Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,334 members, 7,954,356 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

Chimamanda Adichie, A Must Watch Inspiring---{video} - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie, A Must Watch Inspiring---{video} (702 Views)

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie, A Must Watch Inspiring---{video} by violent(m): 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2010
Re: Chimamanda Adichie, A Must Watch Inspiring---{video} by PapaBrowne(m): 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2010
I watched this sometime last year and for days I couldn't get it off my brains.  Kept making references to it! Marvellous video.

The most impressive thing about her speech is the way she structured it and the very thought evoking analogies she presented.
Very, very brilliant lady! Love her to bits!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie, A Must Watch Inspiring---{video} by vigasimple(m): 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2010
We have talents North , south , west and East and we should be very proud as Nation, africans and the black race.

May God continue to bless all of us. Amen.

and Thank you to Chimamanda for her contribution to make us proud and educate those people telling a single story about us, Nigeians, and Africans.

In the political world, they said that you must define yourself before you are defined.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie, A Must Watch Inspiring---{video} by silentc(m): 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2010
I admire this lady. She is intelligent, articulate and talented.

I love the "single story" message. It made sense to me and has always been the case of Africa (single story of poverty, war etc). What of all the other beautiful, intelligent, innovative, entrepreneurial things etc that Africa has to offer? We have millions of stories not just ones of misery, corruption or poverty (this doesnt mean we should bury our head in the sand and ignore these problems also)
Re: Chimamanda Adichie, A Must Watch Inspiring---{video} by Shock(m): 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2010
I remember a white girl telling me some months ago that she's so surprised i speak good english. , . . . of course, dummy, i was brought up speaking English!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie, A Must Watch Inspiring---{video} by violent(m): 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2010
These are the kind of people who ought to represent us as Ambassadors or Information Ministers!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie, A Must Watch Inspiring---{video} by Shock(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2010
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (born September 15, 1977) is an acclaimed Nigerian writer. She is a native of Abba, Nigeria, in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra state, Southeast Nigeria. Her family is of Igbo descent.

Born in the town of Enugu but grew up in the university town of Nsukka in south-eastern Nigeria, where the University of Nigeria is situated. While she was growing up, her father was a professor of statistics at the University, and her mother was also employed there as the university registrar. At the age of 19, she left Nigeria and moved to the United States. After studying at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Chimamanda transferred to Eastern Connecticut State University to live closer to her sister; who had a medical practice in Coventry (now in Mansfield, Connecticut), and to continue studying communications and political science.

She received a university degree from Eastern, where she graduated summa cum laude in 2001. In 2003, she completed a master's degree in creative writing at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. In 2008, she received a Master of Arts in African studies at Yale University. Chimamanda is a 2008 MacArthur Fellow. She was a Visiting Writer at Wesleyan University, in 2008, and participated in Wesleyan's Distinguished Writers Series

(1) (Reply)

Ibb Boycotted ! / Nl Politics Section Moderation : Why I Miss Kosovo / Babalola - Nnpc Is Insolvent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.