people's jobs. It will only make it unprofitable bringing live-animals from the northern part.

Got you
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by bloodmoneyspita: 11:10am On Feb 01, 2018
what happened to poultry farming?

they should be a chicken abattoir in every market in the south, everyone should have at least one chicken etc. we'll benefit from eggs too etc.

bill gates even sees chicken as eliminating poverty in the nearest future. cows will be irrelevant if this happens, secondly the south East have their own cattles but due to the war has been ranched ever since then to avoid Extinction.

let's face chicken for now.
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:
what happened to poultry farming?

they should be a chicken abattoir in every market in the south, everyone should have at least one chicken etc. we'll benefit from eggs too etc.

bill gates even sees chicken as eliminating poverty in the nearest future. cows will be irrelevant if this happens, secondly the south East have their own cattles but due to the war has been ranched ever since then to avoid Extinction.

let's face chicken for now.

Yes ooo, looking inwards is it. We must think outside the box. We have chicken, pork, fish and so on. We should not die for Fulani cows to live
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by solutionsnow: 6:57am On Feb 02, 2018
Those guys are something else, they have become thorns in our flesh. So arrogant, aggressive and callous. We need potent solutions to their problems. I will boycott suya as well and campaign against them. Kill their economy- kill thier ego
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2018
solutionsnow:
Those guys are something else, they have become thorns in our flesh. So arrogant, aggressive and callous. We need potent solutions to their problems. I will boycott suya as well and campaign against them. Kill their economy- kill thier ego
Yea
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by solutionsnow: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2018
oz4real83:

Those fulani guys are still in stone age. No innovation.
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by femu(m): 11:14am On Feb 03, 2018
Let's consume other sources of protein like pork, chicken, goat, fish etc.

1 Like

Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2018
femu:
Let's consume other sources of protein like pork, chicken, goat, fish etc.

Yes ooo, let's explore other sources
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by solutionsnow: 8:54am On Feb 06, 2018
We must herald this beef boycott campaign. It is very necessary to reset the brains of the herdsmen back to default. Why do we need to continue to boost their ego by patronising their businesses?

I even did the campaign in the bus yesterday. Pls join the campaign it is not time to compplain
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by maasoap(m): 9:28am On Feb 06, 2018
Anyone who wants to boycott should go ahead. Who is preventing you?
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by solutionsnow: 9:52am On Feb 08, 2018
maasoap:
Anyone who wants to boycott should go to ahead. Who is preventing you?

Yes will, we have started. God bless OP
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 8:34am On Feb 10, 2018
maasoap:
Anyone who wants to boycott should go ahead. Who is preventing you?

You have seen one person who has started the boycott, do join as well
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by maasoap(m): 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
oneolajire:

You have seen one person who has started the boycott, do join as well
Why should I?
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
maasoap:

Why should I?

The reasons are stated in the write-up. Abi you didn't read it?
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
maasoap:

Why should I?

The reasons are stated in the write-up. Abi you didn't read it? Na wa for your question
Re: Beef Boycott; Is This The Immediate Solution To The Herdsmen Killings? by oneolajire(m): 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2018
solutionsnow:
We must herald this beef boycott campaign. It is very necessary to reset the brains of the herdsmen back to default. Why do we need to continue to boost their ego by patronising their businesses?

I even did the campaign in the bus yesterday. Pls join the campaign it is not time to compplain

Thanks. The killer herdsmen just sacked a local govt secretariat in Ondo State. They my soon take over the state secretariat too. #BoycottFulaniBeef

(1) (Reply)

I Buy Itunes Cards And Any Other Gift Card In Exchange Of Money Am Trusted / Please, I Need Some To Help Me Make Paypal Payment Now / Pure water business for lease!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.