Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

3 Ways You Can Secure Your Farm From Herdsmen - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 3 Ways You Can Secure Your Farm From Herdsmen (714 Views)

How I Secured My Corn Farm From Helinues & Co (graphic Pics) / How Safe Is Your Farm From Herdsmen Activities? / Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways You Can Secure Your Farm From Herdsmen by Adieza(m): 11:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
This will go in a long way in securing your FarmFrom Herdsmen rather thanEngaging Them in Fight nor Fencing your Farm.
Note: This is not a hate Speech But to help Farmerswho are helpless.
After the rains some stubborn Fulani herdsmen will begin to parade their cows on people's farm provoking tribal clashes.
We don't need to fight them, we can put them off our farm if we plant some plants at the boundary of the farm and surroundings.
1. Jathropha plants,naturaly animals don't like the smell of this plant.
2. Senna alata plant also put animal off.
3. Castor plant is very poisonous to animal,God is wonderful. Animals can smell all poisonous plants.
With the little rain we expect,let's get one out of these plants to secure our farm from those intruders.
You can get victory without a battle if you are prepare for peace, thanks.
Help a farmer, help Nigeria.
Kindly Share This Post After Reading and your comments Will be appreciated.
Source: http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/01/3-ways-you-can-secure-farm-from-fulani.html?m=0
cc: lalasticlala and mynd44
cc: seun and sarrki

Re: 3 Ways You Can Secure Your Farm From Herdsmen by feran15(m): 1:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
Have you tried it and found it successful? Can't they just ignore the poisonous plants and move deeper into your farm?
Re: 3 Ways You Can Secure Your Farm From Herdsmen by abouzaid: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
feran15:
Have you tried it and found it successful? Can't they just ignore the poisonous plants and move deeper into your farm?
exactly, they even uproot crops to feed their cattle so I guess they wouldn't mind moving deeper into the farms provided they're seeing crops growing there. the op really tried never but we need to stop their movements.

(1) (Reply)

Help, How Can I Market My Cucumber And Vegetables / If You Need Meat Processing Consultant And Professional Butcher Call Sam / Fufu/yam Pounding Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.