Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

A United Kingdom Government Minister Resigned For Being Late - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A United Kingdom Government Minister Resigned For Being Late (430 Views)

The Moment Theresa May Burst Into Tears As She Resigned As UK Prime Minister(Pix / British Lord Un-resigns After He Resigned For Being Late To Work / The Moment U.K Minister Resigned For Being Late . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A United Kingdom Government Minister Resigned For Being Late by kayodedada1(m): 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
A minister in Theresa May's government has resigned for being late.

International Development Minister Lord Bates apologised to the House of Lords for his "discourtesy" at not being available to answer a question on Wednesday.

"I'm thoroughly ashamed for not being in my place and so I therefore shall be offering my resignation to the prime minister with immediate effect," he told peers.

There were shouts of "no" from across the chamber as Bates walked out, with several peers appearing to attempt to physically stop him from exiting.

Some peers were visibly in shock at the resignation......Can such a thing ever happen in Nigeria?
Re: A United Kingdom Government Minister Resigned For Being Late by Bossontop(m): 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
undecided
Not i my country!!.....they will come late and even walk in lyk they own d place and if you dare talk na wahala u dey bring for ursef......smd!!!

Re: A United Kingdom Government Minister Resigned For Being Late by anibirelawal(m): 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
There could be more to that aside from beign late, He knows best.

@op, dont ever ask if a Nigerian can do that, must you compare everything white men does? everybody with his own cross!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Liberia 's Vice President Denied U.S. Visa / Trump Calls Off North Korea Summit, Sends Letter To Kim Jong Un / Simone Gbagbo, ‘iron Lady’ Of Cote D’ivore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.