Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari (2874 Views)

Senator Ali Ndume Proposes Communication Tax. Nigerians React / Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day / Senator Ali Wakili Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by holuwertobex(m): 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
A Second Republic Lawmaker, from Katsina, Senator Abba Ali has revealed that former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s intends to pull President Muhammadu down as the 2019 general elections approaches.
The former lawmaker accused Obasanjo of plotting the downfall of Buhari as he did during the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua time.

Ali served as Senator representing Katsina between 1979 and 1983.
He said Obasanjo wants to take over power from Buhari and hand it over to another person.
Ali was reacting to Obasanjo’s statement on President Buhari in an interview with Journalist in the state.

He said, “I think this is Obasanjo’s agenda. This is the second agenda, he is bringing. He did it during Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. He knows Umaru was not well, he brought him in and then attached Jonathan to him, so that soon he will not be able to complete the tenure, so that Jonathan can take over.

“The same thing this time. He saw that Buhari will die and then. Maybe he wanted Buhari to die and then another person takes over.
“Personally, I think Obasanjo, this is the second or the alternative of getting rid of Buhari. Because the way and manner he (Buhari) started the war against corruption which, if goes deep, he (Obasanjo) is not even safe.

“Talk about the power, during his tenure in office, he spent over $16billion and nothing has been done. Nobody knows where the money is. He privatize the whole government properties. He sold the Nigerian Airways .
“He sold the rolling mills, the Ajaokuta and Katsina rolling mills. Umaru Musa wanted to buy it for Katsina, he said no. You see, he has so many things in his cupboard hidden. People respect him and kept quiet. So, I think as an elder statesman, he should be more positive criticism.
“For instance, nobody on earth can accuse Buhari of not making any progress in fight against corruption. They design the TSA, but because they know that it will not work in their favour, they refused to operate it. But Buhari introduced it. This BVN, it was Obasanjo time when they do it but they didn’t put it to use.

“But Buhari put it to use. I expect OBJ to meet Buhari one on one for advice not going public The former Senator said for former President Obasanjo to go to the public – pages of newspaper, air and online to criticize Buhari wasn’t good enough of him as an elder statesman.

“As a leader, I think you are expected to set a good example If he is to advice his subsequent head of states. It would be more honourable for him to meet individually than to go on air, pages of newspapers and public. “He can sit him down to give him honest advice.

“He was his leader before, at least. “It is unfortunate, I expect him as an old leader to maturely advice people, but not on the pages of newspapers, radio or internet.
“His relationship with Buhari is so cordial that he should meet him in the room and say look, here and there, I think you need to do this and that in the best interest of the nation.

“And I’m sure Buhari will listen to him. Obj paying back the North the other way round “People especially from this part of the country made him get to that office of President.
“We sympathized with him when he was taken to prison. It was us who worked for him to come back and take over the leadership of this country and not his own people. If you remember, even his election in Ogun, he didn’t win it. We unanimously teamed up together.”

https://hitng.com.ng/2018/02/01/2019-election-senator-ali-reveals-obasanjos-real-plans-for-buhari/

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by possibility99: 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
Well U Are Right... But Why The New Party From Obj,, Cuz Me Iyam Not Understanding This County Again O,, Anyway Fist To Chat

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2018
This man is not only mad but maddest shocked

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mr man go and sit down what corruption or quoroption is Buhari fighting all I see is media trial.If you love Buhari and your nation advise him not to contests.

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by AdolfHitlerxXx: 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
YES to all these statements:

1. OBJ is a selfish person, he didn't perform well but he helped install stooges who are worse in comparison.

2. PMB came with high expectations but he has been just as bad if not worse than GEJ.

3. OBJ is already planning a palace coup against PMB, PMB's performance has been so woeful it's hard to defend him (i was a former fan)

4. Unfortunately Nigerians will likely have 3 bad choices ; PMB, Atiku and OBJ's coalition party. Same old thieving failures

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by Homers123(m): 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2018
Naija situation is confusing.
Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by SweetJoystick(m): 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mallam shut up

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
Aboki shut up!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by DLuciano: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
very childish and immature of a so called senator, if he likes let him continue to lick bubu's ass, the game will soon be over

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by SalamRushdie: 4:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
Leave Obj out of this Mr useless senator , it is we the Nigerians People that want to take power from an incompetent and Vile Buhari and Hand it over to someone more visionary and sensible

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2018
Abeg make we here word. hunger is everywhere, Nigerians are trying to escape the hardship only to get enslaved in Libya a country ravaged by war. Nepotism has taken over. in terms of government appointments and management of the affairs of the country clanishness is the other of the day. Mr President had the opportunity to write his name in gold and become that Messiah that transformed Nigeria and position her as the true giant of Africa.
But all the fanfare and goodwill that he enjoyed from the nooks and crannies of this country have been squandered by ineptitude and cabalization of the Nigerian state.
Mr President has had his chance and should dismount the horse as advised by Pa Obasanjo's. this is not about the messenger it is about the reality of hunger ineptitude and bad governance that is right in front of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by osazeeblue01: 5:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
One of the cabals

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by wingmanII: 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2018
Can you imagine this coming from a senator. Animals. So Obasanjo criticizing Buhari is "paying back the north the other way round ". He is no longer president of Nigeria but of North. Useless, "country".

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by QTEST007(m): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
this is them trying to muzzle us.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by DeKen: 11:53pm On Feb 01, 2018
When people put up this kind of argument, I wonder if they are not leaving in Nigeria. He should directly counter what OBJ said instead of bringing up conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Senator Ali Reveals Obasanjo’s ‘real’ Plans For Buhari by possibility99: 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2018
possibility99:
Well U Are Right... But Why The New Party From Obj,, Cuz Me Iyam Not Understanding This County Again O,, Anyway Fist To Chat
Obj ke?? ...The day i knew he wa a joke was when the R-Apc defected back to PDP leaving his party behind..... Nigerians jxt like u, ar now wiser than all his tricks

(1) (Reply)

You Can’t Justify Denying Ambode 2nd Term Ticket, Osinbajo Tells GAC / Donald Duke Backs Out Of Presidential Race, Endorses Buhari / Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.